Planet Consulting

Updated September 10, 2014
3.5

Planet Consulting President & CEO Tom Nichting
Tom Nichting

Great environment to work in!

Current Employee - Senior Technical Recruiter  in  Omaha, NE
    Current Employee - Senior Technical Recruiter in Omaha, NE

I have been working at Planet Consulting full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

It is great to work for a company where everyone works hard and the company recognizes everyone for their hard work.

Cons

To be honest, I cannot think of any cons.

Keep up the good work!

Do not work for this company

Former Employee - Anonymous  in  La Vista, NE
    Former Employee - Anonymous in La Vista, NE

I worked at Planet Consulting full-time

Pros

The only positive thing is that if I need time off, I can take it. Beyond that, there is literally nothing worthwhile at this position.

Cons

- There are no promotions
    - There is no vacation, PTO, sick leave, holiday pay, or holidays off
    - The healthcare is extremely overpriced for ok coverage
    - Trying to discuss a raise or benefits (PTO and such) always leads to a brick wall

If you want to stop high turnover rate and upset workers, try giving them decent compensation.

Posffdditive

I worked at Planet Consulting as a contractor for more than a year

Pros

Account Managers were attentive to the experience of the consultants. They were very helpful and communicative during the process of finding a suitable contract. Would be agreeable to working with them again.

Cons

Account Managers tended to have a very laid back attitude - some people may consider this a pro.

Communicate options to consultants when the contract is nearing the end.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Really good opportunities at better than average wage

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Omaha, NE
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Omaha, NE

I have been working at Planet Consulting as a contractor for less than a year

Pros

Planet Group has been a great company to work for. When I was looking for work, they never stopped trying to match my skill sets with current openings and was able to establish a very good working relationship with several of the recruiters. They considered me for both full-time employee and contract work. Best of all, in somewhat of a down job market when others gave up on me they found me a great job.

Cons

It's hard for me to find many cons. While compensation is good healthcare benefits for me were quite high but it may be becoming more the norm

Great up and coming company

I have been working at Planet Consulting

Pros

Everyone is very friendly and the working culture is great. They provide fun games with food at the monthly meetings and numerous other lunch opportunities to help people relax and have some fun at work. I am also challenged everyday in the work I do as it's a fairly face paced environment. I also enjoy the flexibility I have in my job as I have two small children at home. Overall, Planet is a great company.

Cons

Planet has had a bumpy start, but it's very exciting to be a part of its current successes!

Planet Consulting Response

Apr 3, 2013Sr. Technical Recruiter

Thank you for taking time to provide your feedback.

Lacking Communication

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Omaha, NE
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Omaha, NE

I have been working at Planet Consulting

Pros

Could get you in the work place where you couldn't on your own with their connections and friendly easy on the eyes staff

Cons

When it comes to describing the jobs they want to match you wit the communication was lacking important details like company culture, hours of operations, job descriptions, requirements.
    Sadly most of the offers didn't really match my skills sets which means they were desperate to place people to meet numbers.

Offer more personal one on one services. Give people access to on line training or something that makes you stand out from the other 100 staffing agencies doing the same thing.

A great company to get started with

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Omaha, NE
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Omaha, NE

I worked at Planet Consulting

Pros

Planet has created a great environment for entry level IT staff to get their foot in the door and experience in companies that they might not otherwise be able to.

Cons

In the managed services contract I worked under, there was an artificial ceiling limiting the technicians' career growth. This may not be true of all contract arrangements or full-time positions with the company.

When I worked for Planet, there was very little support in developing individuals professionally (tuition reimbursement, etc.), so if changes have not already been made in that area, that would be a huge step forward.

"Fair wage, for a college student. Too much ceiling".

Current Employee - L1 Helpdesk Technician  in  Omaha, NE
    Current Employee - L1 Helpdesk Technician in Omaha, NE

I have been working at Planet Consulting

Pros

The managers are some of the best i've ever had, and the workplace environment has been wonderful. I wish the contract hadn't ended, however. I would have gladly worked here for the rest of my college times.

Cons

Contract ended. Little oppourtunity to grow. [More an affect of the client, than anything]. Worth far more than we are actually paid - but compared to other places in Omaha [West Corporation] in Entry-level positions: It's not so bad.

None

Good, small company if you like autonomy.

Current Employee - Technical Project Manager  in  Omaha, NE
    Current Employee - Technical Project Manager in Omaha, NE

I have been working at Planet Consulting

Pros

Planet has a very casual atmosphere. People are real, up-front and there is not a lot of candy-coating how they feel. It's not uncommon to hear a cuss word spring up from time to time. But it is NOT a negative environment at all. People are friendly and low stress. There is opportunity to serve different roles and change is constant. Being such a small company, there is little room for failure or stagnation. Conditions change in the market, in our customer mix, our corporate focus and everyone has to be able to adapt. To someone seeking a steady, controlled, organized environment, Planet would be a painful place to work. For someone who loves a constantly changing challenge, it's great.

Cons

Small, immature company. Sales oriented.

Communicate more company-wide. Foster employee morale and community more.

Planet Consulting Photos

Planet Logo

+ Add Photo

Worked for Planet Consulting? Contribute to the Community!