Pleasant Holidays Reviews

2.7
Jack Richards

1. Many Diffrent Positions

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Westlake Village, Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at Pleasant Holidays full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Travel Benefits, over 19 years I have called PH my second home, my co-workers have become my best friends, strong Management and Trainers, company picnics, christmas drawings, catered lunches & the visiting Resorts are always happy to see us. I started working at PH when I was 21 years old, i am now 41 years old. My mother is a former employee and worked at PH over 20 years, she retired with wonderful memories.

Cons

None. How could I ever complain after 20 years? I would be a fool.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you are doing. I have had the best Supervisors, Trainer, Manager & VP.

Hawaii Sales Briefer: Great Coworkers, Poor management, No technical innovation (2005-2009)

Former Employee - Sales Representative in Honolulu, HI
    Former Employee - Sales Representative in Honolulu, HI

I worked at Pleasant Holidays part-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

- Great opportunity for young/college folks looking for a "first" job or for older folks looking for employment.
    - "Familiarization Tours" (actually going to tourist events/places for free to learn the ins and outs) were a great perk.
    - Most existing staff were there because they honestly loved helping people and enjoyed sharing all that is Hawaii.
    - Genuine opportunity to meet people in a positive environment and directly assist them in having a great time.

Cons

- Antiquated systems and Processes (everything was done on paper and then re-entered into a very poorly designed computer system on old slow computer w/ often dropping internet connectivity),
    - Liaised with predatory time share companies.
    - Semi-iffy business practices (free transportation into a Sales briefing, walk back unless you take a free tour to a Jewelry Shop, asking staff to be more pushy with certain sales with no regard to the resulting customer experience)
    - Extremely poor/no training in terms of customer support.

Advice to Management

Don't needlessly micro-manage people who know what they are doing (and have been working there longer than you have). Focus more on customer experience. Find ways to reward long time Sales people via non-direct performance incentives. Technically innovate (10 sales people handing work to 1-3 cashiers struggling to re-enter data data was extemely slow and poor customer experience; why don't all sales people ring up their own sales on laptops (or tablets)? Get better internet. Test your sales software with end users and for speed/efficiency).

3. Outdated technology and poor culture/welfare of the employee.

Current Employee - Reservations Department in Westlake Village, Los Angeles, CA
    Current Employee - Reservations Department in Westlake Village, Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at Pleasant Holidays full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Learn a lot about destinations around the world. Opportunity to travel exists. Great people to work with that love their jobs.

Cons

*Upper management does not show care about the "worker bees". They favor certain employees (the ones who happen to bring in big money) and don't speak to all staff as a team.
    *Company culture is non-existent: Clock in, work, clock out, go home. No team building at all. Just answer the phone as quickly as possible and don't question anyone.
    *Many grand ideas are thrown around but few are implemented.
    *Owned by AAA, few benefits related to that - how about complimentary membership?

Advice to Management

*Build culture or risk losing young employees! One company picnic a year is not good enough to say that you're holding events to keep people happy. Employees that play well, work well.
    *Technology needs to be cutting edge to profit - not being bandaged over and over again. It's hard to be competitive, when the systems and software don't match the business climate of today.
    *A travel company should have easy travel benefits, enough said.
    *Offer competitive salaries to grab the attention of job seekers and grow the company for the next many years (Increase the salaries!).
    *Don't keep the worker bees in the dark about the company's future.

Unhappy Employee

Current Employee - Reservation Specialist in Westlake, LA
    Current Employee - Reservation Specialist in Westlake, LA

I have been working at Pleasant Holidays full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Great traveling perks. Easy commute.

Cons

Low salary, schedule changes monthly, no room for advancement, to management your just a number. Supervisors are not helpful when you call one and ask for help. Work environment is very hostile.

Advice to Management

Care about your employees. It's ok to tell them job well done. Make us happy to come to work. Stop being so cheap giving employees a 5.00 dollar gift card. Increase the salary pay.

6. Great Company, Great People, Great Job

Current Employee - Management in Westlake Village, Los Angeles, CA
    Current Employee - Management in Westlake Village, Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at Pleasant Holidays full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Excellent benefits including travel. Good working environment. The culture is getting better and is constantly being looked at to improve morale. Like any job, it is what you make it. I like my job and am very happy to have the opportunity to do something I really love.

Cons

Too many employees just don't care about the job. Excessive absenteeism that is not being controlled. Makes everyone have to pick up the slack. Nothing seems to be done with employees with bad attitudes.

Advice to Management

Get a better handle on employee attendance. Stop cottling the employees that don't want to work. Hold people accountable for their actions.

This has been a very challenging and rewarding position.

I have been working at Pleasant Holidays full-time

Pros

Pleasant Holidays provides the best benefits I've seen in decades. By working on another island from the corporate office, I work independently and have developed new skills and grown as a manager.

Cons

The salary is lower than what the job should pay. The managers have a tremendous amount of responsibilities, to the company, the hotels and their staff. Salary should be commiserate with those responsibilities.

Advice to Management

Increase the salaries.

Job great Management not great at all.

Former Employee - Travel in Bakersfield, CA
    Former Employee - Travel in Bakersfield, CA

I worked at Pleasant Holidays full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Loved helping people get the best for there dollar.Also loved booking Weddings for clients The whole job was great .We really learned alot working there.I want to stay in that line of work

Cons

The Management they dont care about their employees at all . The employees are just a dollar sign.Management has become really all about the dollar. But management dont realize without reservationist there would not be anyone to book the travel.

Advice to Management

Start valuing your employees. And try learning the system so you know whats really going on.And you really shouldnt keep your employees left in the dark like you have for so many years. We would hear of changes to company for travel agents.

Deeply Disappointed

Former Employee - Manager
    Former Employee - Manager

I worked at Pleasant Holidays full-time

Pros

*Potentially strong travel benefits
    *Additional benefits

Cons

*All travel must be scheduled far in advance, be approved by your supervisor and are completely 'at will' by the company (meaning they can decide not to approve trips or even vacation time at will)
    *Work environment completely dictated by supervisor
    *HR incapable of providing/enforcing employee rights

Advice to Management

*Consider working to improve employee moral within the departments with motivation and positive feedback
    *Do not allow those in management (or higher) positions to create hostile work environments. That has passively been allowed resulting in the loss of several talented employees, but due to the higher position of the person in charge, no change has happened.

Good Company with Excellent Benefits

Current Employee - Conicerge Manager in Kailua Kona, HI
    Current Employee - Conicerge Manager in Kailua Kona, HI

I have been working at Pleasant Holidays full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Very good benefits, no micromanaging, success is possible

Cons

Low salary, staffing limitations, upper management of another island and California.

Advice to Management

Increase staffing pars to allow coverage during vacations, illness and emergencies. Be honest when recruiting and interviewing.

11. old fashioned

I have been working at Pleasant Holidays

Pros

Some travel benefits, but with strings attached.

Cons

The pay is really low, and no real benefits.