Plaster Group Reviews

Employment Status

Reset
4.3
Shawn Plaster

1. Amazing company to work for!

I have been working at Plaster Group full-time

Pros

It’s been a great experience working for Plaster Group. The company has great core values that emphasize people as the main value. The Plaster Group management team always tries to do the right thing for both clients and employees. Much of the company’s success can be summarized in one statement: ‘happy employees make happy clients’. This is so true! The management team is always asking employees what else they can provide in order to ensure our job satisfaction, and because of this I have always felt cared for and never taken for granted. We also have an amazing benefits package that covers the entire family, and yet they are working on making it even better for us! Family values are clearly the main focus at Plaster Group. Our CEO constantly proves to us how important employees’ families are to the company. I have personally witnessed that. I have never met any business owner who cares so much for his employees. I think it means a lot these days. Also, they don’t forget about our community and are always participating in various charities and fundraisers. This aligns directly with my own personal values and commitments and inspires my loyalty even more. Needless to say, the Plaster Group team is a wonderful team of professional and successful people whose reputation precedes them throughout the industry. Overall, I am very happy and excited to be part of such an amazing company!!

Cons

Can't think of any cons

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you are doing

2. Wonderful Company and Dedicated CEO

Former Employee - Senior Consultant in Seattle, WA

I worked at Plaster Group full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Plaster Group honestly believes in their core values and follows them. When they say they act in the best interests of both clients and consultants, and "do the right thing, all the time", they are not just paying lip service. They spend time and money to ensure consultants are well-taken care of and can simply serve the clients without being distracted with company issues.

Cons

No downsides... as a consulting firm, they are top notch.

Advice to Management

Continue to focus on hiring the best.

3. Plaster Group Pros and Cons

Current Employee - Agile Coach/Scrum Master in Seattle, WA
    Current Employee - Agile Coach/Scrum Master in Seattle, WA

Pros

Bonus is dependent entirely on your own performance. They have a month-long bench between projects. There is a lot of support for education. Excellent medical coverage.

Cons

When I started they had a longer bench. Policy changed during my employment. No 401 K. Has a vision plan so bad no one will accept it (Spectrum)

Advice to Management

Change vision policy. Extend bench time. Make education part of the yearly review of employees.

5. Great Company, Great Experience

Current Employee - Senior Consultant in Seattle, WA
    Current Employee - Senior Consultant in Seattle, WA

I have been working at Plaster Group full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I've worked in consulting for over 10 years and this place walks the walk. All the work is local to Seattle so no travel is ever required. Plus the client list is an impressive one that includes most of the big name companies in town. The leadership team does a good job looking after everyone with regular check-ins. And the benefits are pretty top notch for consulting. A list of my favorite things about Plaster Group: - Interesting work at big clients - Good work / life balance - Generous benefits including paid medical for my whole family - Paid bench time - 4 weeks of PTO - Company meetings - we see each other once a quarter

Cons

Continue to grow as a company. Consider providing additional incentives such as profit sharing for tenured employees.

Advice to Management

Keep listening to employees and sharing company info.

6. The real thing! A great company to work for.

Current Employee - Director in Seattle, WA
    Current Employee - Director in Seattle, WA

I have been working at Plaster Group full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I've been in IT/management consulting in the PNW for the last 12 years and have had extensive experience at both Big 4 firms and smaller local boutique firms and can say without a shadow of a doubt, Plaster Group is the best firm I've had the pleasure to work for. Not only is the culture very familial and employee-centric with very competitive salary and benefits, but they also operate with a hyper focus on white glove client engagement and constantly strive to exceed expectations. Plaster Group maintains these standards by hiring only very seasoned and client focused consultants and only takes on client engagements that align with their core competencies and offerings. This model is in sharp contrast to the litany of local 'staff augmentation' firms that claim to provide consultative services.

Cons

Not any specific cons I can call out other than my desire to see the company grow a bit more aggressively. That said, this is a precarious balance as there is open acknowledgement that Plaster Group does not desire to grow for growths sake and it's only thorough our slow and deliberate growth that we can maintain our elevated standards around recruiting and client delivery.

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work and continue to invest in such amazing talent. The entire firm is vested in our success and hungry to continue contributing to our long-term goals an vision.

7. Senior Consultant at Plaster Group - Excellent company to work for

Current Employee - Senior Consultant
    Current Employee - Senior Consultant

I have been working at Plaster Group full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Over the past 20 years I have spent my management and technology consulting career at a global firm of over 250,000 people and Plaster Group – a relatively small but outstanding consulting company in the Seattle area. Both have had a lot to offer, but I am very proud to call Plaster Group my current home. What makes Plaster Group great? See below: - Outstanding, deeply skilled, enthusiastic, entrepreneurial, supportive peers with many years of industry and consulting experience - Top tier clients who value our contributions - Career growth potential (responsibility & financial rewards) - Careful screening of new employees to ensure a good fit for the individual, company, and our clients - Careful screening of potential clients to ensure interesting, high value-add work opportunities that are mutually beneficial to our clients and Plaster Group (no body shop/low-ball approaches) - Great benefits - True focus on work-life balance – not just lip service - Seattle-area work (no more airline middle seats) - Real focus on ensuring our consultants have good opportunities and interesting work to do - Transparent/open culture from CEO on down

Cons

No Cons at this point – just a perspective on large vs. small consulting companies I’ve worked for. Having spent years with a very large consulting firm, I had a vast network of people and resources to draw upon. In my 4+ years at Plaster Group, I have always had the resources and support needed to be successful in my work. Any concerns I had about the size of my support network are gone. The maturity, depth of experience, and consistent support I have received from my peers has proven to me that small companies can accomplish big things.

