Planet Bingo Reviews

2.6
CEO

1. The desert disgusts me

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Rancho Mirage, CA

I worked at Planet Bingo full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great benefits. I did not realize how good the benefit is until I left there.

Cons

Heat. I dislike the general area.

2. Lots of opportunities for growth and expansion

Former Employee - Network Administrator in Rancho Mirage, CA
    Former Employee - Network Administrator in Rancho Mirage, CA

I worked at Planet Bingo full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Good environment, top of the line equipment. Both the dev team and hardware team are excellent managers. Only mild bickering internally and no real political obstacles to overcome.

Cons

Some employees fear that working with others forfeits some of their job security or intellectual property. They may work to undermine solutions to various issues because they are afraid of what others might uncover. Just show them that you are a team player and give them all the credit.

Advice to Management

Try not to jump to conclusions when issues arise, and please don't scream in the face of your employees. It might scare some but the bulletproof employees will just ignore everything you say.

Don't be fooled by disgruntled ex-employees leaving negative reviews

I have been working at Planet Bingo full-time

Pros

One of the best companies I've worked for. Regardless of the three negative reviews by ex disgruntled employees, there are a lot of very happy people working here. Compensation and benefits are right in line with even big tech firms in Silicon Valley (without the high cost of living). The company is successful and on top of its game within its sector which says a lot.

Cons

We're in gaming and like all gaming companies all over the world, we're in a competitive industry which requires sprints to deliver product. There's nothing abnormal here.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing. The company is on top of its game in the industry.

5. Great company

I have been working at Planet Bingo full-time

Pros

Great people and fun atmosphere

Cons

None yet but i am sure something wil arise

Do not work here. I do not wish that upon anyone. You will regret it.

I worked at Planet Bingo full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Some employee's make it a decent work environment, until the owner blasts through the office and brings the entire group moral down.

Cons

Upper management. They don't treat their employee's like human beings. Favoritism and drama will always be a factor here, if the owner likes you or knows you outside of work, you are set! however... that's not usually the case. He has a horrible attitude and outlook on his employee's, so he will treat you like garbage and not think twice on his actions. The favoritism can be seen immediately, those employee's get away with murder basically, not completing work, just sitting around watching movies on their PC's, taking off for hours at a time, napping in their seats, it only gets worse from there, but those are some examples.

Advice to Management

Learn from your reviews, don't get defensive over them and try to fire back at "Disgruntled Employee's". You want good reviews? Earn them. Simple. Take action, treat your employee's like human beings for once, learn from your mistakes and fix them. Don't keep making people suffer and promising some type of utopia for a workplace, that is non-existent.

Place is a poison pit

I worked at Planet Bingo full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The first day I started. The company does pride itself on helping customers which I do admire. Some people truly work hard there.

Cons

Where to start. The review before mine was right on point. The head of the company has ran it into the ground. Management was allowed to do whatever they wanted which resulted in the company losing a lot of very valuable people. Management would walk around screaming obscenities and throwing items across rooms. They did things that would be fire able offenses at any other company. The head of the company turns a blind eye out of loyalty. The company doesn't care about the well being of its employees at all. I was never sat down to get a assessment of where I was at or what I wanted to do. The IT department had to answer their phone 24/7 with no extra pay. Almost everyone in the building was salary which allowed them to work you into the ground. Don't ask for time off for things like doctors appointments or health related reasons. You also had to go to jobs where you worked 48 hours straight because the installs were so unorganized. This place also underpays their employees. The amount of work and effort put in and raises was the last thing they wanted to give you. The company also spent so much time trying to blame people. They watch your every move. Track your web surfing habits. You feel like you work in a prison. They spent so much time letting you know what you did wrong. I was never once told I did a good job or a thank you for going above and beyond just any type of positive reinforcement. No competitive pay. No vacation No sick time No 401k Paying more for your benefits No raises No reviews No advancement opportunity Benefits aren't good to begin with Hostile management Unrealistic expectations They will never pay you enough to endure the punishment. Basically overall this was one of the most unprofessional places I have ever worked at in my life. My advice for anybody thinking about considering working here would be to run not walk away from this place.

Advice to Management

Shut down the company.

Long hours and weekends

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Rancho Mirage, CA

Pros

Good benefits. You get 2 good options for health. Walk to food and movies. Starbucks is close to get good coffee.

Cons

Expected to work long hours and weekends or you will be looked down on. You only get coffee and water. Nothing extra or food for long hours you take care of it for yourself. In summer the air conditioner is high to save money but it is hot in the office and you need to get your own fan.

RSS Feed </> Embed