Pleasant Holidays

Jack Richards

Great Company, Great People, Great Job

Management (Current Employee)
    Westlake Village, Los Angeles, CA

ProsExcellent benefits including travel. Good working environment. The culture is getting better and is constantly being looked at to improve morale. Like any job, it is what you make it. I like my job and am very happy to have the opportunity to do something I really love.

ConsToo many employees just don't care about the job. Excessive absenteeism that is not being controlled. Makes everyone have to pick up the slack. Nothing seems to be done with employees with bad attitudes.

Advice to Senior ManagementGet a better handle on employee attendance. Stop cottling the employees that don't want to work. Hold people accountable for their actions.

This has been a very challenging and rewarding position.

ProsPleasant Holidays provides the best benefits I've seen in decades. By working on another island from the corporate office, I work independently and have developed new skills and grown as a manager.

ConsThe salary is lower than what the job should pay. The managers have a tremendous amount of responsibilities, to the company, the hotels and their staff. Salary should be commiserate with those responsibilities.

Advice to Senior ManagementIncrease the salaries.

Job great Management not great at all.

Travel (Former Employee)
    Bakersfield, CA

ProsLoved helping people get the best for there dollar.Also loved booking Weddings for clients The whole job was great .We really learned alot working there.I want to stay in that line of work

ConsThe Management they dont care about their employees at all . The employees are just a dollar sign.Management has become really all about the dollar. But management dont realize without reservationist there would not be anyone to book the travel.

Advice to Senior ManagementStart valuing your employees. And try learning the system so you know whats really going on.And you really shouldnt keep your employees left in the dark like you have for so many years. We would hear of changes to company for travel agents.

• We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Deeply Disappointed

Manager (Former Employee)

Pros*Potentially strong travel benefits
    *Additional benefits

Cons*All travel must be scheduled far in advance, be approved by your supervisor and are completely 'at will' by the company (meaning they can decide not to approve trips or even vacation time at will)
    *Work environment completely dictated by supervisor
    *HR incapable of providing/enforcing employee rights

Advice to Senior Management*Consider working to improve employee moral within the departments with motivation and positive feedback
    *Do not allow those in management (or higher) positions to create hostile work environments. That has passively been allowed resulting in the loss of several talented employees, but due to the higher position of the person in charge, no change has happened.

Good Company with Excellent Benefits

Conicerge Manager (Current Employee)
    Kailua Kona, HI

ProsVery good benefits, no micromanaging, success is possible

ConsLow salary, staffing limitations, upper management of another island and California.

Advice to Senior ManagementIncrease staffing pars to allow coverage during vacations, illness and emergencies. Be honest when recruiting and interviewing.

old fashioned

Westlake Village, Los Angeles, CA

ProsSome travel benefits, but with strings attached.

ConsThe pay is really low, and no real benefits.

Long Hours and Low Pay.

Business Development Manager (Former Employee)
    Westlake Village, Los Angeles, CA

ProsOwned by AAA. Great travel perks. Company car for business development. Work from home.

ConsOn the road all the time. No GPS provided for driving. Expectation that you will work days, nights and weekends.

Advice to Senior ManagementHow about some coaching instead of immediate termination for very minor infractions? Lots of unhappy employees here.

Worked for Pleasant Holidays? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Pleasant Holidays reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Pleasant Holidays CEO Jack Richards. All 7 reviews posted anonymously by Pleasant Holidays employees.