Pizza Ranch
pizzaranch.com 16 to 50 Employees

Pizza Ranch Reviews

Updated May 30, 2014

Great Place to Work!

Front of House (Former Employee)
    Fargo, ND

ProsThe managers are understanding and friendly. There are regulars that like to visit and if you remember what their special orders are they will give you a tip. It is a fast-paced environment when it is busy, and when it is slow, you are in charge of finding things to do like restocking and cleaning to keep busy. Always be honest with the managers about what is going on and they will respect you and help you out if you need it.

ConsIt can be very demanding at times and requires you to be on your feet all day. There is a lot of running around and trying to help out customers. It can be difficult to get time off that you need and sometimes promotions and raises aren't readily available to those who work really hard.

Working is stressful and almost no one there represents the Christian value (At least where I work)

Dishwasher (Current Employee)
    Omaha, NE

ProsBuffet Discount- I enjoy eating here when I work because I only have to pay $3.00.

ConsConstant swearing and vulgar talk- Every time I go to work, my fellow employees are always dropping f bombs and all sorts of other swears that I have to listen to until I get off work. They also refer to woman in the most inappropriate terms (Example: Sl*t, b**tch, etc) and nothing is done to correct this behavior. The pizza ranch where i work is completely void of anything Christian about it; well, I'll take that back because you can listen to Christian music while you are eating, but that's where the "Christian" aspect of it ends. I really want to keep working here, but I'm not sure how much longer I can last.

Advice to Senior ManagementTake a time to get to know your employees please before you hire them and if they are doing things that are very offensive and vulgar, then please get rid of them. If you want Pizza Ranch to remain a Christian environment, then please take a closer look at who you hire and if they are very foul mouth and disrespect woman, then you should fire them because they do not represent what this restaurant is suppose to stand for.

An ok place to work

Crew Leader (Current Employee)

ProsFree(or discounted) meals, If you like working with customers you'll enjoy this place. The employees you work with make all the difference in the world.

ConsIf it's just a part time gig it can be great, but if you're looking for something closer to full time look elsewhere. The pay is probabl average for a restaurant, but it depends on the owner themself.

• We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Good high school job

ProsNot a hard job. Good (free) food on breaks. You can request pretty much any day off and it's not a problem. Can have a lot of hours if you want them. Approachable managers. How much you work really depends on how much you want to work since there are so many employees. Uniform is pretty lenient... You can wear jeans or capris depending on the weather or your preference... The top is just a t-shirt that they give you, so you don't have to go out and buy a new work wardrobe.

ConsYou never really know when you're going to be done unless it's slow. Delivery drivers have to use their own car, which turns a lot of people away if they don't have a car. 95% people start out by washing dishes for at least their first year which makes it hard to switch people around when someone doesn't show up, and usually these people on dish end up quitting because they are sick of only doing dishes. It can get very exhausting performing at full speed for 3+ hours, especially on weekends if you work all 4 shifts. Every store is different... Some have ice cream and delivery cars, some have every dessert pizza out all the time. None of the ovens or equipment get the upgrades they need even if it doesn't work a majority of the time. There are a lot of coupons/deals/up sells which are hard to remember. You have to do training every month on the computer which is hard to remember, and there is little motivation to do it because there are never consequences for not doing it or rewards for doing it. Be prepared to smell awful. The washing machine can't take the smell out of your clothes.

Advice to Senior ManagementProvide more training for managers and employees... A lot of people are never trained in when they are hired because they start off by washing dishes and are clueless when they are put on front or pizza.

Mostly a good experience at Pizza Ranch

Rapid City, SD

ProsAt a time when I thought of myself as un-hireable, they took a chance with me. The managers are patient and always willing to help when I don't quite know how to proceed. The other workers are friendly. On days that I work, I can get the buffet for only$1.00!

ConsI have two concerns: 1) Although I am scheduled for 20+ hours each week, I am asked to go home early EVERY time that I work; 2) I applied to be a delivery driver, and I was hired as such, but I work as a cashier. Theses two things make me wonder if I am redundant as an employee.

It is an extremely fast paced environment.

Back of House (Current Employee)
    Creston, IA

ProsMy fellow co-workers are very supportive and cooperate with each other as a good team should.

ConsIt is a four hour adrenaline rush.

Part-time kitchen help

Kitchen Staff (Former Employee)
    Rock Rapids, IA

ProsGood, fun, friendly environment. Great upper management.

ConsHaving to work nights and weekends constantly.

Great organization to work for.

Guest Services Manager (Current Employee)

ProsGreat food. Great customers. Love working for a Christian organization.

ConsToo much emphasis on customer surveys and interrupting customers while they are eating.

Advice to Senior ManagementDevelop relationships at all costs and care for your employees. Treat them with respect and they will work harder for you.

Litchfield store is a stressful and negative environment.

Crew (Former Employee)
    Litchfield, MN

ProsThey allow the employees to eat off the buffet during breaks. Employees chse where to work that day on a 1st come, 1st serve basis, so it's good to be a swing shift worker. The job is easy to learn when I did the same thing for weeks on end, so I knew my job really well. The guests were almost always friendly.

ConsThere is a lot of stuff broken here. When a guest stepped on the buffet cord, it started smoking. The manager just said let it be & it's stop. When a guest complained about the fan falling out of the cieling in the men's bathroom, the management told me it's been that way for a while. And now the counter screen is flashing constantly. Plus, it's easy to trip here on the steps.
       The employees are mostly high schoolers. They talk bad about other employees, gossip about other kids at school, and check their phones while at work. Guests have complained about it, but nothing is done.

Advice to Senior ManagementPlease fix your work environment "issues".

Good Company

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsFaith based, good bonuses and compensation

ConsAll stores for the most part are independently owned and operated. This can be very bad if the owners are not very personnel minded as was in mine situation

Advice to Senior ManagementAdhere more to the Vision and Mission

Worked for Pizza Ranch? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Pizza Ranch reviews and ratings. All 16 reviews posted anonymously by Pizza Ranch employees.