Advice to Management

Continue the strategic measured growth approach the company has taken so far. Continue to strive for contracts with interesting high value-add work. Continue the thorough screening/interview process to identify the kind of reliable top-quality consultants Plaster Group has been hiring.

8. Easily the best company I have worked for

Current Employee - Client Services Director in Seattle, WA
    Current Employee - Client Services Director in Seattle, WA

I have been working at Plaster Group full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I have been working strictly in Consulting for the past 8 years and I can say with the utmost confidence that Plaster Group is the best company I have worked for. I helped quite a few business/technology consulting firms with their business needs as an independent and listened to several different pitches as to why they were different or better than other firms. Most of them had very little variance in what separates them from other consulting firms so it was a breath of fresh air to hear about Plaster Group and become part of the team. The client base really is an all star lineup. Ranging from non-profit to IT all in the Greater Seattle Area. One of the best things about Plaster Group is that they stick to what their focus is and don't take roles that aren't aligned to what they do just to make a quick buck. To me, brand integrity is extremely important. The people here are amazing!! So many great, experienced consultants with diversified backgrounds. I've learned a lot just by listening to their consulting and industry experiences at lunches and company events. There is a pretty rigorous screening process for candidates so if a candidate gets thru that we know they are a rockstar consultant The benefits are fantastic. My family and I don't have to worry about paying for medical and dental premiums and I have more PTO than I've had at any other consulting firm. It's also an ego free environment which is great as it creates a really collaborative environment between all of our employees.

Cons

Not really a con but with all these great clients I look forward to see us increase our footprint with them over time. We are capable of making a huge impact with our offerings and I'm excited to get the opportunity.

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work!! This is the best group of consultants I have ever seen from a capability standpoint as well as personality.

9. Senior Business Intelligence Consultant

Former Employee - Senior Consultant in Seattle, WA

I worked at Plaster Group full-time (More than a year)

Pros

In a nutshell: 1. Great Company culture – you are not dumped at a client and forgotten about. 2. First class package and benefits – benefits and vacation in particular is really good. 3. Good work/life balance – Plaster Group strives to push this and make it known to their clients also. 4. All clients are in the Seattle area – no need to be a road warrior. What stood out during my tenure was that Senior Management really stuck to their guns with regards to (1) maintaining Practice Areas consisting of highly experienced consultants and a culture of collaboration; (2) being very selective and deliberate in their approach to growth. The attitude is that it is better to have 50 really strong consultants working on genuinely interesting, challenging and fulfilling projects than to have 500 assorted bodies scattered across the region at client engagements of varying quality. They are not tempted by the churn-and-burn staff augmentation jobs that would get offered to them just to bring in the revenue. Many companies claim to have a ‘no jerks policy’, but Plaster Group apply this rigorously both in terms of who they hire, but also in terms of the client engagements they accept. You will not be dispatched to some low-ball body shop assignment to keep the cash coming into the company coffers, and you will not be thrown under the bus if a client starts misbehaving and making unrealistic demands.

Cons

Not really a con, but it is worth mentioning that because Plaster Group does not have a large Sales Team cold-calling potential clients, the Consultants are encouraged and expected to have a higher awareness of the bigger picture at their assignments, and go out and investigate any new opportunities that come up. You are Consultant at Plaster Group, not a contractor, and so those who have a more traditional contractor mentality may get freaked out at the prospect of leaving their comfort zones and undertaking some organic Business Development of their own. The benefits for those who do have a Consultant mindset is that because Plaster Group does not have to pay a large Sales Team, the consultants themselves reap the rewards of new revenue coming in and being reinvested in them.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you’re doing. Stay the course keep carving out your niche away from the Microsoft satellite body-shops.

10. Sr Consultant

Current Employee - Sr Organizational Change Management Consultant
    Current Employee - Sr Organizational Change Management Consultant

I have been working at Plaster Group full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Carving a niche for itself in the Seattle market, the Plaster Group is focused on offering its clients the senior support needed to successfully achieve tough goals. If you want to help companies deliver important initiatives when that they just don't have enough of the right internal talent to do it alone, Plaster Group can land you some interesting work.

Cons

As a growing firm, Plaster Group includes a mix of staff augmentation and core consulting work. If you want to be a part of Plaster Group's long-term growth, beef up on its core competencies, especially BI.

Advice to Management

Plaster Group's commitment to work/life balance is refreshing. The challenge for management is to help Plaster consultants navigate clients' expectations, which do not often stop at a 40-hr work week for many consultants.

11. none

Pros

good benefits including health insurance

Cons

poor managers who are friends of CEO

RSS Feed </> Embed