Platinum Supplemental Insurance

I was a producer

Former Employee - Insurance Sales  in  Marshall, IL
    Former Employee - Insurance Sales in Marshall, IL

I worked at Platinum Supplemental Insurance full-time for less than a year

Pros

The support from management was very strong and supportive.

Cons

Cold call business. When I resigned the company would not pay me for the apps. I traveled to the work site that might be as much as a 2 to 3 hours on my own dime. I paid for my motel stay for the four days that were required and of course I paid for my meals. If you did not do well signing apps. I found myself in a hole every week.

Listen to your producers out in the field, this is not a great position for people of color. Many of the farmers after seeing that there was a minority on their porch had already formed a ( NO) not because of the product but because of who or what I am. Leadership would not listen and would suggest it was our presentation that was all wrong.

Platinum Supplemental Insurance

Former Employee - Sales Agent  in  Wichita, KS
    Former Employee - Sales Agent in Wichita, KS

I worked at Platinum Supplemental Insurance full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great if you work hard. Plus renewals keep paying you. If you leave the company after 2 years you are 50% vested. After 5 years 100% vested. Overall Platinum helped me out financially as I was able to save up money to find my ideal job.

Cons

They sell you on the fact that you are your own boss, however they want you to work as much as possible. Also weekly expenses are around 400-500 just to work. That's hotels and gas. Most bonuses are not attainable by the average or even a good agent. They micromanage even though you are considered self employed. Also no benefits.

Stop micromanaging. Make your open and honest communication as such. Be honest with your agents. Stop decreasing the advances on pay it has hurt our production and is a bad idea. Try to grow in a sustainable manner. Value your good producers. No quick fixes.

It was good at first, then it all went to hell.

I worked at Platinum Supplemental Insurance full-time for less than a year

Pros

Good pay, met some really good people while working with Platinum. Able to help families gain some peace of mind with our product. Three day weekends. Have some bigs sales the first day or two and go home for the rest of the week. I was recovering from some medical issues and had to take a leave of absence. If not for this, I would still be with them. I really did enjoy working with Platinum. They have some really good folks that work for them.

Cons

They need to vet their hirees better. Especially when the new hirees have been placed on a "do not rehire" list with their former place of employment. Mandantory breakfast every dang morning. Drug out business meetings every dang morning. Other salesmen on the team encroaching into your area of sales. In other words, stealing from your family, and management does nothing about it.

Better training upfront. Vet your new hires better. When you have mutiple complaints about an individual encroaching on other team members, FIRE THEIR SORRY, LYING, CHEATING, STEALING BUTT! Come on guys, have some integrety. All you are doing is breading animosity in team when you let this stuff go on.

Worked for Platinum Supplemental Insurance? Contribute to the Community!