www.planetbeach.com

Updated December 3, 2014
Updated December 3, 2014
3.4

Stephen P. Smith

Working at Planet Beach for over 5 months.

Current Employee - SPA Consultant in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - SPA Consultant in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Planet Beach part-time (less than an year)

Pros

Hours are flexible. You have room for commission. You can use all the services for free. Interview process is very straightforward (tell me about yourself, what is your experience, what is your availability, have you worked with any other tanning facilities previously) and some behavioral questions (how would you settle issues/problems with fellow employees).

Cons

Equipment tends to be messed up pretty frequently, so you have to deal with customer complaints and dissatisfaction. Management makes promises of fixing a machine, buying more products, coming by to grab excess junk in the back, fixing an account or your hours, etc. but it never gets done. You have to keep checking in to make sure they remember something needs to be done, but it still never gets done or gets done 3 months later. Can be very frustrating. The commission is very low. Employees should receive more compensation for the memberships they sell.

Please do things when you say you will do them. If the printer is broken, get it fixed in a reasonable period of time. If you say you will fix a machine, then fix it instead of telling the employees every weekend that it will be fixed and then not doing it. Do more advertising, and stop relying on only your current members for referrals.

Current Employee - SPA Director
    Current Employee - SPA Director

I have been working at Planet Beach part-time (more than an year)

Pros

Fun place to work. Love the services

Cons

A lot of sales goals

Have good owners

roller coaster that breaks down on you

Former Employee - SPA Director
    Former Employee - SPA Director

I worked at Planet Beach full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Great concept, services, and products for great clients. You really do see results when you follow the correct steps. I loved my home spa and the people I worked with.

Cons

Love the concept but when you get to know the corporate office and staff you realize it is such a mess. The company would do well if it were bought out by someone who was actually capable of running a franchise.

Make sure you pay attention to constantly training and educating your staff on every aspect of the sales process and products/ services or else it will just be another tanning salon.

Nightmare

Former Employee - SPA Consultant/Sales in Goodyear, AZ
    Former Employee - SPA Consultant/Sales in Goodyear, AZ

I worked at Planet Beach part-time (less than an year)

Pros

Free membership, discount, location accessible,

Cons

The first week I started I frequently overheard the manager, and assistant manager talking negatively about an ex employee. Employees are calling other employees foul names. The manager would openly talk to customers about this even to the business owners next door. everyone knew who and what was said. That should of been my first clue to run! But I didn't have another offer so I was "stuck" until I found a replacement. The spray tan room doesn't get cleaned so the rugs are wet 24/7 the Machine smells like mold. I was left alone every Wednesday during the middle of the day for 2-3 hrs at a time sometimes 4 hrs. When I took a paid 15 min break I was fired for being gone 5 extra minuets and not getting permission from the manager who wasn't working. I was given a very hard time about having to take off a week for a personal medical emergency and wasn't allowed to "take it easy" even with the dr note. I had to do extra work upon my return. They then hired back the employee that was name calling. By this time I already found a new job but continue to hear complaints from the other employees. I would never return or recommend goodyear or Glendale location for employment.

Get New management.

Unrealistic expectations

I have been working at Planet Beach full-time (more than an year)

Pros

You get to do Free services
    Extremely discounted products
    If you can sell extremely high price pointed products, you can earn a decent paycheck.

Cons

Unrealistic sales goals, far too much responsibility for minimum wage base pay, prospecting by going up to random people telling them they get a free spa day but not telling them they have to buy products until they arrive at their appointment, selling low quality goods for an astronomical price point to everyday middle class people, etc

If you expect your low paid employees to do as much stuff as you make them do, start paying them better. No one can complete everything you want done, help people into their services, find new people to join, call a million random numbers to come in for a "free" spa day, and everything to be cleaned spotless for 8.25 an hour and finish all of those things for every shift

Room for growth for those who want to put in the work

I have been working at Planet Beach full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Sales environment which means you can make as much or as little as you want. Bad employees don't affect your paycheck.

Cons

Slow season means the paycheck drops. Thank god for retail sales.

I like when they take our feedback. I wish they did it more. Or announced more when they take it.

Amazing Company, Great Culture & Exponential Room For Growth

I have been working at Planet Beach full-time

Pros

I enjoy everything about working for Planet Beach World Headquarters. The open door policy is great and there is tons of room for growth. The freedom to share your opinions when it comes to major decisions and projects and actually see that your opinions make a difference, means a lot. Working for a company that is founded on health and beauty is a perfect fit for me, especially when they allow us to workout in our own company gym as much as we please. The upper management team inspire me by their continuous desire to provide the best guidance for us all in the Planet Beach community. The Franchisee's that I deal with on a daily basis, are extremely determined to satisfy every need of their members. Last, but not least, my coworkers are some of the most enjoyable people to be around. We all get along great; we are one big happy family!

Cons

Although, there are lots of things I love about my job, I do dislike that we are not fortunate enough to have our own, personal parking spots.

I would just like to say thank you.

Great!

I worked at Planet Beach part-time (less than an year)

Pros

Easy, great customers, fun! Loved the environment. Enjoyed the products planet beach had for sale. Liked making people feel good/better about themselves!

Cons

Sometimes there wasn't a lot of stuff going on, so sometimes it was pretty slow. Spray tans were kind of annoying since you kind of had to do them perfect for the customer.

"Great Company Culture"

I have been working at Planet Beach full-time (more than an year)

Pros

The company culture is fun and family-like. There is tons of room for professional growth. I love the open door policy with all of upper management and the willingness to listen to new ideas from ANY employee.

Cons

The only downside for me was the lack of training and size of the department. However that is quickly changing for the better!

This company rocks!!!

I have been working at Planet Beach full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

Awesome company to work for. Very innovative and always evolving. Great concept.

There is a great team of people to work with in a fun, dynamic, fast-paced environment. There are great benefits including a gym at the office. If you are willing to work hard, and rise to the challenge each and everyday, you can really do well here.

Cons

The traffic can be an issue if traveling from the east bank to the west bank. But it is such a great place to work, it is worth it.

Planet Beach Photos