Pleasant Holidays

Great Company, Great People, Great Job

Current Employee - Management  in  Westlake Village, Los Angeles, CA
    Current Employee - Management in Westlake Village, Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at Pleasant Holidays full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Excellent benefits including travel. Good working environment. The culture is getting better and is constantly being looked at to improve morale. Like any job, it is what you make it. I like my job and am very happy to have the opportunity to do something I really love.

Cons

Too many employees just don't care about the job. Excessive absenteeism that is not being controlled. Makes everyone have to pick up the slack. Nothing seems to be done with employees with bad attitudes.

Get a better handle on employee attendance. Stop cottling the employees that don't want to work. Hold people accountable for their actions.

Unhappy Employee

Current Employee - Reservation Specialist  in  Westlake, LA
    Current Employee - Reservation Specialist in Westlake, LA

I have been working at Pleasant Holidays full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great traveling perks. Easy commute.

Cons

Low salary, schedule changes monthly, no room for advancement, to management your just a number. Supervisors are not helpful when you call one and ask for help. Work environment is very hostile.

Care about your employees. It's ok to tell them job well done. Make us happy to come to work. Stop being so cheap giving employees a 5.00 dollar gift card. Increase the salary pay.

This has been a very challenging and rewarding position.

I have been working at Pleasant Holidays full-time

Pros

Pleasant Holidays provides the best benefits I've seen in decades. By working on another island from the corporate office, I work independently and have developed new skills and grown as a manager.

Cons

The salary is lower than what the job should pay. The managers have a tremendous amount of responsibilities, to the company, the hotels and their staff. Salary should be commiserate with those responsibilities.

Increase the salaries.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Job great Management not great at all.

Former Employee - Travel  in  Bakersfield, CA
    Former Employee - Travel in Bakersfield, CA

I worked at Pleasant Holidays full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Loved helping people get the best for there dollar.Also loved booking Weddings for clients The whole job was great .We really learned alot working there.I want to stay in that line of work

Cons

The Management they dont care about their employees at all . The employees are just a dollar sign.Management has become really all about the dollar. But management dont realize without reservationist there would not be anyone to book the travel.

Start valuing your employees. And try learning the system so you know whats really going on.And you really shouldnt keep your employees left in the dark like you have for so many years. We would hear of changes to company for travel agents.

Deeply Disappointed

Former Employee - Manager
    Former Employee - Manager

I worked at Pleasant Holidays full-time

Pros

*Potentially strong travel benefits
    *Additional benefits

Cons

*All travel must be scheduled far in advance, be approved by your supervisor and are completely 'at will' by the company (meaning they can decide not to approve trips or even vacation time at will)
    *Work environment completely dictated by supervisor
    *HR incapable of providing/enforcing employee rights

*Consider working to improve employee moral within the departments with motivation and positive feedback
    *Do not allow those in management (or higher) positions to create hostile work environments. That has passively been allowed resulting in the loss of several talented employees, but due to the higher position of the person in charge, no change has happened.

Good Company with Excellent Benefits

Current Employee - Conicerge Manager  in  Kailua Kona, HI
    Current Employee - Conicerge Manager in Kailua Kona, HI

I have been working at Pleasant Holidays full-time for less than a year

Pros

Very good benefits, no micromanaging, success is possible

Cons

Low salary, staffing limitations, upper management of another island and California.

Increase staffing pars to allow coverage during vacations, illness and emergencies. Be honest when recruiting and interviewing.

old fashioned

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Westlake Village, Los Angeles, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Westlake Village, Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at Pleasant Holidays

Pros

Some travel benefits, but with strings attached.

Cons

The pay is really low, and no real benefits.

Long Hours and Low Pay.

Former Employee - Business Development Manager  in  Westlake Village, Los Angeles, CA
    Former Employee - Business Development Manager in Westlake Village, Los Angeles, CA

I worked at Pleasant Holidays

Pros

Owned by AAA. Great travel perks. Company car for business development. Work from home.

Cons

On the road all the time. No GPS provided for driving. Expectation that you will work days, nights and weekends.

How about some coaching instead of immediate termination for very minor infractions? Lots of unhappy employees here.

Worked for Pleasant Holidays? Contribute to the Community!