Planned Systems International

Terry Lin

A special place to work

Current Employee - Technical Program Manager  in  Arlington, VA
    Current Employee - Technical Program Manager in Arlington, VA

I have been working at Planned Systems International full-time for less than a year

Pros

The company is not very big but they have some of the best technical personnel that I have had the privilege to work with. They get the smaller, but often more important, work within the government. They also have a very strong support for their employees. I have never worked where onboarding training, and company events were so good. Highly recommended.

Cons

As a small company, they have their niche and if you don't fit into that niche, then it is not the place for you.

Keep the focus on the upside down triangle and re-examine how you implement that and maybe update how it is accomplished. Do not get complacent.

Best company I've worked for

Current Employee - Management Analyst  in  Arlington, VA
    Current Employee - Management Analyst in Arlington, VA

I have been working at Planned Systems International full-time for more than a year

Pros

I've been working for PSI for a little over 2 years now. During this time, I've received a title promotion. As long as you work hard, senior management will recognize you and reward you fairly. PSI has always had the culture of taking care of their people, and the CEO lives by it. I enjoy coming to work and approve of the senior management adjustments made the last year. People who leave to for new jobs end up coming back after a couple months. I guess they realize that there's no better company to work for! The work environment is friendly and helpful.

Cons

No company paid happy hour events for bonding

Keep hiring smart, hard working, and producing individuals

Small company that seems to care about it's employees.

Current Employee - Programmer Analyst  in  Arlington, VA
    Current Employee - Programmer Analyst in Arlington, VA

Pros

Company offers generally good benefits, management works to find suitable jobs on other contracts when the assigned contracts end, multiple work locations, flexible schedules and work from home.

Cons

Working off site sometimes feels out of sight, out of mind, which at times can be a "pro" instead of a "con"

Keep up the good work. Recent staff changes have been very good.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Employees care a lot but senior management is disconnected

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Arlington, VA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Arlington, VA

I have been working at Planned Systems International full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

The CEO has strong beliefs in People, Service, Integrity. Many excellent employees.

Cons

Management is isolated, and the senior management team fails to live up to the CEO's values. People are not promoted on merit but through politics in mid to senior positions. Employee communications are poor.

Executive management needs to be embrace the CEO's core values instead of providing lip service to them. Bringing up issues results in retaliation & intimidation from senior management and this needs to change from the top.

PSI Interesting

I worked at Planned Systems International as a contractor for less than a year

Pros

I did like the company benefits.

Cons

I worked as a contractor and I did not have a good Program Manager. I was in a difficult situation and I don't think I got the support I needed.

Contractors are in a vulnerable situation like being between a rock and a hard place. If you do not have the anyone you can go to that can give you the guidance you need to do you job than you job suffers as well as the contract.

Absolutely loved working for them.

Former Employee - Data Quality Analyst  in  San Antonio, TX
    Former Employee - Data Quality Analyst in San Antonio, TX

I worked at Planned Systems International full-time for less than a year

Pros

Small company that seemed to really care about their employees.

Cons

Remote location of the management.

Good overall working environment people generally seem to care about its employees.

Former Employee - Program Analyst  in  Washington, DC
    Former Employee - Program Analyst in Washington, DC

I worked at Planned Systems International full-time for more than a year

Pros

People at the HEADQUARTERS were nice, treated employees well.

Cons

This company did not have a strong foot hold in the intelligence community for contractors, thus finding another job was impossible if you were a Program Analyst or Intelligence Analyst trained person.

Centralize your Business Development and Capture Management capabilities make it one focused department and have Program Managers be more involved and aware of the inner politics of government clients and the arrival of possible new contracts.

PSI firmly believes in their values of people, service and integrity. I am proud to be a part of the PSI family.

Current Employee - Director Business Development  in  Arlington, VA
    Current Employee - Director Business Development in Arlington, VA

I have been working at Planned Systems International

Pros

Very community oriented work place, Senior Mgmt encourage all employees to feel empowered, opportunities for success, independent thought is encouraged

Cons

Occasionally it is disorganized and Sr. Mgmt has an overly laissez faire style.

Rushed hiring job led to poor fit on the job site

Current Employee - Project Analyst  in  Washington, DC
    Current Employee - Project Analyst in Washington, DC

I have been working at Planned Systems International

Pros

My pay and my benefits are fantastic, and PSI as a company is nice to work for-- great values, good corporate communication.

Cons

A super-fast hiring process and lack of communication before my start date left little time for discussion about my actual assignment, which ended up changing on my first day. It's all about the client's needs here, and there's not a lot of resources leftover for the employee. My PM was switched 20 minutes before I walked into my new office, and the new PM didn't even work for my company. My actual assignment is dull and I am underutilized.

Focus more on your employee's happiness in their assignments and take the time to place them well. You will waste resources when they quit shortly after being hired because you didn't take the time to see where they would add the most value to the client. Employee's needs don't have to be at odds with the client's. Employees cannot be treated like cogs in a machine that can just be dropped in at will.

QA Manager

I have been working at Planned Systems International full-time

Pros

PSI provides a very flexible work environment for their employees. PSI is very family oriented.

Cons

PSI does not excel at communicating with employees.

Create an org chart for folks who are not located at the headquarters building.

Worked for Planned Systems International? Contribute to the Community!