Planet Beach
www.planetbeach.com Marrero, LA 16 to 50 Employees

Planet Beach Reviews

Updated Mar 24, 2014

Stephen P. Smith

Every job has its quirks, but I've never had more fun!

Marketing (Current Employee)
Marrero, LA

I have been working at Planet Beach full-time for less than a year

ProsEveryone gets along and works well as a team. From top executives to the staff. The work is always fast paced and exciting. Constantly busy and there are so many great perks! Fair compensation for the work being accomplished.

ConsSince things are so fast paced, sometimes your schedules change unexpectedly. However, you can expect that with any corporate company.

Advice to Senior ManagementTry to organize things a little better, other than that you guys are great!

Great company, great people, most exciting concept I've ever worked on!

Director (Current Employee)

I have been working at Planet Beach full-time for more than 8 years

ProsInnovative concept with a great group of individuals that are passionate about the health and wellness industry! The company gave me multiple advancement opportunities that helped me excel in my role. More than a job, it's a lifestyle that I live and breathe! I've learned tons from fellow executives and proud of my place with the company!

ConsConstant change and evolution but that is what is needed to stay ahead of the curve and maintain the status of an industry leader.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep innovating and listen to what franchisees and customers want!

Forward thinking and generous

Marketing Manager (Current Employee)

I have been working at Planet Beach full-time for less than a year

ProsThe staff is extremely focused and capable. Always looking for ways to move the company forward without sacrificing anything to the customers, employees or franchisees.

ConsI think the biggest challenge is getting people to understand that the company is not a tanning salon but a spa. Yes, they started out as UV tanning but that is a minor aspect now. The other challenge is out of their control and it deals with the constant changes to the laws and such surrounding the industry.

Advice to Senior ManagementContinue to promote your innovativeness and force all locations to re-brand to the new look and feel. It rocks and needs to be out for all the world to see. I also think that there is a huge wealth of knowledge out in the trenches that could be tapped more to get best practices, etc.

It takes a great deal of work and the company does not market themselves well at all.

SPA Director (Former Employee)
Baton Rouge, LA

I worked at Planet Beach full-time for more than 8 years

ProsIt is a flexible atmosphere and the employees are able to enjoy the services they sell.

ConsToo much responsibility for the pay.

Advice to Senior ManagementYou need to be incredible organized and a numbers person.

A complete reflection of the CEO - a mess.

I worked at Planet Beach full-time

ProsOther than some of the people you will meet, there is nothing spectacular about working for Planet Beach.

ConsThe corporate office only consists of 20 people and everyone is overworked and under paid. Except the maybe 5 puppets that are only making money bc they know too much at this point. The company has no money and the checks will bounce or get held even when they only get paid once a month. The CEO has no problem spending thousands of dollars on the "cover model contest" but can't pay his own bills. You can't trust anyone there, half of the employees would sell their mother if it meant a dollar. They trick people into thinking they have this great concept, when in reality most franchises struggle to even keep their doors open. The franchises are all ran like crap because the corporate office has no idea what they are doing. It makes sense since no one works there for longer than a year ever! No one with a soul will ever make it in that company because you will get lost in the deception and lies. If you want to work in a shady, unethical, struggling company then this is for you. My guess is they will go bankrupt in the next 3 years. Every other review on here is dead on. In fact everything you read online about Planet Beach is true. Sad.

Advice to Senior ManagementAnyone in management there already knows what the problem is. And if you don't, then you are probably part of it.

Flag Review

Planet Beach HR Coordinator responded to this review

Mar 26, 2014

Our CEO is an entrepreneur; a visionary and a businessman that has successfully created an industry based on his passion for innovation and health and wellness.

Over the last 3 years, Planet ... More

Smoke and mirrors

Marrero, LA

I worked at Planet Beach full-time for more than 3 years

ProsThe franchisees were the best reason for going in every day. They believed what they were buying and for the most part really invested in the business.

ConsToo many to list, but in a nutshell, the top execs are egotistical, manipulative, unethical and money hungry.

Advice to Senior ManagementYou are all too old to party every night and expect your employees to respect you. It's too late to do anything to save the business, and opening a gym franchise is just going to be another sunken ship.

Fun

I worked at Planet Beach

ProsManagement is nice and work around schedules when possible. We also get to use equipment for free- awesome perk.

ConsSome lazy employees can really screw things up for the rest of the staff. Some managers are young and inexperienced.

Dead End career

Manager (Former Employee)

I worked at Planet Beach full-time for more than 3 years

ProsCan be a fun enviroment (sometimes) , good product to sell

ConsHorrible pay, there is no real room for advancement, no benefits, a pay structure based off of impossible goals... too much to even list!

overworked but fun environment

SPA Director (Former Employee)
Baton Rouge, LA

I worked at Planet Beach

Prosfree tanning, sales experience gained, knowledge about skin care industry, meet lots of new people and get the chance to do promotions

Conspay is very low and commission is good when you sell e f t packages or memberships for managers alot of pressure is put on

Advice to Senior Managementits a franchise so the owner and planet beach usually have alot of different views on how their business should be ran planet beach corporate is very strict

Gave me an incredible opportunity to grow in knowledge and experience.

Nampa, ID

I have been working at Planet Beach

Pros*complimentary use of the services *bond that forms with the clients *satisfaction of serving others

Cons*understaffed *underpaid *broken equipment *lack of product

Advice to Senior ManagementReccommend hands on time working in your own spa to better understand the needs of your clients and employees.

Worked for Planet Beach? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Planet Beach reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Planet Beach CEO Stephen P. Smith. All 18 reviews posted anonymously by Planet Beach employees.