Planet Consulting

www.planetgroupinc.com

Planet Consulting Reviews

Planet Consulting – “Planet Logo”

Planet Consulting – “Planet Logo”

Planet Consulting President & CEO Tom Nichting

Tom Nichting

Great environment to work in!

Senior Technical Recruiter (Current Employee) Omaha, NE

ProsIt is great to work for a company where everyone works hard and the company recognizes everyone for their hard work.

ConsTo be honest, I cannot think of any cons.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep up the good work!

Posffdditive

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsAccount Managers were attentive to the experience of the consultants. They were very helpful and communicative during the process of finding a suitable contract. Would be agreeable to working with them again.

ConsAccount Managers tended to have a very laid back attitude - some people may consider this a pro.

Advice to Senior ManagementCommunicate options to consultants when the contract is nearing the end.

Really good opportunities at better than average wage

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Omaha, NE

ProsPlanet Group has been a great company to work for. When I was looking for work, they never stopped trying to match my skill sets with current openings and was able to establish a very good working relationship with several of the recruiters. They considered me for both full-time employee and contract work. Best of all, in somewhat of a down job market when others gave up on me they found me a great job.

ConsIt's hard for me to find many cons. While compensation is good healthcare benefits for me were quite high but it may be becoming more the norm

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Great up and coming company

ProsEveryone is very friendly and the working culture is great. They provide fun games with food at the monthly meetings and numerous other lunch opportunities to help people relax and have some fun at work. I am also challenged everyday in the work I do as it's a fairly face paced environment. I also enjoy the flexibility I have in my job as I have two small children at home. Overall, Planet is a great company.

ConsPlanet has had a bumpy start, but it's very exciting to be a part of its current successes!

Planet Consulting Response

Apr 3, 2013Sr. Technical Recruiter

Thank you for taking time to provide your feedback.

Lacking Communication

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Omaha, NE

ProsCould get you in the work place where you couldn't on your own with their connections and friendly easy on the eyes staff

ConsWhen it comes to describing the jobs they want to match you wit the communication was lacking important details like company culture, hours of operations, job descriptions, requirements.
    Sadly most of the offers didn't really match my skills sets which means they were desperate to place people to meet numbers.

Advice to Senior ManagementOffer more personal one on one services. Give people access to on line training or something that makes you stand out from the other 100 staffing agencies doing the same thing.

A great company to get started with

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Omaha, NE

ProsPlanet has created a great environment for entry level IT staff to get their foot in the door and experience in companies that they might not otherwise be able to.

ConsIn the managed services contract I worked under, there was an artificial ceiling limiting the technicians' career growth. This may not be true of all contract arrangements or full-time positions with the company.

Advice to Senior ManagementWhen I worked for Planet, there was very little support in developing individuals professionally (tuition reimbursement, etc.), so if changes have not already been made in that area, that would be a huge step forward.

"Fair wage, for a college student. Too much ceiling".

L1 Helpdesk Technician (Current Employee) Omaha, NE

ProsThe managers are some of the best i've ever had, and the workplace environment has been wonderful. I wish the contract hadn't ended, however. I would have gladly worked here for the rest of my college times.

ConsContract ended. Little oppourtunity to grow. [More an affect of the client, than anything]. Worth far more than we are actually paid - but compared to other places in Omaha [West Corporation] in Entry-level positions: It's not so bad.

Advice to Senior ManagementNone

Good, small company if you like autonomy.

Technical Project Manager (Current Employee) Omaha, NE

ProsPlanet has a very casual atmosphere. People are real, up-front and there is not a lot of candy-coating how they feel. It's not uncommon to hear a cuss word spring up from time to time. But it is NOT a negative environment at all. People are friendly and low stress. There is opportunity to serve different roles and change is constant. Being such a small company, there is little room for failure or stagnation. Conditions change in the market, in our customer mix, our corporate focus and everyone has to be able to adapt. To someone seeking a steady, controlled, organized environment, Planet would be a painful place to work. For someone who loves a constantly changing challenge, it's great.

ConsSmall, immature company. Sales oriented.

Advice to Senior ManagementCommunicate more company-wide. Foster employee morale and community more.

Worked for Planet Consulting? Contribute to the Community!