Plex Systems, Inc.

Updated December 17, 2014
4.8

Plex Systems, Inc. CEO Jason Blessing
Jason Blessing

Pros
  • Cool industry, great work environment (in 7 reviews)

• This personal responsibility ranges from liberal flex time to personal ownership of key functional areas in the code base (in 5 reviews)

Cons
  • Like any growing company, Plex is still working on developing its overall infrastructure (in 6 reviews)

• Typical growing pains as the company balances processes and discipline with speed and innovation (in 5 reviews)

More Highlights

I actually enjoy coming to work everyday

I have been working at Plex Systems, Inc. full-time (less than an year)

Pros

A company that's growing exponentially, forward-thinking management, empowering environment, excellent benefits, great culture, good people and top-notch product that is in high demand. No one is looking over your shoulder and micro-managing at Plex. Employees are treated with respect and given the freedom to devise their own solutions. You come as you please, you work as you please, and you leave as you please. As long as you're intelligent and do quality work on time, this is one of the best--if not the best--places to work in Michigan and in the U.S.

Cons

Better salary for entry-level positions, but there are opportunities for bonuses and raises throughout the year. Like any other job you have to prove yourself before you deserve to make the big bucks.

Hands down best company I've worked for

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Pleasanton, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Pleasanton, CA

I have been working at Plex Systems, Inc. full-time (less than an year)

Pros

I've never enjoyed work more. The people are passionate, the product is world-class, the customers are happy, the culture is so so sooo fun! The leadership team is 100% committed to the employees. Employees are regularly recognized for their contributions, work hours are flexible, we're encouraged to inject fun into our days and it all results in the team wanting to give no less than 100% of our efforts back.

Cons

I jumped right in as soon as I was hired and hit the ground running. I'm not someone who needs a lot of hand holding and I'm pretty resourceful at finding information and answers. I can see though how it can be challenging for a new hire to navigate the waters in the beginning. I'm seeing lots of improvements right now being made by the company to offer more deliberate and impactful training and employee on-boarding. It's an area of improvement that the management team has recognized and is making efforts to correct. I'd love the opportunity to also go back and sit through the training, especially to gain more in-depth education on our offerings.

Terrific place to work!

Current Employee - Product Marketing in Pleasanton, CA
    Current Employee - Product Marketing in Pleasanton, CA

I have been working at Plex Systems, Inc. full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Top notch talent throughout every level of the company.

Cons

More travel than I prefer.

So happy to be working at Plex

I have been working at Plex Systems, Inc. full-time (less than an year)

Pros

-Great culture
    -Flexibility
    -Ability to voice your opinion
    -Work with people who are passionate
    -Hiring the right people to help make Plex successful as we continue to grow
    -Management treats you like an adult- allows you to get your work done

Cons

-No documentation for certain processes so it's hard finding who can answer specific questions you have
    -Career paths in some departments are lacking. It would be nice to know what to expect as you progress in your career

Keep sharing with the employees what is going on in our business/company. The transparency is good and welcomed.

Engaging Work, Unique and Positive Culture, Flexibility; a Progressive Workplace

I have been working at Plex Systems, Inc. full-time (more than an year)

Pros

work-life balance is important; better than average benefits and options; recently adopted unlimited PTO policy; large, entertainment space on top floor; high-growth business with plenty of opportunity; engaging and dynamically changing workloads; no micromanagement, positively awesome culture and people; relaxed dress code; flexible work schedule; telecommuting; free food (snacks, meals, drinks, and more)

Cons

many leadership changes lately leading to drastic changes in direction; occasional, slow internal decision-making; employer benefits contributions could be greater; internal communications issues; common, fast-growing company issues

make communication your main objective, be as transparent as possible, set expectations at every level, adopt a more effective employee appraisal process, always remember that your people are your greatest assets

Freedom, Flexibility and Fun

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Troy, MI

I have been working at Plex Systems, Inc. full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Plex is one of the most forward thinking and progressive companies that I have ever worked for. Not only are they an industry leader from a product perspective, but they are industry innovators when it comes to work environment and culture. From one of the most flexible work environments around to the ability to think freely and speak your mind with the reassurance that you're being heard, Plex is truly a top employer not only in the tech industry but in Metro Detroit as well.

Cons

From a salary perspective, Plex has been known to fall a little behind in paying competitively. HOWEVER, with recent investments and being put on a path for aggressive growth, Plex has put forth a very strong effort to overcome this challenge. I am confident that this is no longer an issue. The other benefits (flexible schedule, 401K, work/life balance, unlimited vacation time) outweigh this issue.

Successful Company Created by Awesome People and Culture

Current Employee - Senior Account Executive in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Senior Account Executive in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Plex Systems, Inc. full-time (less than an year)

Pros

The people are super qualified and focused on success. Great work life appreciation. People are cool, smart, funny, great at their jobs. I have worked at companies where the focus was on their own success. Plex is uniqe that it is jointly focused on our customers and Plex's success.

Cons

Lots of change due to growth of the company...I am new so it doesn't affect me, but does with longer term employees. The change needs to happen to scale and grow the business. People need to be flexible and change with it.

Don't lose the culture that we have today (2014). Keep doing the all company quarterly meetings. Keep bringing awesome people onto the team. Don't let the atmosphere become too political and overly processed driven during our high growth period!

Great company with even greater potential

Current Employee - Administration in Troy, MI
    Current Employee - Administration in Troy, MI

I have been working at Plex Systems, Inc. full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

The company is growing, even faster in recent years. We have new, talented leadership in place to help the company reach it's full potential. The product is solid, and we are seeing really cool stuff in R&D. Employees are happy, motivated, and passionate. It is amazing to see how collaborative everyone truly is, and the positive impact that it has both on the company and for customers. I really enjoy working with the hard working and talented employees at Plex.

Cons

As with any growing company, there are definitely some growing pains but this is opportunity for future improvement.

Keep trying to enable employees to be happy, and therefore productive by fostering the great culture that Plex has built upon so far.

Amazing Company! Amazing Product! Amazing People!

I have been working at Plex Systems, Inc. full-time (more than an year)

Pros

The list of Pros is really hard to write because I could be here all day. If you want an exciting, growing and fast paced company, this is the place. If you want to work hard and then have the opportunity to play hard, this is the place. If you want to work for a company that gives back to the community, this is the place. If you want to work for a software company that actually has happy customers, this is the place.

Cons

Every company has room to improve and Plex is no exception. But, the great thing about Plex is that they listen to employee surveys and implement changes.

With the addition of all the new Chief level positions departments have been re-organized. This was sorely needed. However, be sure to give existing talent a chance before bringing in an entire new team of people that you previously worked with. There is a great talent pool at Plex.

Best company I have worked for in my career

I have been working at Plex Systems, Inc. full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Great people, leadership, product and culture. The leadership and management trust their employees to do their job and give them the flexibility to do it when and how they want to. The new 15th floor employee lounge that includes pool tables, ping pong tables, shuffleboard, bubble hockey, golf simulator, Playstaion 4, xbox One, fully stocked kitchen, numerous TV's, etc... is a huge asset to local employee for taking a break and also a great area for open collaboration. The Plex Manufacturing Cloud is ahead of the industry and the company continues to find ways to continue to innovate the manufacturing plant floor with things like Google Glass and wearable devices. Overall Plex is a great place to work with the excitement of explosive growth.

Cons

With the company growing so fast the potential for career growth is there but currently there is a lack of structure around what that career path is.

Plex Systems, Inc. Photos