Plex Systems, Inc. Reviews

Reset
4.7
Plex Systems, Inc. CEO Jason Blessing
Jason Blessing

Pros
  • Cool industry, great work environment (in 7 reviews)

• This personal responsibility ranges from liberal flex time to personal ownership of key functional areas in the code base (in 5 reviews)

Cons
  • Like any growing company, Plex is still working on developing its overall infrastructure (in 6 reviews)

• As with any growing company, there are definitely some growing pains but this is opportunity for future improvement (in 5 reviews)

1. Featured Review

I actually enjoy coming to work everyday

I have been working at Plex Systems, Inc. full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

A company that's growing exponentially, forward-thinking management, empowering environment, excellent benefits, great culture, good people and top-notch product that is in high demand. No one is looking over your shoulder and micro-managing at Plex. Employees are treated with respect and given the freedom to devise their own solutions. You come as you please, you work as you please, and you leave as you please. As long as you're intelligent and do quality work on time, this is one of the best--if not the best--places to work in Michigan and in the U.S.

Cons

Better salary for entry-level positions, but there are opportunities for bonuses and raises throughout the year. Like any other job you have to prove yourself before you deserve to make the big bucks.

2. Great atmosphere, high growth company

Current Employee - Manager Level in Troy, MI
    Current Employee - Manager Level in Troy, MI

I have been working at Plex Systems, Inc. full-time (More than a year)

Pros

- The company is growing fast, so there is massive potential for everyone to make an impact on the company's future success.
    - The technology and services we provide have an extremely positive impact on our customers' businesses. It feels like we are actively contributing to the resurgence of the manufacturing industry.
    - I have found that there is a refreshing lack of "office politics." It truly feels like everyone is on the same team. While people may disagree with each other from time to time, in the end, everyone at Plex wants what is best for our customers, our company and our team.
    - Beyond the actual work, Plex is a very tight-knit community. Coworkers are often close friends outside of work and there is no shortage of after-hours activities, rec sports leagues, happy hours, etc.

Cons

- There are always growing pains associated with being a high growth company, however the management team has, for the most part, navigated this issue very well.

Advice to Management

Continue to be transparent with us and continue to foster the culture that makes Plex so unique.

Growing Pains with Opportunity

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Troy, MI

I have been working at Plex Systems, Inc.

Pros

Casual work attire, somewhat flexible hours, unlimited vacation,

Cons

Becoming much more corporate in nature. Difficulty in executing to plan. 401K plan choices limited.

Advice to Management

Learn to partner those with specific experience set with seasoned employees who know the business for success. Seasoned employees are just as valuable as those with the specific skill sets but no industry experience.

Great company with a bright future

I have been working at Plex Systems, Inc. full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great work environment, strong team work, nice people, interesting product and customers. Very well positioned in the marketplace - no real competition - and a huge market that is just now moving to the cloud. Flexible time off policies, generous maternity / paternity leave policies.

Cons

No real negatives. This is a company that is working on maturing it's processes as it grows and that is getting better. Company can improve formalizing career management / personal growth so employees can maximize the career benefits of working at a growing company.

Advice to Management

Stay the course. Plex is on the right track to being a great company.

Terrific place to work!

Current Employee - Product Marketing in Pleasanton, CA
    Current Employee - Product Marketing in Pleasanton, CA

I have been working at Plex Systems, Inc. full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Top notch talent throughout every level of the company.

Cons

More travel than I prefer.

Freedom, Flexibility and Fun

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Troy, MI

I have been working at Plex Systems, Inc. full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Plex is one of the most forward thinking and progressive companies that I have ever worked for. Not only are they an industry leader from a product perspective, but they are industry innovators when it comes to work environment and culture. From one of the most flexible work environments around to the ability to think freely and speak your mind with the reassurance that you're being heard, Plex is truly a top employer not only in the tech industry but in Metro Detroit as well.

Cons

From a salary perspective, Plex has been known to fall a little behind in paying competitively. HOWEVER, with recent investments and being put on a path for aggressive growth, Plex has put forth a very strong effort to overcome this challenge. I am confident that this is no longer an issue. The other benefits (flexible schedule, 401K, work/life balance, unlimited vacation time) outweigh this issue.

Hands down best company I've worked for

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Pleasanton, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Pleasanton, CA

I have been working at Plex Systems, Inc. full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I've never enjoyed work more. The people are passionate, the product is world-class, the customers are happy, the culture is so so sooo fun! The leadership team is 100% committed to the employees. Employees are regularly recognized for their contributions, work hours are flexible, we're encouraged to inject fun into our days and it all results in the team wanting to give no less than 100% of our efforts back.

Cons

I jumped right in as soon as I was hired and hit the ground running. I'm not someone who needs a lot of hand holding and I'm pretty resourceful at finding information and answers. I can see though how it can be challenging for a new hire to navigate the waters in the beginning. I'm seeing lots of improvements right now being made by the company to offer more deliberate and impactful training and employee on-boarding. It's an area of improvement that the management team has recognized and is making efforts to correct. I'd love the opportunity to also go back and sit through the training, especially to gain more in-depth education on our offerings.

Successful Company Created by Awesome People and Culture

Current Employee - Senior Account Executive in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Senior Account Executive in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Plex Systems, Inc. full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The people are super qualified and focused on success. Great work life appreciation. People are cool, smart, funny, great at their jobs. I have worked at companies where the focus was on their own success. Plex is uniqe that it is jointly focused on our customers and Plex's success.

Cons

Lots of change due to growth of the company...I am new so it doesn't affect me, but does with longer term employees. The change needs to happen to scale and grow the business. People need to be flexible and change with it.

Advice to Management

Don't lose the culture that we have today (2014). Keep doing the all company quarterly meetings. Keep bringing awesome people onto the team. Don't let the atmosphere become too political and overly processed driven during our high growth period!

Great company with even greater potential

Current Employee - Administration in Troy, MI
    Current Employee - Administration in Troy, MI

I have been working at Plex Systems, Inc. full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

The company is growing, even faster in recent years. We have new, talented leadership in place to help the company reach it's full potential. The product is solid, and we are seeing really cool stuff in R&D. Employees are happy, motivated, and passionate. It is amazing to see how collaborative everyone truly is, and the positive impact that it has both on the company and for customers. I really enjoy working with the hard working and talented employees at Plex.

Cons

As with any growing company, there are definitely some growing pains but this is opportunity for future improvement.

Advice to Management

Keep trying to enable employees to be happy, and therefore productive by fostering the great culture that Plex has built upon so far.

Best company I have worked for in my career

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Troy, MI

I have been working at Plex Systems, Inc. full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great people, leadership, product and culture. The leadership and management trust their employees to do their job and give them the flexibility to do it when and how they want to. The new 15th floor employee lounge that includes pool tables, ping pong tables, shuffleboard, bubble hockey, golf simulator, Playstaion 4, xbox One, fully stocked kitchen, numerous TV's, etc... is a huge asset to local employee for taking a break and also a great area for open collaboration. The Plex Manufacturing Cloud is ahead of the industry and the company continues to find ways to continue to innovate the manufacturing plant floor with things like Google Glass and wearable devices. Overall Plex is a great place to work with the excitement of explosive growth.

Cons

With the company growing so fast the potential for career growth is there but currently there is a lack of structure around what that career path is.

RSS Feed </> Embed