Plan4Demand Solutions Inc

P4D is a Great Firm with a lot of Exciting Opportunities to Advance your Career

Former Employee - Senior Consultant in Pittsburgh, PA
    Former Employee - Senior Consultant in Pittsburgh, PA

I worked at Plan4Demand Solutions Inc

Pros

I learned and grew a lot in my 5 years with Plan4Demand, I found the 'me' I didn`t know about through my time with company. The company and everyone in it are on the ball, employees there are smart and motivated, and very quick to help each other. The work is interesting and everyone takes pride in a job well done. The on boarding experience is very well done and it's a seamless transition from new hire to confident employee. If you want to advance your career, the steps are in place for you to do that. There are many opportunities to learn at P4D, between client engagements and internal advances. The salary and benefits packages were extremely competitive and there were many formal and informal training opportunities for all employees. I recently just started a family so have taken time off from the “working world”, but I know in a few years when I’m ready to head back to work, the door for me at P4D will be wide open.

Cons

There is a perception that workload is very high in many areas of P4D – this is true to an extent because at P4D all employees wear many hats. However, the rewards are tangible for diligent workers.

Stay as motivated and driven as you have been and P4D will continue to succeed!

No direction and lack in vision

Former Employee - Senior Consultant in Dallas, TX
    Former Employee - Senior Consultant in Dallas, TX

I worked at Plan4Demand Solutions Inc full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Good learning experience, some good mentors that drive business solutions. Competitive salaries

Cons

Small company, work load is too heavy. expectations are that the consultant be an architect...really? Then hire Architects rather than consultants. Constant change in the direction. Most of the employees left. Very less revenue and operating income, you never know its your turn to leave..!

Treat employees as an asset, Stop placing candidates in positions that are not meant for them

Sinking Ship

Former Employee - Sales in Pittsburgh, PA
    Former Employee - Sales in Pittsburgh, PA

I worked at Plan4Demand Solutions Inc

Pros

Very few if any. Some great co workers

Cons

Very tough work environment.

The toughest part is that the company is always changing. The management team cannot decide on a clear direction for the organization. The middle level management doesn't exist and sales team is a revolving cast. High turnover and burn out within the corporate office due to the lack of direction and indecisiveness from management.

The biggest issue internally is that there is always a lack of middle management. Very flat organization due to a very controlling leader. Lisa rules with an Iron Fist which would be fine if she knew what she was doing but she doesn't. Whenever someone challenges her she eventually feels threatened and cuts them from the company.

There was a point where if Lisa would have allowed her managers to manage they may have succeeded but that point is long gone. Bad economy and poor management has shot this company in the leg and they have been bleeding to death for two years. They will be gone very soon and I would not feel comfortable recommending they work there unless they do not care about job security.

Remove Lisa and put someone else in charge

Circling the drain?

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Pittsburgh, PA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Pittsburgh, PA

I have been working at Plan4Demand Solutions Inc

Pros

There are individuals who are extraordinary leaders and people managers. Sometimes those people are able to help an individual make leaps and bounds professionally.

Cons

The CEO. She is in over her head, is indecisive, lacks consistency and quite simply has no real credibility with supply chain practitioners.
    The "Sales organization" is a nepotistic mess. They do a great deal of damage and hold the firm back a great deal by aiming low and forcing themselves into decisions they should not be involved in.
    The commission structure fails to incentivize the delivery organization to sell. So the individuals with the most credibility with clients are not incented to expand services within the client. Unsustainable
    Little or no IP. There is not even any effort to capture performance results.
    In short, this is little more than a technology outsourcing body shop.
    Management talent that exposes the CEO's faults does not last.

Quit while you can still get unemployment benefits

Past Employee

I worked at Plan4Demand Solutions Inc

Pros

I have said, P4D was my break in life. I was very lucky to work for an organization that allowed me to both learn all aspects of the business and also change career direction from sales to operations. Bottom line is most companies would not do that in this economy. Lisa both supported and invested in me. My experience was minimal, but she had faith in me that I could do the job… and for that I am forever grateful.

Also, the passion and devotion of this team is rare in today’s world. Never before (and I doubt ever again) will I have the fortunate opportunity to work with such a group of committed and talented people. It is these people who will drive this company to succeed and grow.

While I am no longer with the organization as a full time employee, I will forever support, promote and be grateful for my experience at P4D.

Cons

As a smaller organziation in the market, the job is not easy. Working hard it part of the culture.

Capitalize more on the employees network and referals.

Small Changes Could Make This a GREAT Place

Former Employee - Business Development
    Former Employee - Business Development

I worked at Plan4Demand Solutions Inc

Pros

My Managers in Business Development were very very good. They are still the best managers I have ever had. One in particular made it an exciting place to work with contests and rewards as well as an openess and general WANT to see you be successful. I agree with the other review too, the building and ammentaties are very nice.

Cons

Senior Management has a complete lack of communication and constant change in direction. Sr. mgmt has created a culture that breads distrust. Why change a business model and employees if the model is working? There was a scenario when I needed advice about a serious life change and was given a promise that was not kept. This appears to be common place.

Let middle management manage. Stop changing direction like the wind. Get back to the basics.