Planned Parenthood Reviews

Reset
1.0
Planned Parenthood CEO Cecile Richards
Cecile Richards

Pros
  • Opportunity to work on important issues like health care for women (in 10 reviews)

• good benefits, adequate training time (in 9 reviews)

Cons
  • Work-life balance is nearly impossible (in 5 reviews)

• It also pays like a non-profit pays so there's that (in 8 reviews)

1. No loyalty

Former Employee - Women's Health Care Nurse Practitioner in Modesto, CA
    Former Employee - Women's Health Care Nurse Practitioner in Modesto, CA

I worked at Planned Parenthood full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

It's a source of income.

Cons

Management does not care about you!

Advice to Management

Care about someone besides yourself.

2. No ethics, Heartless bullying management to client and employees

I worked at Planned Parenthood full-time

Pros

Not even the pay it worth a try ( its too bad they have bad heartless management) PP has an amazing mission. It is just the management that does not really believe in it and act with no show of compassion to employees and clients and brings a negative environment to the workplace. its like poison

Cons

I have never been employed with an organization with a manager and supervisors with the lowest ethics. Manager and supervisors bully employees and treat them like 5th graders. They refer to clients as FREQUENT FLYERS , they gossip and talk bad about almost everybody including all the clinics and those who are coming for an interview (referring to them as, they can't even write well ), Its just the most negative place I have ever worked. I guess you have to have a cold heart to be in this business , BUT never as cold. I do believe PP has a good mission but it just not run in a ethically and compassionate way ( at least where I worked. )

Advice to Management

Get rid of fake management with no heart for the clients and workers which brings workers morale to the floor .

contact center rep

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Tacoma, WA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Tacoma, WA

I have been working at Planned Parenthood full-time

Pros

Free birth control and woman health and health benefits

Cons

protesters harass you and mangers and hr do.not appreciate you

Advice to Management

Appreciate your employees!!

Whew - Glad It Is Over!

Former Employee - Contractor
    Former Employee - Contractor

Pros

The only Pro is this assignment is done!

Cons

The clicks within the department were awful. There are some of the most rude, mean-spirited, unhappy people I've ever met that work at there! Employee morale was poor, middle management was part of the clicks - she even encouraged them! Thousands and thousands of dollars lost annually and no one seems to care...just do the work and go home. The building itself seemed to feel different in different areas. In Administration, it felt really 'heavy'...like even the air in that area was dense. I stand behind the mission of Planned Parenthood, but this organization needs to DO SOMETHING about how it treats people (patients, too). Employees are NOT valued there AT ALL. I can't say that strongly enough.

Advice to Management

Resign, please. Resign and allow the CEO/CFO/COO to hire all new management. The entire organization needs to be audited....ASAP!

HCA

Former Employee - HCA in Wilmington, NC
    Former Employee - HCA in Wilmington, NC

I worked at Planned Parenthood part-time (More than a year)

Pros

The company, overall does amazing things for patients in need. Pay is pretty good. Non profit.

Cons

Company doesn't care about their employees. Office in Wilmington, NC is running itself into the ground. The training is either terrible or non existent. They allow the HCA staff at front desk to charge patients whatever they want and just push everything through to insurance companies, making them look as though they've done the patient a favor by giving them a "discount". They Do NOT know what they're doing in the office here. They are clueless. There's a reason this office has been through five managers in a couple years. There is one HCA/medical assistant who takes on all of the work in the back and the clinician is the only person that actually Knows what she's doing. HIGH STRESS place to work...but primarily because of the incompetence from employees.

Advice to Management

Training needs a complete overhaul. It's just sad and very uninformative. If an employee comes to you with a concern about treatment of patients or questions about the well being of the company, do NOT ignore this and just sweep it under the rug.

Hudson Peconic - Development

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Hawthorne, NY
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Hawthorne, NY

I worked at Planned Parenthood full-time

Pros

I have tried very hard to think of something nice to say, but Planned Parenthood Hudson Peconic does not have a single redeeming quality.

Cons

Do not walk, RUN away from this organization. I cannot speak for other Planned Parenthood affiliates or the overall organization, but the PPHP affiliate is terrible. I was originally very excited to work at Planned Parenthood as I had been a supporter for many years, but unfortunately working at PPHP was one of the worst experiences of my life. PPHP is a hotbed of dysfunction and micromanagement, due to the mind-boggling incompetence of the leadership. As in any job, I was interested in learning and growing in my career. This did not happen, not even close. Initiative and fresh ideas are frowned upon. I shocked that even the basic fundamentals and principles of fundraising are non-existent in the Development department, and when suggesting the implementation of these principles I was faced with the "that's not the way we do it' answer, which was the answer for everything. So, not an opportunity to grow in my career or to help progress the organization. Even the standards and procedures that did exist had no consistency. Policies would change from day to day depending on the mood of the leadership. I am not exaggerating. When confronted with the inconsistencies the leadership would simply lie and say 'I never said that' or make an excuse about why it is different this time. This is not uncommon, it occurs weekly if not daily. I also found that there were more than a few actions that bordered on unethical and even illegal and made me very uncomfortable, such as depositing a c3 into the c4 fund and vice-versa (I heard 'just write action fund on the check' several times), or indicating that a donation will be used for a certain purpose and not designating it for that. I understand that every organization is run differently and has it's own culture. I have worked at places that I didn't necessarily fit, but still respect their policies, procedures and leadership. Not every job is for everyone. But I honestly do not think anyone can survive, much less thrive at PPHP. I beg anyone considering applying for a position at PPHP to look elsewhere. Looking back at my time at PPHP I am amazed by what a human being is capable of enduring - mentally and emotionally.

Department was outsourced

Former Employee - Medical Biller
    Former Employee - Medical Biller

Pros

It's a paycheck. HR was phenomenal!

Cons

Bad management, no retirement, antiquated policies.

Stay away from PP of Minnesota

Former Employee - Nurse Practitioner
    Former Employee - Nurse Practitioner

Pros

As an NP, a chance to work with underserved populations, a sense o service. The reason I stayed for 30 + years. My patients were so grateful for the care I gave them.

Cons

Upper Clinical management is toxic! They have no respect for NPs as professionals. They routinely deny lunch breaks. They tell NPs to do things we know are unethical and investigate us if we don't. It's why, with a heavy heart I resigned in October.

Advice to Management

If you want to maintain your family planning services, start treating your clinic staff better! Read your own mission statement! Treat the women who work for you with the Care No Matter What philosophy.

power corrupts little minds

Former Employee - Call Center Representative in Portland, OR
    Former Employee - Call Center Representative in Portland, OR

I worked at Planned Parenthood full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

free food sometimes. money, potlucks, getting to help women.

Cons

management, hours, 9-5 hell, if you are a creative person DO NOT WORK here. They only want robots who have no personality and follow directions.

Advice to Management

Remember that you are human. Don't your little power get to your head.

Lead Medical Assistant

Current Employee - Medical Assistant in Tucson, AZ
    Current Employee - Medical Assistant in Tucson, AZ

I have been working at Planned Parenthood full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Nothing really The doctors r really nice

Cons

Everything, no team work what so ever the girls are really mean horrible it's so sad

Advice to Management

Take control of the situation not the situation of you You are the manager

RSS Feed </> Embed