Plex Systems, Inc.

Plex Systems, Inc. Reviews

Updated Apr 14, 2014

Plex Systems, Inc. CEO Jason Blessing

Jason Blessing

Proud to be an employee!

Troy, MI

I have been working at Plex Systems, Inc. full-time for more than a year

ProsPlex Systems is a great place to work! I am surrounded by people that are bright, engaged, and hard-working and their passion for what we do as a company shows no matter where you look. We have a great product (dare I say "the BEST"?) and a phenomenal team supporting it! I am so proud to be a part of this team!

ConsThere continue to be some "bumps in the road" as we grow larger, but we work together to find the right solution both for us as a company and for our customers.

Advice to Senior ManagementManufacturing and ERP both have unique considerations for our customers (both future and present). You have a team that KNOWS what they are doing - don't be afraid to count on them and trust what they tell you. We've been doing this for a long time now and no one wants to see you all succeed more than we do!

Senior Software Developer

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at Plex Systems, Inc. full-time for more than 3 years

ProsCool industry, great work environment.

ConsVery very cliquey, long time employees think they are special even though they hold technical relics.

Great environment with executives you really care.

I have been working at Plex Systems, Inc.

ProsA relaxed work environment with passionate co-workers. Everyone is pushing to make Plex the greatest ERP company. A lot of potential for career advancement.

ConsEmployees can be somewhat clicky. Some have been working for Plex too long and have not adopted the new way of doing things.

A great place to work, live and have fun.

I have been working at Plex Systems, Inc. full-time

Pros*Almost everyone gets a private office
*Free snacks and drinks
*Friendly and laid back co-workers.
*Upper management is great and approachable.

Cons*Some people take advantage of the perks and the laid back atmosphere.

Advice to Senior Management*Keep doing what you have always done. Don't become just another corporation. Strive to be the next Google, not the next Microsoft.

If you have experience, this not the place for you.

Software Engineer (Current Employee)
Troy, MI

I have been working at Plex Systems, Inc. full-time for more than a year

ProsFree Food, beer in the fridge.

ConsThe "University" is a joke. There is no real training.
Once you graduate, you get locked into a closet office.
The company does NOT have a QA department.
The emphasis is on billing customers. Not on building solid code.
No concern for Data Quality.

Advice to Senior ManagementFix the database issues,
It is the life blood of our customers!

Implement cross-functional teams,
Add a QA department.
Hire REAL Business analysts.
Gather business requirement.

I had a very good experience at Plex.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at Plex Systems, Inc.

ProsCloud technology, intelligent Team, great customers.

ConsLimited view of the world outside the Midwest.

Great company that cares about it's employees.

I have been working at Plex Systems, Inc. full-time for more than 5 years

ProsThe best aspect of being part of Plex is the opportunity to work along side smart, passionate people. Employees are treated with respect and get ahead based on the merits of their work rather then how long they have been with the company. Employees are given a lot of responsibility but also the freedom to accomplish their day to day tasks without being micromanaged. The work environment is fast paced, and rarely seems repetitive.

The company has grown significantly in the last couple of years, providing many new opportunities and positions within the company.

ConsBeing a SaaS company means that customers are using the software 24x7, employees are expected to be on call to match.

Projects often have aggressive deadlines which can lead to working long hours.

Advice to Senior ManagementPlex has a great culture, make sure that we don't lose it as the company continues to grow.

No training for new employees. No clear vision on where company is headed

Software Developer (Former Employee)

I worked at Plex Systems, Inc. full-time for more than a year

ProsSnacks, game room, company events

ConsNo sick time. Expect too much from employee and stress levels are high. Not a team environment. Misleading to customers

Advice to Senior ManagementGet to know your employees instead of expecting unrealistic goals

Great People, Challenging Work, Empowering Environment

I have been working at Plex Systems, Inc. full-time for less than a year

ProsAs a new employee, I am VERY impressed. Plex employees are a very collaborative group of folks who are genuinely friendly, respectful, and professional. Plex empowers employees to be their best, and provides opportunities to engage in challenging work that impacts the success of our customers. Great work environment, with game rooms, snacks, lots of Plex gear, plus an understanding that we have a personal life, too.

ConsLike any growing company, Plex is still working on developing its overall infrastructure. While improving, some processes are still a bit manual.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep up the excellent work. You have a whole bunch of extremely dedicated and passionate employees who are ready to help take this company to the next level. Settle for nothing less than excellence!

Amazing culture, challenging work, and extremely rewarding

Software Engineer (Current Employee)

I have been working at Plex Systems, Inc. full-time for less than a year

ProsYou're going to be working alongside some of the most intelligent software engineers you'll ever meet at Plex. The culture is amazing, and other software engineers will go out of their way to help you out when you need it.

At the same time, you get a lot of independence and freedom. It's really up to you to make your own way at Plex, and you need to be self-motivated at Plex. However, this also means that you feel empowered to make your own decisions, and that makes the job extremely rewarding.

ConsThe company policy of flex time means making up the hours instead of getting a free pass when you have car troubles/etc that most managers would normally just let you take off. However, you get a lot more power to chose what hours you work as a result.

The speed at which the company is growing means you have to keep adjusting as well. You'll be doing challenging work all the time.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep the company culture. Without it, Plex would suffer significantly.

Worked for Plex Systems, Inc.? Contribute to the Community!

Plex Systems, Inc. Videos

Plex Systems, Inc. – Why Work for Us?

What's Next from Plex Systems on Vimeo. Who is Plex? Since 1995, Plex Systems has maintained a singular vision — to drive significant cost, quality and productivity improvements fo manufacturers via intelligent use of… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Plex Systems, Inc. reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Plex Systems, Inc. CEO Jason Blessing. All 28 reviews posted anonymously by Plex Systems, Inc. employees.