Plexus

Be The First To
Add Photos

Plexus President, CEO, and Director Dean A. Foate

Dean A. Foate

Pros
  • Most managers are easy to work with allowing good work / life balance(in 4 reviews)

• Good people to work with as peers(in 5 reviews)

Cons
  • upper management/ engineers is only worried about their self image other than actually doing work that benefits the company(in 4 reviews)

• I think as the company is growing it is losing alot of its family values(in 3 reviews)

A place for a job; but not a career

(Technical) (Current Employee) Neenah, WI

Prosa paycheck
    people in the trenches as well as low level bosses are generally friendly & helpful
    no micromanaging (management probably just too lazy; otherwise they probably would)

ConsMy experience with plexus has been very disappointing. The old timers tell about how good it was years ago when plexus was a small local company. Now it is just a standard soulless American corporation where $$$ is almighty and the workers are looked upon as just money sucking nuisances. Workers benefits have slowly eroded over this last recession despite having record sales for many of the quarters. Last week we got the news that they are going to start issuing demerit points for being sick; even if you have sick leave left! The corporation doesn't utilize their talent base as many people are way over qualified for their job responsibilities. Management is reluctant to giving internal promotions or even letting people transfer from the Neenah, WI plants to the Appleton, WI plants because they are overly afraid of filling the holes with someone worse. And woe to the general low level factory worker. Not only have their jobs become scarce do to the abuse of over using temps, but their wages are barely enough to live on at best.

My advice is to skip this company unless you really need a job and to continue to look for a place to have a real career.

Advice to Senior Management1) Stop treating your workers like little children. The policies of the company toward their workers look more like they were written by a vice principal of a high school verses a corporate HR department. We are suppose to all be adults here. If your workers are that immature, why did you hire them in the first place?!
    2) Really empower your workers. Don't just pay lip service to this. I have never been involved with such a top down company in my life. Even the focus factory managers seem to be powerless and have their hands tied by upper management! Your workers are the ones that should know their own job the best and how to make it more productive. Not you!

There are many more. But I doubt you will listen to the two above and make any serious changes.

It was very fast paced, expect a lot out of you.

Project Manager (Former Employee) Neenah, WI

ProsVery good people to work with. The engineers and support staff is second to none. The engineers know a lot and will share with you their experiences.

ConsIt is a sink or swim type of place. You need to able to perform and learn quickly or you won't last after they throw you in the deep end. They have a reputation in the area as a place that goes through a fair amount of people.

Advice to Senior ManagementListen to your employees and play to their strengths. Make sure that you don't overload your employees and then wonder what happened.

Long on promises, short on delivery.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Neenah, WI

ProsThe middle management team is dedicated, hard-working and passionate about growing the business, supporting the team members, and taking care of the customers.

ConsThe current senior management team has no clue on how to run a business by motivating employees and winning and retaining customers.

Advice to Senior ManagementLearn about your team members, suppliers and customers, and show them how partnerships really work. Spend less time in the ivory tower and more time out on the production floor and with the customers.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Unethical

Legal (Current Employee) Neenah, WI

ProsThe location is great in Neenah. It's close to the highway.

ConsUnethical top mgt. Very bad leadership ability. Uses company for own gain.

Advice to Senior ManagementBe ethical.

Pass Over In-House Personnel to Bring in Own Contacts

Finance Analyst (Current Employee) Neenah, WI

ProsThe on-the-job experience is good for a first time job out of college to gain experience. The location is good because it is close to the highway between Neenah and Oshkosh. We were cramped in the old building but moved into a new building. The new building puts most people in cubes in a small area.

ConsIt is definately an old-boy network there because they do not promote from within. There is as an obvious conflict of interest when the President of the Board is a past owner and CEO. Money is spent without long-term goals, but personal top level mgt gain in mind - ie re-purchase company stock to increase $$ and perks for mgt. It's clear mgt are not strong in business skills and strategy. The board allows this and does not ask questions to hold mgt accountable. Stock values falls and no one asks the questions to keep company going.

Advice to Senior ManagementThe company needs to have top mgt with clear business strategy skills to keep the company from failing or relying on one major contract to keep the bottom line numbers looking good to outsiders. The company should promote within company.

Great Place To Work

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Neenah, WI

ProsGood strategy, lots of growth, good people, strong leadership, good reputation in the industry, very nice locations, passion for success

ConsNo real downsides in my opinion. Could be more focus on promotion from within, but that seems to be improving.

Advice to Senior ManagementContinue with current focus and strategy - it seems to be working well. Continue to communication vision to all employees.

Positive Review

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Buffalo Grove, IL

ProsEveryone respects others and wants to be successful for our customers. Management is cautious on growth so doesn't over extend.

ConsDue to industry, it can be very busy at times with limited resources. A fiscally conservative company also results in lower wages.

Advice to Senior ManagementAgree with approach of how company is currently run. Management does not buy manufacturing from customers just to grow the business.

Phone Interview +on-site

Manufacturing Engineer (Current Employee) Chicago, IL

Prosknowledge sharing, great team, great place

Conscareer growth, lack of opportunities within

Advice to Senior Managementmentor should be assigned for career growth

Profitable company but better places for the majority of us to work

Manager (Former Employee) Neenah, WI

ProsIt is a profitable business growing business that is customer focussed.

Conswrong part of the food chain, manufacturing jobs continue to goto Asia

Advice to Senior ManagementRunning a good profitable business but too much brute force required

2 tier EMS company

Program Manager (Current Employee) Kuala Lumpur (Malaysia)

ProsThere are many gaps in SOP to working for. A good learning place

ConsThe team work may not work positively healthy. Many employees try to escape from their JD.

Advice to Senior ManagementShould have a good motivation rewards system for those people that really contribute to company and positive mindset.

Worked for Plexus? Contribute to the Community!