Plexus

Be The First To
Add Photos

Plexus President, CEO, and Director Dean A. Foate

Dean A. Foate

Pros:
  • "Good working environment, with good project management"
    in 5 reviews
  • "Most managers are easy to work with allowing good work / life balance"
    in 3 reviews
Cons:

Reviews

Grow your career

Neenah, WI

I have been working at Plexus full-time for less than a year

ProsBright employees, great team environment
Growth within company
Innovative and important work

ConsVolatile market means peaks and valleys

Advice to Senior ManagementMore transparency with direction of company

Systems Analyst - Sr

Neenah, WI

I have been working at Plexus full-time

ProsThere are many very smart people at Plexus, many of whom pour their heart and soul into their work. These people are a joy to work with.

ConsSevere cost cutting (layoffs) have left many groups, such as IT, very short-handed. It does not appear that this will be changing in the near future.

Advice to Senior ManagementStop worrying solely about the current stock price and focus on the 5, 10 and 20 year picture.

Hard working employees are not respected and underpaid

QA, Preship (Former Employee)

I worked at Plexus full-time for more than 10 years

ProsPlexus will hire just about anyone for the production floor. If you really need a job and overtime. It is a good place for someone to start out of high school.

ConsOften the production staff would come into work very negative because it didn't seem to matter how hard we worked. It was never enough in quantity or quality. The upper management really had no idea of the workings of the production floor.

Advice to Senior ManagementPlease hire supervisors who are "people" persons. The work environment would be so much less negative if there were more supervisors who would treat the production staff as if their input mattered.

We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Good People Poor Company and Senior Management

Engineer (Former Employee)
Raleigh, NC

I worked at Plexus full-time

ProsGreat Engineers on personal and professional level & Culture (But both are eroding quickly)

ConsSub-Par pay
Sub-Par benefits (No bonus for engineers Average of 3% raises each year)
Sub-Par management (Management has low average of experience and little product development experience)
Management just permanently removed bonuses for engineers stating that it isn't the "Norm" for engineers to get bonuses!
Management completely discounts experienced engineers, and the career path of being only an engineer and not a manager.
Upper management is disconnected from mid level management and engineering, accountability has been lost for managers.

Advice to Senior ManagementYou've lost several great engineers over the past 6 months, pay attentions to the attrition before it's to late.

Stop letting manufacturing drive your decisions.

Big marketing company but Pool Management from top to the bottom

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)
San Jose, CA

I worked at Plexus full-time for less than a year

ProsCan not find any good thing about this company. Sorry

ConsAs the title mentioned, Spent a lot money on the marketing and package the company. But, very pool management from the HQ to site, from CEO to site production supervisor. Particularly the San Jose (Fremont) site. There are large turn over rate, specially on the project / program management role. There are 9 PMs left in the past 2 years.

Advice to Senior ManagementNo advice to the management, they should know better than me as management.

John and Pete's vision destroyed by Dean and his minions

Senior Management (Current Employee)
Appleton, WI

I have been working at Plexus full-time for more than 10 years

Prosin the 90's - a great place to work where ALL workers were treated well

ConsNOW it's only the very top view who see stock options, bonus and increases in salary. Only the very top will be given the chance to retire from Plexus. When you reach a certain level they will let you go before giving you a chance to retire. In the 25+ years Plexus has been in business - you can count the number of retiries on two hands.

Advice to Senior ManagementDean and especially Mike.... Time to Retire - let someone who knows how to grow a business take over AND nurture TOP clients.

Enjoyed working on a variety of projects

Product Engineer (Former Employee)
Raleigh, NC

I worked at Plexus full-time for more than a year

ProsThe working environment is Friendly and the varied content of contract projects can be more interesting than companies with a small product line. Also, overtime is rare.

ConsVery few employees are over 40 and there is a focus on new college graduates. There is some pressure to move into management, which can be pro or con depending on what you like to do., equipment budgets are sometimes small, depending on the terms of customer contracts.

Advice to Senior ManagementSome "grey hair" is valuable.

Treated like a 2nd grader

Quality Engineer (Former Employee)

I worked at Plexus full-time for more than 8 years

ProsFellow employees are good people.

ConsTreated like you're in 2nd grade. Tick sheets for idiot bosses to look at to see what you're doing throughout the day. Maybe they should really get to know you and your job. Technicians are red headed step children. Management complaints are always directed at test department. Something went wrong? Let's just blame test. Way too many overpaid cube staff that don't have a clue but their good to go because they have a 4 year degree right? Turnover ratio is just unbelievable. Never seen anything like it. All the good employees leave. The people who suck up move up. CEO is arrogant.

Advice to Senior ManagementCommunicate with your people and start really caring instead of pretending to.

Engineering Solutions - fun place to work

Boulder, CO

I have been working at Plexus full-time for more than 3 years

ProsGreat people to work with, sharp engineers. Working hours not too bad (<45 hrs per week). Decent benefits and perks. Direct customer interaction, challenging and diverse project work.

ConsSalaries a little low. Gender ratio pretty bad (<10% women) in Engineering design centers.

Very disorganized management system with over-use of temporary workers.

Test Technician (Former Employee)

I worked at Plexus

Pros-Relaxed work environment
-Excellent set of benefits (health, dental, vision, life insurance, 401k matching)

Cons-Hires a lot of temps and treats them poorly. Lets temps work for up to 2 years, and then dumps them in favor of new temps.
-If you are a temp, it is very difficult to get hired on as a full employee.
- Insane policies. Will have workers take mandatory days off, and then during the same week, have mandatory overtime on the weekend.
- No raises. There are small base raises that each employee gets every year (around 2 to 4 percent), but that is all. There are no promotional raises or anything like that.

Worked for Plexus? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Plexus reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Plexus CEO Dean A. Foate. All 69 reviews posted anonymously by Plexus employees.