Plexus Chamber of Commerce for the LGBT Community and Allies

Employment Status

Reset
2.9
CEO

1. Was a very interesting company to work for.

Former Employee - Buyer in Nampa, ID
    Former Employee - Buyer in Nampa, ID

I worked at Plexus Chamber of Commerce for the LGBT Community and Allies full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I liked the team atmosphere of the company.

Cons

Sometimes the MRP was not correct.

Advice to Management

Some of the suppliers could be better served by local companies that would be less costly and quicker to get.

2. Big ideas, with no organized way as to how to get there, but it looks good!

Former Employee - Administrative Assistant in Cleveland, OH
    Former Employee - Administrative Assistant in Cleveland, OH

I worked at Plexus Chamber of Commerce for the LGBT Community and Allies part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

If you need networking experience or want to network (not what I needed or required at the time for the field of work I was looking into) with major organizations or companies great opportunity.

Cons

Board members know Plexus NEEDS, so do members...organization. President seems to know what HE wants. He is very busy with various other things and does not let go even a little of the Plexus responsibility even though that is why he hired an Administrative Assistant.
    They weren't prepared for an employee. The organization decided in Apr to hire an employee and when it was time for me to receive my first paycheck and they hired me in July they had not set up a system to pay an employee so when it was time to pay me in Aug I was asked "Is it ok if we pay you late?" That was the last straw of disorganization for me.

Advice to Management

That the BOD, a panel/survey of members, and the head of the Plexus foundation as well as the President of Plexus sit down really decide what they NEED for the organization and out of the new Administrative Assistant that they hire so that this person is not hearing one thing from the recruiter (that they are there to reorganize the organization), one thing from board members and members (that the organization is a mess and they can not wait until they start, and then when they try to do organize receive 2 hour lectures from the president stating that this is not what you were hired for you were hired to be support only and you are just to do what you are told).

3. Not a company that will grow your career. They are more important on profit.

Current Employee - Mechanical Design Manager in Kuala Lumpur (Malaysia)
    Current Employee - Mechanical Design Manager in Kuala Lumpur (Malaysia)

I have been working at Plexus Chamber of Commerce for the LGBT Community and Allies full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Not much benefits to the employees

Cons

Very profit orientated , squeeze employee to the limit.

Advice to Management

Too many Vice Presidents , directors and managers making it not profitable. Why not cut the heavy head and get more lower rank people to work.

5. I am one year experice in Bayan Lepas Plexus

Current Employee - SQE in Penang, East Java (Indonesia)
    Current Employee - SQE in Penang, East Java (Indonesia)

I have been working at Plexus Chamber of Commerce for the LGBT Community and Allies full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Good working Environment at plexus

Cons

Stress and high workload environment

Advice to Management

To manage balance managemenet culture