www.plexus.com
Profile Unclaimed

Yes people only survive

Current Employee - Director in Neenah, WI
    Current Employee - Director in Neenah, WI

I have been working at Plexus full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Great leaders in the past that really grew the company to be a true leader in their industry. They had a great model and really capitalized on creative thinkers.

Cons

Engineering in charge of sales and it is their way or the highway. They are only hiring yes people and do not encourage creative thinking.

The people who really make a difference are often those who don’t quite fit in. The ones who don’t act in the same way as everyone else and take risks rather than following the status quo. So it is important to get the right mixture, and to delegate tasks to people with the correct skills sets.

Very poor training! Too many "out of state" temps working there.

Current Contractor - Anonymous Contractor
    Current Contractor - Anonymous Contractor

I have been working at Plexus as a contractor (less than a year)

Pros

Casual atmosphere, overtime if you want it, production leads that are nice, clean work areas, and A/C. If you want to learn a new skill you can if they need help in that area.

Cons

Temp workers from Illinois that get paid, plus live in a hotel and get all their meals paid for. Why aren't we getting people from Wisconsin to fill these jobs? Maybe they could increase our wages if we weren't supporting these out of state workers. Lord knows we have more than enough Wisconsin people looking for work.

Come out of your "Ivory tower" offices and spend some time on the floor with the workers for a week. See what we actually do, who the good workers are and who sit around playing on their cell phones, shooting rubber bands, ignoring the new people that need help learning their job etc. Hire the good temps and give them a decent increase in wages, the amount of skill involved to work here is amazing and yet you pay minimal wages for this!

Good till you get past middle management

Current Employee - Manufacturing Technician in Boise, ID
    Current Employee - Manufacturing Technician in Boise, ID

I have been working at Plexus full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Good people to work with as peers. Some management is good others liars and crap people.

Cons

Depending on what site you are at in some you are expected to eat,breath and live Plexus. Others are normal. Leadpeople are unempowered supervisors who have to deal with 50% idiotiotic hourly staff who cant put their pants on with work instructions.

Live what you say, instead of being two faced liars.

Great Company

I worked at Plexus full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Wonderful culture of accountability. I thoroughly enjoyed my time with Plexus. Upper management provides individuals with autonomy to run their organizations with minimal oversight provided. I appreciated the direct communication and standards the executives held the staff to in all interactions.

Cons

Limited opportunities. The company is relatively small and there are only so many slots as you move up the pyramid. Plexus works to keep their good folks engaged but, there is only so much they can do at their size.

Organic growth was the champion of the past it might be time to look at acquisitions for new revenue channels and to spur further growth. I would not acquire to grow revenue but to grow service offerings which will in toe grow revenue.

The only job I've had that has taken me away from my family

Current Employee - Production Associate in Nampa, ID
    Current Employee - Production Associate in Nampa, ID

I have been working at Plexus full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Decent benefits, somewhat happy with what I do. Opportunities to move up if you're willing to go the extra mile.

Cons

A work week consists of 50+ hours. Management is very arrogant. Only a number not an individual unless you are part of their continuous improvement team. Only care about a warm body filling up space. Don't care about family values at all.

Get of your butt and see what really goes on in the production floor. it's not all about money.

OK, if you get in good with the right managers

Former Employee - Engineer in Buffalo Grove, IL
    Former Employee - Engineer in Buffalo Grove, IL

I worked at Plexus full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Smaller company, more small social activities.
    Coffee in breakroom.
    Nice outdoor picnic area.

Cons

Very political. You have to play the schmoozing game.
    If you can spin a story, you can excel.

Start seeing what is really going on, not just what some employees are spinning to you.

Manager

Former Employee - Manager in Neenah, WI
    Former Employee - Manager in Neenah, WI

I worked at Plexus full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

Paid fairly well for Fox Valley. It started out as a good company but is spiraling down fast.

Cons

HR is more of a social committee than a resource. Pretty much useless. Promotions are hard to come by. Benefits more expensive every year, cover less. Very into 'doing more with less' at the expense of their employees. They expect 24/7 but don't want to pay for the phone and have taken any payouts for meeting goals from employees and kept them for upper management. More layoffs coming but they won't give employees notice.

There is no empowerment for the individual manager.

Manager

I have been working at Plexus

Pros

God place to work with people

Cons

Long hours for people that like 40 hours

Great place to work!

Current Employee - Mechanical Engineer II in Louisville, CO
    Current Employee - Mechanical Engineer II in Louisville, CO

I have been working at Plexus full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Good career development. They recognize their valued employees and seem to compensate them accordingly. If you are looking for opportunities to lead, you can find them here. The engineering/product development work is dynamic and has large variety.

Cons

Due to the overall size of the corporation, changes can be slow moving. The management overall is quite conservative, which is good for stability the drawback is they aren't very progressive in their philosophy or business approach.

Grow your career

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Neenah, WI
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Neenah, WI

I have been working at Plexus full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Bright employees, great team environment
    Growth within company
    Innovative and important work

Cons

Volatile market means peaks and valleys

More transparency with direction of company

Plexus Photos