Playtech

Playtech Reviews

Updated Jun 18, 2014

Playtech CEO Mor Weizer

Mor Weizer

Good and stable company to work for

ProsProfessional challenges are always present
    Opportunities to grow for those who want to take them
    Many travel opportunities around the Europe
    If you want to grow you will definitely find a way.
    Employee is happy to invest in training.

ConsIt is common that you have to do 3-4 projects in parallel.

Not a good company

Software Developer (Former Employee) Sofia (Bulgaria)

ProsGood bonuses and in some cases salaries

ConsBoth project and business management act very unadequatly
    Almost unmaintainable, very bad code base
    Devs and QAs being blamed for far more great managerial mistakes
    Work life balance is very bad, because key developers doesn't have personal life
    Things are not done smart, but forced

Advice to Senior ManagementTry to follow some normal developmen processes, because chaos is not a process.

Nice place with nice people

Senior Web Developer (Former Employee) Sofia (Bulgaria)

ProsThe atmosphere in PT is very friendly. There is, though not that much, place for career growth. There are many events. Work is normal.

ConsToo many people come and go all the time. High management is often incompetent and mid-management has to fight with them almost all the time. High management is often changed or rearanged (almost every year and a half) which leads to huge disbalance.

Advice to Senior ManagementFind the right person to lead a product and leave him there for more than 1.5 years. Let him stick with the dev managers and etc. so that work can go smoothly. Often manager you hire have some fantastic vision of how things work, which costs mid and low level managers loads and loads of nerves and quarrels, to keep things normal.

– I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Great experience overall

Technical Support (Current Employee) Tartu (Estonia)

ProsGood and professional co-workers, stable company, nice equipment, great opportunities to grow within the company.

ConsHR team is extremely slow and irresponsive, in most cases tend to ignore the questions or problems reported.

Advice to Senior Managementinternal communication should be improved somehow.

Good place to be

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Sofia (Bulgaria)

ProsGreat colleagues, friendly atmosphere, interesting projects, nice company events, benefits (beverages, breakfast, food vouchers).
    Working in multicultural environment can be a challenge, but most of the times is great fun.

ConsSome people are not motivated enough and this is reflecting some of the daily work.
    The level of workload is high at some moments, which is creating temporary frustration among the teams.

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Tel Aviv-Yafo (Israel)

ProsGood benefits, great working environment, not very intense pressure

ConsBad management, very disorganized, no planning ahead

Advice to Senior ManagementLearn how to manage!

Mental degradation

Team Lead (Current Employee) Sofia (Bulgaria)

ProsRelatively good salary, BUT only if you manage to bargain it in the beginning. It will not be increased during the years.

Excellent team.

ConsI'm wondering where to start from. No, really I'm not kidding. So big company and so bad management it hurts.

Advice to Senior ManagementManagement? If there was really a proper management I would give some piece of advice.

Great people, not so great management

Project Manager, Poker (Current Employee) Sofia (Bulgaria)

ProsI met a lot of friends and came to respect a lot of professionalists in Playtech. Challenges are plenty, both from technical and management point of view. Your results get a public exposure in the company products.

ConsManagement needs to manage in a transparent way, making people understand the goals, product priorities and reasoning behind the management decisions. All that is missing and mass of the employees do not identify themselves with the company, it's goals and it's products.

Advice to Senior ManagementI read recently about Conway's Law: "Any organization that designs a system (defined broadly) will produce a design whose structure is a copy of the organization's communication structure."
    Stop jumping over layers in the management structure, quit micro-managing and let people take responsibility. Unless you believe in your experts, they will never believe in themselves and achieve as expected.

Good stable company. But there is no future career growing if you are not good personal friend of boss

Senior Software Developer (Former Employee)

ProsPlaytech is Gambling industry player. So it has enough rvenews to be stable and to pay middle leveled salaries for technical employee.

ConsThere is no chance to grow up if you are not a next of kin of someone of top managers.
    You won't find here neither interesting technologies, strict management or processes organisation. The main word is ASAP.

Advice to Senior ManagementPlease read something about Agail at lest.

God place for work with amazing people

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Sofia (Bulgaria)

ProsVery good young team, good payment and nice company events.

ConsThe company is business oriented and don't have free resource for real perfect software development. Bulgarian development is in dependent to Estonian and Israeli offices and don't have freedom to make the things as must.

Advice to Senior ManagementImprove work process. Very rarely this man that speak a lot can work a lot. Respect the people that are spend your time and your skill in the company otherwise you will lose them. And as last sometime when a lot people say that somebody is not suitable for specific position they maybe are right.

Worked for Playtech? Contribute to the Community!