Plantronics

Plantronics Reviews

Updated Jul 11, 2014

Plantronics President, CEO, and Director Ken Kannappan

Ken Kannappan

Pros
  • Great culture, people and beautiful Santa Cruz(in 5 reviews)

• Work from home, in the office, however it works best for you(in 3 reviews)

Cons
  • Santa Cruz location means a reverse drive over the hill if you live in Silicon Valley(in 8 reviews)

• Senior management at the executive level is out of touch with the real employees(in 4 reviews)

Outstanding Experience

Director (Current Employee) Santa Cruz, CA

ProsTerrific group of people, exceptional quality, innovation on the rise, and a caring culture. Solid financially and investing in many growth areas. New facility is energizing and speaks to culture.

ConsSanta Cruz location means a reverse drive over the hill if you live in Silicon Valley. CEO currently out on health care means some uncertainty as to what will happen. People stay, so sometimes opportunities to get promoted require long waits.

Advice to Senior ManagementStay on course!

Exciting place to work and reasonable career opportunities

Marketing (Former Employee) Santa Cruz, CA

ProsTechnology leadership, great benefits, open to movement within the organization, well resourced business units, friendly and helpful team environment, Santa Cruz is a great location.

ConsAs of a few years ago, there was a bit of micro-management from the C-level, which held back new ideas and approaches to new market areas.

Advice to Senior ManagementThe top down leadership style can stifle innovation - especially when addressing new product areas or markets.

New Product Engineering

Engineer (Former Employee) Santa Cruz, CA

ProsChallenging work, excellent/talented multi-desciplined engineering co-workers.

ConsThe downturn economy has devasted the product engineering resources whilst increasing the sales force. An engineer is expected to support all duties in the product lifecycle, including production ECOs and Sustaining. Thus NPD projects are generally delayed due to resource interruptions.

Advice to Senior ManagementBest of luck.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Great company to work for!

Treasury Analyst (Former Employee) Santa Cruz, CA

ProsThis is a really great company to work for especially if you want to live/work in the Santa Cruz area. Work/life balance is pretty good. Still offers all the career challenges of a Silicon Valley company but still maintains the laid-back culture of Santa Cruz.

ConsCompensation could have been more competitive especially since they're competiting for talent from San Jose.

Amazing company to work for!

Intern (Former Employee) Santa Cruz, CA

ProsProgressive, collaborative, & innovative atmosphere. Great people! New modern workspace that is designed to promote interaction and to work effectively from various locations. There are fun social events, and the company is very involved in giving back to the community through Second Harvest. Impressive green energy initiatives through solar roofing and natural light. Ability to occasionally work from home.

ConsDon't have anthing negative to say

Awesome

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Santa Cruz, CA

ProsFamily friendly, not political, kine

ConsSlow, minimal aspirations, a bit tired

Advice to Senior ManagementMore vision on how growth will happen

An innovative company with exceptional direction, culture, and customer focus.

Product Management Intern (Current Employee) Santa Cruz, CA

Proscollaborative office environment, unique corporate culture, innovative products and ideas, high-quality products that improve the quality of customer's lives. Market leader for their products in terms of share and overall product quality. Robust intern program and genuine philanthropic efforts. Enjoyable corporate events.

Conssomewhat isolated corporate headquarters in the city of Santa Cruz. Large campus makes it difficult to know every associate.

Great culture and working environment

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Santa Cruz, CA

ProsFun culture, employees treated well.

ConsLocation, compensation doesn't compare with similar positions in the valley.

awesome experience but long commute

QA Intern (Current Employee) Santa Ana, CA

Proswell respected. opinions heard and mattered

Consthe long commute to work is the only bad thing

Advice to Senior Managementmore pay please

I never know what will happen or what priorities will change from day to day.

Marketing (Current Employee) Santa Cruz, CA

Pros-location, nice to drive to the beach for lunch
    -good discounts on products
    -good people to work with

Cons-unclear management goals (top-down communication is poor)
    -ever changing priorities
    -confusing bonus structure
    -mistrust among employees toward management

Advice to Senior ManagementBetter communication with the entire organization would be helpful. Product road maps and sharing of launch schedule would help everyone do their job better and feel as if they have a personal stake in what they are doing. A clearer bonus structure would help with the mistrust created between employees and managers. Taking the bonuses away would be better that what seems like this double talk we get.

Worked for Plantronics? Contribute to the Community!