Plastipak Holdings Reviews

Updated August 20, 2014

2.3

Plastipak Holdings Chairman, President, and CEO William C. Young
William C. Young

Overall a good experience.

Current Employee - Quality Department
    Current Employee - Quality Department

I have been working at Plastipak Holdings full-time for more than a year

Pros

A very stable company that is growing beyond expectations ! An invisible empire that is growing in plastics business.
    You get to learn a lot. The management is very well experienced.

Cons

The company is very micro managed by the management.
    The ability to take decisions should be left to the middle level management too.

With the business growing, micro managing should come down and let the middle level management take few decisions.

OK

Former Employee - Process Technician  in  Jackson Center, OH
    Former Employee - Process Technician in Jackson Center, OH

I worked at Plastipak Holdings full-time for less than a year

Pros

Great workers, if overtime is your thing, this is the place to work.

Cons

More often than not, you will be working in another area than your own. At times management have no clue on how things really runs. The attendance program is a joke. No sick days, just 5 vacation and holidays off.

Upgrade attendance policy.

Big Mistake Working Here!!

I have been working at Plastipak Holdings full-time for more than a year

Pros

There are no pros.

Cons

All the other reviews are correct. Their benefits are archaic. No sick time. You have to be there three years before you get 2 weeks of vacation. Management does not listen. The only perks are for the management.

Remember what it was like when you were just a grunt.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Search elsewhere for work.

Current Employee - Production Tech  in  Pineville, LA
    Current Employee - Production Tech in Pineville, LA

I have been working at Plastipak Holdings full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Absolutely no pros to this job.

Cons

Terrible management. Poor pay, no raises. Be prepared to do the job of 2 people.

No help here, they don't listen or care.

Meh

Current Employee - Machine Operator  in  Jackson Center, OH
    Current Employee - Machine Operator in Jackson Center, OH

I have been working at Plastipak Holdings full-time for more than a year

Pros

Laid back environment. rewards for safety etc. want you to take lots of vacation....

Cons

low pay. other bottle factories pay upwards of 26 an hr to machine ops. plastipak makes a ton of money but is so stingy.

Bad place to work if you want to have a life outside of plastipak

Current Employee - Machine Operator  in  Westland, MI
    Current Employee - Machine Operator in Westland, MI

I have been working at Plastipak Holdings full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Great coworkers , decent benefits, ok vacation time.

Cons

Lots of forced overtime and doesn't pay time and a half , no sick days no such thing as excused absence , very few advancement opportunities , low pay, only office people maintenance tech's and upper management get holidays off

Listen to your employees concerns and actually do something about them

Worst Place I have ever worked in my life because of how management treats you

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Jackson Center, OH
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Jackson Center, OH

I have been working at Plastipak Holdings full-time for more than a year

Pros

Benefits are good and growth opportunity if you are in the good old boys club. Work isn't hard - actually pleasant if you were treated well. The company could be a great place to work if they would start over with management. There are some good managers there but they can't make it better when the majority is horrible.

Cons

Cell leaders and upper management treat you like you are their slave. They have no consideration for your family and life outside of work. You are scheduled 12 hours days on a rotation schedule which is great if you actually only worked the schedule. You end up working a lot of days off which allows you maybe 4 days a month off. You can't even schedule appointments because you don't know if you will have to work until the last minute. You have to work a lot of holidays even though it says in the handbook we have holidays we don't. Leaders shout at you and talk to you like you are their personal slave. They scream at you if anything isn't the way they expect. They won't let you finish a sentence when you try to ask questions. We have a ton of new people because nobody stays there except the ones in the good old boys club. If you are lucky enough to make it in the club you don't have to do much and they don't talk to you like you are stupid but it is very hard to get in that club. They treat new people like they are all not good enough to work for them. Well they are actually too good to work for this place. I am looking for another job and haven't even worked there too long. I thought it would be a great place to work since they have plants all over the world but they are the worst! Don't do it! You could find a better job ANYWHERE else!

You all need to learn that you will get a lot more out of your workers if you treat them right. A lot of the people on the floor intentionally run bad production or slack off because they get mad about how they are treated and it is their way to get back at management. You need to learn how to be human and kind to people. Understand being a leader does not give you a license to be a jerk to human kind. Be careful how you treat people or at some point they will get fed up and get help from a union to make things better. I hear people talking about unions now but a lot of people know they are not necessarily good for the company but at some point it may be the only thing to get managements attention about how to treat people. The union would make them treat you better.

HELP 911. SEND UNION OVER SOON AS POSSIBLE.

Current Employee - Production Technician  in  Champaign, IL
    Current Employee - Production Technician in Champaign, IL

I have been working at Plastipak Holdings full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Plenty of steady work. Potentially could be a good place to work.

Cons

Forget hard work or justice..being a 1st shift member of the good old boys club is the best way to succeed, if you are on 2nd or 3rd shift your best way to succeed is become friends with a well known good old boy club member on 1st shift. New hire techs usually make more money than most seasoned techs. When there is a problem, finger pointing starts...usually it's the shift that is not there to represent themselves fault. Being thrown under the bus is a daily ritual. You will be chastised if your manager or supervisor thinks you should know something that you were never trained or shown to do, mainly because they do not know how to do it either. You will get written up if you get injured at work. Being in the hospital is a unexcused absence even if you call in and have doctors note. Plastipak is very anti-union. Plastipak supervisors man the security shack when union reps are in the area to run the reps off property. Bad managers makes it harder to work at Plastipak then it should be.

Very unhealthy work environment and it is all the managements fault why the employees are looking towards a union for help. My advice is look up the definition of "philanthropist"...then practice it and the CEO should fire all who hinders moral.

Very inconsistent work environment.

Former Employee - Process Technician  in  Garland, TX
    Former Employee - Process Technician in Garland, TX

I worked at Plastipak Holdings full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

At this company, the hourly workers get tons of hours and they prefer to promote from within the company first.

Cons

In my 2 1/2 years there the organizational structure changed a handful of times. My position was very physically demanding. And getting a promotion meant working even more hours. I interviewed for a promotion, and it was generally regarded among my peers that I deserved it. It was given to someone else and the only explanation given was that the other employee had 6 months more experience that myself. He also had less education, less overall work experience, and more "write-ups".

Address the high turnover rate with employee incentives that actually mean something.

You get what you put in

Current Employee - Manager  in  Plymouth, MI
    Current Employee - Manager in Plymouth, MI

I have been working at Plastipak Holdings full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Loyal company, treats you right if you work hard for them. Management is hands on.

Cons

Can't just phone it in......

Let middle/lower level employees do what you pay them to do...

Worked for Plastipak Holdings? Contribute to the Community!