Planned Systems International

Add Photos

Terry Lin

Best company I've worked for

Management Analyst (Current Employee) Arlington, VA

ProsI've been working for PSI for a little over 2 years now. During this time, I've received a title promotion. As long as you work hard, senior management will recognize you and reward you fairly. PSI has always had the culture of taking care of their people, and the CEO lives by it. I enjoy coming to work and approve of the senior management adjustments made the last year. People who leave to for new jobs end up coming back after a couple months. I guess they realize that there's no better company to work for! The work environment is friendly and helpful.

ConsNo company paid happy hour events for bonding

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep hiring smart, hard working, and producing individuals

Small company that seems to care about it's employees.

Programmer Analyst (Current Employee) Arlington, VA

ProsCompany offers generally good benefits, management works to find suitable jobs on other contracts when the assigned contracts end, multiple work locations, flexible schedules and work from home.

ConsWorking off site sometimes feels out of sight, out of mind, which at times can be a "pro" instead of a "con"

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep up the good work. Recent staff changes have been very good.

Employees care a lot but senior management is disconnected

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Arlington, VA

ProsThe CEO has strong beliefs in People, Service, Integrity. Many excellent employees.

ConsManagement is isolated, and the senior management team fails to live up to the CEO's values. People are not promoted on merit but through politics in mid to senior positions. Employee communications are poor.

Advice to Senior ManagementExecutive management needs to be embrace the CEO's core values instead of providing lip service to them. Bringing up issues results in retaliation & intimidation from senior management and this needs to change from the top.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

PSI Interesting

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsI did like the company benefits.

ConsI worked as a contractor and I did not have a good Program Manager. I was in a difficult situation and I don't think I got the support I needed.

Advice to Senior ManagementContractors are in a vulnerable situation like being between a rock and a hard place. If you do not have the anyone you can go to that can give you the guidance you need to do you job than you job suffers as well as the contract.

Absolutely loved working for them.

Data Quality Analyst (Former Employee) San Antonio, TX

ProsSmall company that seemed to really care about their employees.

ConsRemote location of the management.

Good overall working environment people generally seem to care about its employees.

Program Analyst (Former Employee) Washington, DC

ProsPeople at the HEADQUARTERS were nice, treated employees well.

ConsThis company did not have a strong foot hold in the intelligence community for contractors, thus finding another job was impossible if you were a Program Analyst or Intelligence Analyst trained person.

Advice to Senior ManagementCentralize your Business Development and Capture Management capabilities make it one focused department and have Program Managers be more involved and aware of the inner politics of government clients and the arrival of possible new contracts.

PSI firmly believes in their values of people, service and integrity. I am proud to be a part of the PSI family.

Director Business Development (Current Employee) Arlington, VA

ProsVery community oriented work place, Senior Mgmt encourage all employees to feel empowered, opportunities for success, independent thought is encouraged

ConsOccasionally it is disorganized and Sr. Mgmt has an overly laissez faire style.

Rushed hiring job led to poor fit on the job site

Project Analyst (Current Employee) Washington, DC

ProsMy pay and my benefits are fantastic, and PSI as a company is nice to work for-- great values, good corporate communication.

ConsA super-fast hiring process and lack of communication before my start date left little time for discussion about my actual assignment, which ended up changing on my first day. It's all about the client's needs here, and there's not a lot of resources leftover for the employee. My PM was switched 20 minutes before I walked into my new office, and the new PM didn't even work for my company. My actual assignment is dull and I am underutilized.

Advice to Senior ManagementFocus more on your employee's happiness in their assignments and take the time to place them well. You will waste resources when they quit shortly after being hired because you didn't take the time to see where they would add the most value to the client. Employee's needs don't have to be at odds with the client's. Employees cannot be treated like cogs in a machine that can just be dropped in at will.

QA Manager

ProsPSI provides a very flexible work environment for their employees. PSI is very family oriented.

ConsPSI does not excel at communicating with employees.

Advice to Senior ManagementCreate an org chart for folks who are not located at the headquarters building.

Worked for Planned Systems International? Contribute to the Community!