Pizza Ranch Reviews

CEO

Great Place to Work!

Former Employee - Employee in Monticello, MN
    Former Employee - Employee in Monticello, MN

I worked at Pizza Ranch part-time (more than an year)

Pros

I loved working here, because there are so many parts to it. One day you could be the cashier, another the delivery driver, busser, or pizza maker. There was a lot of variety.
    You can also get free or discounted meals.

Cons

It is very hard to get a raise here, I worked hard here for over a year and it was very difficult to get even .25 over minimum wage.
    The hours are also not very good, one shift is only about 4 hours.

I worked at the Monticello, MN Pizza Ranch. My biggest problem, as well as the reason I resigned, was closing. I personally did not mind closing my section. My problem was that after I had already closed and cleaned my section, I had to help the other employees that had been messing around and very slowly doing their section. Each persons section should be their section and that's it.

I felt like a greasy, caged animal.

Former Employee - Cashier in Kansas City, MO
    Former Employee - Cashier in Kansas City, MO

I worked at Pizza Ranch part-time (less than an year)

Pros

Only work here if you are fresh out of jail and can't find another job. Management tries to do what's right, but they're too focused on money to realize they're actually losing it.

Cons

Hardly any hours. You stand in one place for about 4 hours. Rude, unhealthy customers. Unhelpful management.

Worked at Pizza Ranch for 6 years. Started as a first job for me in high school and ended as a manager in college.

Current Employee - Assistant Manager
    Current Employee - Assistant Manager

I have been working at Pizza Ranch full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Good people, simple job, easy to get hours, flexible scheduling.

Cons

Constant turnover, working with spoiled high school students.

Lose religious affiliation.

Owners are wonderful!!!

Current Employee - Front of House in Boone, IA
    Current Employee - Front of House in Boone, IA

I have been working at Pizza Ranch full-time (more than an year)

Pros

the owners really care about their employees

Cons

working with youth who are inexperienced

better training

Great Place to Work!

Former Employee - Front of House in Fargo, ND
    Former Employee - Front of House in Fargo, ND

I worked at Pizza Ranch full-time (less than an year)

Pros

The managers are understanding and friendly. There are regulars that like to visit and if you remember what their special orders are they will give you a tip. It is a fast-paced environment when it is busy, and when it is slow, you are in charge of finding things to do like restocking and cleaning to keep busy. Always be honest with the managers about what is going on and they will respect you and help you out if you need it.

Cons

It can be very demanding at times and requires you to be on your feet all day. There is a lot of running around and trying to help out customers. It can be difficult to get time off that you need and sometimes promotions and raises aren't readily available to those who work really hard.

Working is stressful and almost no one there represents the Christian value (At least where I work)

Current Employee - Dishwasher in Omaha, NE
    Current Employee - Dishwasher in Omaha, NE

I have been working at Pizza Ranch part-time (less than an year)

Pros

Buffet Discount- I enjoy eating here when I work because I only have to pay $3.00.

Cons

Constant swearing and vulgar talk- Every time I go to work, my fellow employees are always dropping f bombs and all sorts of other swears that I have to listen to until I get off work. They also refer to woman in the most inappropriate terms (Example: Sl*t, b**tch, etc) and nothing is done to correct this behavior. The pizza ranch where i work is completely void of anything Christian about it; well, I'll take that back because you can listen to Christian music while you are eating, but that's where the "Christian" aspect of it ends. I really want to keep working here, but I'm not sure how much longer I can last.

Take a time to get to know your employees please before you hire them and if they are doing things that are very offensive and vulgar, then please get rid of them. If you want Pizza Ranch to remain a Christian environment, then please take a closer look at who you hire and if they are very foul mouth and disrespect woman, then you should fire them because they do not represent what this restaurant is suppose to stand for.

An ok place to work

Current Employee - Crew Leader
    Current Employee - Crew Leader

I have been working at Pizza Ranch full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Free(or discounted) meals, If you like working with customers you'll enjoy this place. The employees you work with make all the difference in the world.

Cons

If it's just a part time gig it can be great, but if you're looking for something closer to full time look elsewhere. The pay is probabl average for a restaurant, but it depends on the owner themself.

Good high school job

I have been working at Pizza Ranch

Pros

Not a hard job. Good (free) food on breaks. You can request pretty much any day off and it's not a problem. Can have a lot of hours if you want them. Approachable managers. How much you work really depends on how much you want to work since there are so many employees. Uniform is pretty lenient... You can wear jeans or capris depending on the weather or your preference... The top is just a t-shirt that they give you, so you don't have to go out and buy a new work wardrobe.

Cons

You never really know when you're going to be done unless it's slow. Delivery drivers have to use their own car, which turns a lot of people away if they don't have a car. 95% people start out by washing dishes for at least their first year which makes it hard to switch people around when someone doesn't show up, and usually these people on dish end up quitting because they are sick of only doing dishes. It can get very exhausting performing at full speed for 3+ hours, especially on weekends if you work all 4 shifts. Every store is different... Some have ice cream and delivery cars, some have every dessert pizza out all the time. None of the ovens or equipment get the upgrades they need even if it doesn't work a majority of the time. There are a lot of coupons/deals/up sells which are hard to remember. You have to do training every month on the computer which is hard to remember, and there is little motivation to do it because there are never consequences for not doing it or rewards for doing it. Be prepared to smell awful. The washing machine can't take the smell out of your clothes.

Provide more training for managers and employees... A lot of people are never trained in when they are hired because they start off by washing dishes and are clueless when they are put on front or pizza.

Mostly a good experience at Pizza Ranch

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Rapid City, SD
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Rapid City, SD

I have been working at Pizza Ranch part-time (less than an year)

Pros

At a time when I thought of myself as un-hireable, they took a chance with me. The managers are patient and always willing to help when I don't quite know how to proceed. The other workers are friendly. On days that I work, I can get the buffet for only$1.00!

Cons

I have two concerns: 1) Although I am scheduled for 20+ hours each week, I am asked to go home early EVERY time that I work; 2) I applied to be a delivery driver, and I was hired as such, but I work as a cashier. Theses two things make me wonder if I am redundant as an employee.

It is an extremely fast paced environment.

Current Employee - Back of House in Creston, IA
    Current Employee - Back of House in Creston, IA

I have been working at Pizza Ranch part-time (less than an year)

Pros

My fellow co-workers are very supportive and cooperate with each other as a good team should.

Cons

It is a four hour adrenaline rush.

Pizza Ranch Photos