Plains All American Pipeline
www.plainsallamerican.com Houston, TX 1000 to 5000 Employees

Plains All American Pipeline Reviews

Updated Jun 24, 2014
Plains All American Pipeline – US – “KBR Headquarters - Downtown Houston”

Plains All American Pipeline Chairman and CEO Greg L. Armstrong

Greg L. Armstrong

District Manager lied about compensation; new management will not hold up the bargain.

Oil Driver (Current Employee)
    Enid, OK

ProsAbove-average benefits. Less-than-average micromanagement. Some PPE reimbursed.

ConsLike others said, lower pay than the competition. The benefits are good but you cannot eat them! Keeping the job here until I find an hourly replacement. The local competition pays 30% more. The company is buying up lots of capital assets but they are CUTTING driver income! Perhaps they think training expenses and lost productivity are preferable to keeping good drivers...

Advice to Senior ManagementThey're not listening, so what is the point? This is NOT a good attitude to ignore in your employees driving 80,000 pounds on public roads...

Non Competitive Pay Has Employees Looking Elsewhere

Pipeline Controller (Current Employee)
    Midland, TX

ProsLots of time off. Somewhat relaxed working environment.

ConsThe pay is NOT competitive with industry standards regardless of what the management would lead you to believe. The relaxed environment is becoming less and less relaxed.

Advice to Senior ManagementThe employees in the control room haven't been happy for a while with the new schedule, raises, and bonuses. The

Growing Company

(Former Employee)
    Houston, TX

Pros6% 401k match and good health insurance. Plains commercial group is one of the best around. Operations personel are outstanding professionals.

ConsMarketing Department has much better compensation and bonus structure than the rest of the company. This happens to be the reason that 6 out of 13 VP's have managed to get their children positions in the marketing/trading department creating issues in itself. Management is saturated with OU and TX A&M grads. When tenured professionals submit thier 2 weeks notice, they are sent home on the spot. Total compensation packages are on the low end of the industry average.

Advice to Senior ManagementFocus on what worked when the company was small.

• We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

"Waste of great talent"

Operations Coordinator (Current Employee)
    Long Beach, CA

ProsIf you are not concerned with career opprtinites and money is the only thing that matters to you then Plains is the place for you. Plains purchased our comapny and quickly threw money at us to move to Texas. There were many openings were some of us could have filled and stayed in California. Instead they hired people from the outside filling those vacancies clearly knownig that 95% of us did not want to leave. Many good people left and others went to Texas with the intention to come back. When Plains would find out you were trying to come back they would throw more money at you. When you rip families apart money is not the answer.

Consbad management and no career opportunities

Advice to Senior Managementlook at talent first before looking at frindships

Good place to work, but still under paid according to industry standard.

Pipeline Controller (Current Employee)
    Midland, TX

ProsPay is ok, get to work inside away from the elements , some what of a relaxed environment but even that is beginning to change.

ConsWhere do I start? The pay is not up to industry standards even though management wants you to feel like you should be grateful you even get a paycheck. The competition has a way better benefits package with some still offering pensions. Other companies have their control center located closer to a bigger city with more things to do whereas the Plains control center is located in Midland Texas. Nothing to do, and one of the most expensive places to live with subpar pay!!!

Advice to Senior ManagementBump up the pay to compete with the competition!!! Increase benefits to compete with the competition! !!! Remember that the Permian Basin is one of the highest cost of living areas in Texas. Why stay in Midland with nothing to do, get less pay with less benefits in a high cost of living town when a person go go to Dallas, San Antonio, or Houston and get better pay, better benefits and all with a lower cost of living. Think people think! !

for the most part it has been good over all .work by myself and take care of my area easy enough.

Pipeline Operator (Current Employee)
    San Antonio, TX

Proswork by myself and if I need help with a problem help is a phone call away.

Conspay is not up to industry standards. yearly pay raises are very small. you are expected to be on call 24 hours a day 7 days a week with 0 compensation . and if you do venture out one hour past your area and get a call out its not a fun explanation to give your supervisor.

managements weekend usually starts at noon on Friday and if you need help on a big problem good luck. and if you do get a hold of a supervisor there not to pleasant to speak to on the phone,

Advice to Senior Managementgive field personel a decent raise and compensation for being on call 24 -7. ease up on all the nepitism

A very good company to work for.

Supervisor (Current Employee)
    Houston, TX

ProsGood pay. Good benifits such as vacation , health insurance and holiday pay. Good boss and coworkers. Work schedule good but could be better.

ConsMarketing needs to get with the program. I believe they are not trying very hard to keep customers.

Advice to Senior ManagementGet marketing to do a better job.

Good compensation, average management

Analyst (Former Employee)
    Calgary, AB (Canada)

ProsCompensation is good, people are generally nice and there's room for growth.

ConsA bit of cowboy mentality so have to fit in that mold to progress.

Decent Company

Pipeline Operator (Current Employee)

ProsFreedom, Flexibility, bonuses and great benefits.

ConsALWAYS shorthanded, CHEAP as all get out when it comes to getting proper equipment, 0% performance feedback and EXTREMELY OVERWORKED middle management making it next to impossible to get anything done which requires their help.

Advice to Senior ManagementHIRE some freaking help and quit running the field hands into the ground.

– I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company

Lower pay scale but benefits are good

Operator (Current Employee)
    Baton Rouge, LA

ProsGood benefits with health and 401K matching but no retirement

ConsLow pay scale for this type of work

Advice to Senior ManagementGOOD jobs

Worked for Plains All American Pipeline? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Plains All American Pipeline reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Plains All American Pipeline CEO Greg L. Armstrong. All 24 reviews posted anonymously by Plains All American Pipeline employees.