Pizza Hut UK

Updated February 23, 2015
Updated February 23, 2015
3.8

Jens Hofma

Pros
  • Good people to work with, some good team players amongst staff, pizza allowed on your break (in 4 reviews)

• badges and extra free food after wining some kind of competition (in 3 reviews)

Cons
  • Communication between stores and head office can be improved; (in 6 reviews)

• Very busy and never enough staff which can be hard (in 3 reviews)

More Highlights

53 Employee Reviews Back to all Reviews

Great team and fun to work for

Current Employee - Waitress
    Current Employee - Waitress

I have been working at Pizza Hut UK full-time (more than a year)

Pros

The team experience
    Discounted pizza

Cons

Long hours
    Demanding customers
     On your feet all day

Doctrine and exploitative!

Former Employee - FOH and BOH Team Member in Birmingham, England (UK)
    Former Employee - FOH and BOH Team Member in Birmingham, England (UK)

I worked at Pizza Hut UK part-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

The following review and comments are based on my 5 years of working at Pizza Hut as a part-time/full-time team member
    - Working hours can, mostly, be tailored around your needs
    - Tips belong to the server

Cons

- No career development opportunities
    - Not interested in giving fresh graduates opportunities at their head officer even if they have been loyal to the brand all their life
    - Work breaks, food and working culture is strict
    - Standards are only followed if the standard checking team is coming to have a check
    - Managers exploit the workforce even if they have disability or are vulnerable

I had really good experience.

Current Employee - Delivery Driver in Barking, London, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Delivery Driver in Barking, London, England (UK)

I have been working at Pizza Hut UK full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Nice wages and sick pay and Holiday pay

Cons

Load of pressure in busy times and weekend.

Fantastic loving every minute! Fast pace environment and exciting oppertunities to progress.

Current Employee - Former Driver Now Shift Manager in Dundee, Scotland (UK)
    Current Employee - Former Driver Now Shift Manager in Dundee, Scotland (UK)

I have been working at Pizza Hut UK full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Colleagues are great to get on with have a great laugh. Free staff pizza after your shift. You can approach the managers with anything and they will give you their time and support.

Cons

Can be stressful at times when busy but great sense of achievement when you have contributed to a busy shift.

Keep up the good work!

Busy and fun place to work

I have been working at Pizza Hut UK

Pros

Fantastic environment to develop and grow.
    Great people - willing to support and share knowledge;
    Great atmosphere in the office, easily recognised for hard work and contribution;

Cons

Communication between stores and head office can be improved;
    Slight confusion between the dine-in and delivery business;

Stronger recognition for front line employees (drivers);
    Better website;
    Share more success stories.

It is a fast paced place to work with friendly staff.

Former Employee - Delivery Driver, Pot Wash and Leaflet Distribution in London, England (UK)

I worked at Pizza Hut UK part-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

The best reasons to work at Pizza Hut is most of the people are very friendly and helpful. I was able to balance my work and study time at Pizza Hut.

Cons

The main challenge for me was trying to work out how to use the customer service computer system. I think Pizza Hut should offer better training for the customer service computer system. Rubbish dish washer and tatty uniforms

Get some new uniforms and a better dish washer. Set up a training programme on how to use the customer service computer system.

no staff = no break

Current Employee - Waitress in Blackpool, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Waitress in Blackpool, England (UK)

I have been working at Pizza Hut UK part-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

The team are what make it, I've moved stores but I'm still in contact with the other hutters and we meet up for drinks still. Getting on with everyone can make a long shift fly by.

Cons

some of they things we are told to do from head office are stupid, they have obviously never work on the floor before. the customers can be really rude but we still have to serve them, id get sacked if we didn't. the long hours can be a ball ache when you cant get your 20 min break because its really busy.

come work a couple of shifts on the floor and in the kitchen, talk the people who deal with the customers day in day out, you will be surprised what you will learn! and nobody wants a frozen glass with there milkshake the stainless steel beaker look far better on its own.

Ever since pizza hut franchise all it's stores the company want down hill due to very bad decisions. Not interested

Former Employee - Restaurant General Manager in Bexleyheath, England (UK)
    Former Employee - Restaurant General Manager in Bexleyheath, England (UK)

I worked at Pizza Hut UK full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

Before the company was franchised it was a very good company to work for with company values, personal growth and very good management

Cons

very good with company but Franchise very very bad

Not enough staff, not enough support from head office for more staff, over worked, burnt out, hardworking staff and mgmt

Former Employee - FOH in Manchester, England (UK)
    Former Employee - FOH in Manchester, England (UK)

I worked at Pizza Hut UK part-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Excellent staff relationships most of the time as we always had to help and support each other and consequently became close acquaintances. Managers are enthusiastic and supportive on shift. Shifts were flexible and I could sometimes choose the hours I could work when studying at University. Management always supported decisions which were made, especially those involving customer complaints i.e. 'Yes, the information you have been told is correct, you cannot expect to get a refund'.

Cons

No sick pay, unreliable hours (some weeks 30, some weeks 5) staff and managers under appreciated from head office. Working at the Trafford Centre store was sometimes a near death experience - stress from colleagues, managers and unsatisfied customers due to inefficiency to cope with high volume of customers. Sometimes desserts/milkshakes/coffees slow down progress on shift and resultantly leaves staff 'going under' i.e. trying to make complicated deserts when food is on hatch, customer wants to pay, people need refills etc. Hardly ever finished my shift on time and always stayed on late to help when it was busy because I couldn't leave other team members in such despair. Was often asked if I could go without a break on shifts which were 6 or 7 hours long. Do not get chance to talk to managers about these issues as they were unavailable or simply too busy.

Allow each staff member the opportunity of some protected time to talk to you. A lot of staff members will experience difficulties in their own life which may impact on their performance at work and this was never picked up on. If this is managed properly it can mean that managers are more aware when they can and can't 'lean on staff'. For example, somebody who has a lot of university work will be reluctant to stay on shift and help out or pick up extra shifts during the week so don't put pressure on them to do extra hours. On the other hand somebody may be the only person providing financially for their family and may want to pick up a lot of hours so see if you can help them with this. Also recognise that people who are working 50 or 60 hours a week are being appreciated and supported for doing so because they will burn out and potentially have to take time off work because they have become unwell. Pressure from Head Office makes life difficult for the 'front line workers' sometimes. An example would be when a member of Head Office visited our restaurant and after I had worked a 40 hour week already I was feeling exhausted but was picked up on 'not sweeping under a table'. How do you think that made me feel… I wasn't appreciated for any of the good things I had done that shift but was picked up on the one thing I had missed - an inappropriate way to treat the people who are very important to the company.

Student friendly job, Hard working.

Current Employee - Restaurant General Manager in Southampton, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Restaurant General Manager in Southampton, England (UK)

I have been working at Pizza Hut UK full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

We have a great fun and the great team.

Cons

You have to be a hard worker especially in bigger restaurants, very busy and never enough staff which can be hard.