Plantronics

Plantronics Reviews

Updated Jul 11, 2014

Plantronics President, CEO, and Director Ken Kannappan

Ken Kannappan

Pros
  • Great culture, people and beautiful Santa Cruz(in 5 reviews)

• Work from home, in the office, however it works best for you(in 3 reviews)

Cons
  • Santa Cruz location means a reverse drive over the hill if you live in Silicon Valley(in 8 reviews)

• Senior management at the executive level is out of touch with the real employees(in 4 reviews)

Collateral producer

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Santa Cruz, CA

ProsPlantronics has a very unique culture that is all their own. It is a friendly, comfortable place to work. The employee are all very helpful to one another.

ConsDriving to Santa Cruz can get old however working from home helps considerably.

Advice to Senior ManagementFind a way to make sure everyone is aware of who is responsible for what and who the true owners are.

Great teamwork, positive environment

Sales (Former Employee) Santa Cruz, CA

ProsFor the most part, employees are valued for their contributions. Perks and rewarding team and community activities are fun and inspiring. Good corporate social responsibility.

ConsIn some ways employees are not valued, jobs are moved to areas less expensive to operate, an economic decision, but demoralizing,

Advice to Senior ManagementIf an employee MUST justify their existance, make it more transparent and purposeful, not some vague thing in the background that everyone has to guess, "Am I doing it right?" If the mission is to measure success, then by all means use the same yardstick on both sides of the table.

Easygoing company, easily one of the best gigs in town

Public Relations (Current Employee) Santa Cruz, CA

ProsAssociate loyalty is impressive, laid-back work culture, newly remodeled campus, inspiring facility, fun and smart co-workers.

ConsProgress typically occurs but at a snails pace. there is not much opportunity for growth

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Undiscovered Jewel

Staff Engineer (Current Employee) Santa Cruz, CA

ProsExciting opportunities, collegial working, financially and ethically sound, innovative work practices and facilities, caring and engaged management, small town, family feeling.

ConsPeople are very loyal to Plantronics so low turnover...this also means that advancement opportunities can be fewer and require patience to get.

Advice to Senior ManagementBe wary of changing the culture. This is unique and the most successful I have seen.

Great place to work

ProsPeople are kind
    Open culture that has a great work-life balance
    Passionate

ConsConservative culture makes people work scared
    Location

I was an intern at Plantronics

ProsIncredibly friendly people, lots of opportunities to meet with upper management, you're given important projects, and the work environment is spectacular.

ConsSometimes too caught up in the old ways of doing things. There's not a lot to do in Santa Cruz

Nice comfortable place to work

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsSteady and stable company
    Decent management, not great, just decent
    Flexible workplace. Nice building and workspace.

ConsNot risk takers. Slow and steady with growth.
    No real advancement opportunities.
    Location in Santa Cruz with horrible access and local area. Homeless area.

Advice to Senior ManagementTake a risk. Forecast growth for more than 6% a year.
    Evaluate senior management. Not all stellar people.

Life at Plantronics

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Santa Cruz, CA

ProsThe people are great at Plantronics - the environment is like a large family. Many people have been there more than 20 years.

ConsPLT is starting to feel like a 'big company'...some of the events that made it great are being done away with due to new management.

Advice to Senior ManagementUpper management should listen to the employees more....

Good company to work for if you enjoy Santa Cruz

Proscasual corporate culture
    everybody is friendly
    offices recently renovated, very silicon valley-ish
    free coffee, cappuccinos, lattes

Conslow pay compared to industry average

Good Company -- May be in financial trouble

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Santa Cruz, CA

ProsKnown for good employee culture and competitive salary and benefits package

ConsLong hours -- Engineering, & customer service positions are being sent to their facility in Tijuana, Mexico in order to cut costs which may be an indicator that company is losing market share and/or may be in financial trouble

Advice to Senior ManagementCutting costs by moving jobs to Mexico is not the way to inspire company morale -- Recent Upper Management decisions have been questionable

Worked for Plantronics? Contribute to the Community!