Planview

Great Company

Current Employee - Consultant in Austin, TX
    Current Employee - Consultant in Austin, TX

I have been working at Planview full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Benefits, Employee/Customer focus, lots of opportunities

Cons

Frequent and inconsistent travel, big learning curve

Fantastic teams, easy to work with, diligent engineers, growing and owning of the PPM sector.

Current Employee - Senior Software Developer in Austin, TX
    Current Employee - Senior Software Developer in Austin, TX

I have been working at Planview full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Flexibility, no micro-management, easy to get along with people and really smart professionals who have worked there for a very long time.

Cons

You need to be a self starter and good communicator. While people are there to help you, it is growing fast and you have to learn a lot of the ropes on your own. Compensation is competitive and work-life balance is great. Easy to take time off, work from home or sick days as long as you get your work done.

I would encourage development of employee's skills beyond what they are comfortable with, including new technologies, sending them to conferences, and attending online classes / webinars.

Phenomenal family oriented company with great integrity, high moral values and a fun yet strong work ethic!

Former Employee - Director of Business Development in Austin, TX
    Former Employee - Director of Business Development in Austin, TX

I worked at Planview full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

During my tenure at Planview, the company went out of their way to make it a great place for me to work. When I went through some very difficult times in my personal life and health, the company bent over backwards to create new positions for me to contribute while taking care of my health. Later, when my nation would call me to serve in the war, Planview leadership had no company policy on how they would take care of their military members if mobilized. The leadership team sprung into action and created a policy that helped me to be cared for financially so I didn't have to worry about my family or my job while serving my country. Very simply put, if you work hard for Planview, they will work hard to keep you and make it a great place to work. They have a very low attrition rate so the people there know the business well and will help you be successful. The people are great to work with and become like family! They love innovation and are open to new ideas. They are lifelong friends now.

Cons

The only con is that many of the people are remote (home office) so it can be more difficult to develop key relationships in order to move strategic issues forward.

You're doing a great job and have built a great company worthy of praise. As you continue to grow in size and resources, don't lose touch of all the fun things you used to do when you were younger and smaller. That's what made you unique and different than any other company.

Lots of good people but political

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

I worked at Planview full-time

Pros

Friendly culture with good collaboration between most of the employees.

Cons

Politics between Executives and across some departments is unpleasant and forces one to be overly guarded about stepping on the wrong person's toes. Some Executives are particularly nasty to each other and to their underlings.

Midlevel execs and employees might perform better if the COO does not cut the heads off his messengers. Quelch the rivalries between department execs.

Its an OK place

Current Employee - Sales in Austin, TX
    Current Employee - Sales in Austin, TX

I have been working at Planview full-time (more than a year)

Pros

people are nice and friendly

Cons

no room for growth...long in the tooth

better training would be nice

One of the worst places I've ever worked.

I worked at Planview full-time

Pros

It's a job if you just want to collect a paycheck

Cons

The employees walk around like zombies. No one cares about anyone. There's lots of back stabbing.

Seriously observe the employees you put in charge. Some are very dishonest and deceitful.

Planview Review

I have been working at Planview full-time (more than a year)

Pros

The People are the best

Cons

Not very many at all

Great team, excellent product

Current Employee - Member of Software Engineering Team
    Current Employee - Member of Software Engineering Team

I have been working at Planview full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

This is a mature and stable company with a great team in place, a very strong product that sells well, and a large customer base. SaaS and on-premises delivery options provide great value for various types of customers. The revamped user experience / user interface of the product is pulling in many new customers and making many current ones very happy.

Cons

Sometimes a bit unstructured - sort of a start-up feel. A con for some, but a pro for many.

meh

I worked at Planview full-time

Pros

Some very talented and motivated people on staff. Great development leadership, willing to try new things... sometimes. Overall, the company is a positive place to work- just don't expect to change the world there.

Cons

Old code, resistance to change, makes for a product that is often uninspired and uninspiring. The product is notoriously difficult to use, disjointed and slow. Unfortunately when I was there, there was little motivation to make the kind of sweeping architectural changes that would be necessary to bring about dramatic improvements.

find ways to take chances and grow the product to keep it relevant

Great company with a relentless passion and commitment to achieve growth as a result of driving value for the customer!

Current Employee - Employee in Austin, TX
    Current Employee - Employee in Austin, TX

I have been working at Planview full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

Customer-driven organization with excellent thought and execution leadership. Focus on pushing the industry to deliver greater business value through innovative and user friedly Portfolio Management solutions.

Cons

As much of a pro as a con, depending on what you are seeking in an employer, Planview is a privately held corporation.

Keep up the great work and building on a tradition and culture of delivering excellence in all that Planview delivers! Controlled and focused, but aggressive growth plans should remain a constant.