Planned Systems International Reviews

Reset
4.3
Terry Lin

1. Summer Intern

Pros

Good experience in gov contracting

Cons

Nothing to write about here

Great small to medium sized company.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Arlington, VA

Pros

They are really family friendly and work hard at hiring professionals so they don't need to micro-manage. They have an excellent relationship with their customers..

Cons

Don't get a lot of feedback.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work

Solid, pleasant experience

Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Arlington, VA
    Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Arlington, VA

Pros

Generous benefits, good market rate salaries, and flexible policies depending on the nature of the contract. Management is always looking for ways to connect to the employees and get their feedback (even more so than I personally would prefer or need). Very nice technical training opportunities (one of the best e-learning programs I've seen). Generally a great staff of technical colleagues. Throws some of the best Holiday parties of any shop I've been with. Good, dependable coffee service at the main office (you cannot have good IT development without coffee. ya just can't)

Cons

The cube design in the main office is very poopy - but to be fair, it probably came with the building when they leased it, and would cost a butt-load to replace. Regardless - unhappy cubes. Still have not implemented my FreePizza-FreeBeer-FreeStripers-AtWork suggestion. Can't for the life of me figure out why. Perfectly reasonable, amirite?

Advice to Management

Make sure the current (and founding) CEO is happy and does not want to sell out. He has established a really good corporate culture, and I suspect if he left things would suffer. Maybe don't pander as much to the wanna-be PM crowd -- while "advancement" (if you want to call it that) is nice, we're a tech shop. The last thing we need are more Stepford-ProcessZombies. We need techs that want to be techs and like what they do. Just sayin'.

5. great workplace environment

Current Employee - Senior IT Analyst in Arlington, VA
    Current Employee - Senior IT Analyst in Arlington, VA

I have been working at Planned Systems International full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

The people & the organization. You actually have interaction with the CEO and he knows your name. Benefits are amazing - can't be topped. Flexibility. CEO wants to keep his people happy in order to retain good people and that has helped when people feel stuck and need to move to another project.

Cons

Company lacks communication with the employees. Not a big variety of projects.

Advice to Management

Improve communication with company, find new and exciting work - not the same all the time

A special place to work

Current Employee - Technical Program Manager in Arlington, VA
    Current Employee - Technical Program Manager in Arlington, VA

I have been working at Planned Systems International full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The company is not very big but they have some of the best technical personnel that I have had the privilege to work with. They get the smaller, but often more important, work within the government. They also have a very strong support for their employees. I have never worked where onboarding training, and company events were so good. Highly recommended.

Cons

As a small company, they have their niche and if you don't fit into that niche, then it is not the place for you.

Advice to Management

Keep the focus on the upside down triangle and re-examine how you implement that and maybe update how it is accomplished. Do not get complacent.

7. Best company I've worked for

Current Employee - Management Analyst in Arlington, VA
    Current Employee - Management Analyst in Arlington, VA

I have been working at Planned Systems International full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I've been working for PSI for a little over 2 years now. During this time, I've received a title promotion. As long as you work hard, senior management will recognize you and reward you fairly. PSI has always had the culture of taking care of their people, and the CEO lives by it. I enjoy coming to work and approve of the senior management adjustments made the last year. People who leave to for new jobs end up coming back after a couple months. I guess they realize that there's no better company to work for! The work environment is friendly and helpful.

Cons

No company paid happy hour events for bonding

Advice to Management

Keep hiring smart, hard working, and producing individuals

Small company that seems to care about it's employees.

Current Employee - Programmer Analyst in Arlington, VA
    Current Employee - Programmer Analyst in Arlington, VA

Pros

Company offers generally good benefits, management works to find suitable jobs on other contracts when the assigned contracts end, multiple work locations, flexible schedules and work from home.

Cons

Working off site sometimes feels out of sight, out of mind, which at times can be a "pro" instead of a "con"

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work. Recent staff changes have been very good.

9. Employees care a lot but senior management is disconnected

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Arlington, VA

Pros

The CEO has strong beliefs in People, Service, Integrity. Many excellent employees.

Cons

Management is isolated, and the senior management team fails to live up to the CEO's values. People are not promoted on merit but through politics in mid to senior positions. Employee communications are poor.

Advice to Management

Executive management needs to be embrace the CEO's core values instead of providing lip service to them. Bringing up issues results in retaliation & intimidation from senior management and this needs to change from the top.

Absolutely loved working for them.

Former Employee - Data Quality Analyst in San Antonio, TX
    Former Employee - Data Quality Analyst in San Antonio, TX

I worked at Planned Systems International full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Small company that seemed to really care about their employees.

Cons

Remote location of the management.

Good overall working environment people generally seem to care about its employees.

Former Employee - Program Analyst in Washington, DC
    Former Employee - Program Analyst in Washington, DC

I worked at Planned Systems International full-time (More than a year)

Pros

People at the HEADQUARTERS were nice, treated employees well.

Cons

This company did not have a strong foot hold in the intelligence community for contractors, thus finding another job was impossible if you were a Program Analyst or Intelligence Analyst trained person.

Advice to Management

Centralize your Business Development and Capture Management capabilities make it one focused department and have Program Managers be more involved and aware of the inner politics of government clients and the arrival of possible new contracts.

RSS Feed </> Embed