Pluckers Wing Bar

Updated May 5, 2014

Be The First To
Add Photos

David Paul

Long Hours and deal with lots of strees (rude people) but due to high volume you'll make decent money

Server (Current Employee) San Marcos, TX

ProsMgmt is good about working around your schedule

Consnever ending work with you never being able to sit down for a full shift(7-8) hrs

Advice to Senior Managementbring back gratuity because some people take advantage of your hard work

Some lower level managers and servers were great but the experience was awful for all of us

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsI got through college with more money than without a job.

ConsServer industry is in the toilet. You're counting on entitled fast food types to pay your bills and management has so much to do they can't focus on making sure a night goes on without a hitch on the customer service side. Most servers/hostesses/bar tenders have bad attitudes so it's hard to make the customer feel like they want to tip for the experience. Were not sympathetic with me being a student when they were understaffed.

Advice to Senior ManagementFocus on the basics before you start worrying about opening new restaurants. Grapevine was a train wreck before Allen or Plano opened.

I had a great experience working at Pluckers.

Server (Former Employee) San Marcos, TX

Pros"teamwork" is the main focus for employees which really helps out during a shift.

ConsThe late hours are hard, especially when working a double. Some shifts can be 17 hours long

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Great Food, mediocre working conditions

Host (Former Employee)

Pros- The food was great
    - The atmosphere was fun, consisting mostly of college students
    - The General Manager was nice

Cons- The hours were awful
    - Many of the managers played favoritism
    - Unprofessional gossiping and work culture
    - Too many unwanted double shifts

Advice to Senior ManagementIt used to be that employees who worked double shifts got a fully comped meal, but now that's not the case. Treat employees as humans who have lives outside work!

Good and Bad

Coach (Former Employee) Allen, TX

ProsTraining is excellent for managers.

You gain a great understanding for the restaurant industry.

If you want to work for this company, work in the Austin area.

Reasonable with vacation requests.

If you work hard, its easy to move up. They are expanding which creates opportunity.

Health code and sanitation is impeccable

Very knowledgeable GMs and AGMs, great at mentoring and helping you succeed.

ConsLong hours and late nights (which is clearly stated in the interviewing process), sometimes you will stay until 4am, sometimes longer.

Not family oriented. This is not the place to work for if you want to start a family, or have young children.

High employee and management turnover.

Low initial pay, bonus plan is good if you get into a AGM or GM role.

Constant negative feedback.

Employees are required to do a large amount of side work which creates long work days and low moral.

Extremely rule oriented company, which is good for structure but does create a stressful environment.

The interviewing process is incredibly long which makes the staffing your restaurant a painful process.

Advice to Senior ManagementI don't regret my time with this company, and its definitely going through some growing pains. Quality of life needs a better focus to retain employees.

Long hours, low pay and lack of appreciation for contributions made to the company.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsWilling to train people with little to no management experience.

Great place to gain high volume experience.

Great wings. Okay beer.

ConsThis is hands down the worst lowest paid job I've ever had. Management spends most of the shift bussing tables because they desperately need busboys but the refuse to hire any.

They have a system in place where the servers decide when they are ready to take tables resulting in unnecessarily long waits (up to an hour) and angry guest before they are even sat.

Be ready to fend for yourself. The corporate culture is cut throat and there is constant backstabbing within the management team with little to no positive support. Promotions are relationship based and have nothing to do with performance, experience or skill.

An environment teetering on toxic where the management style is boarder line abusive. You are constantly being yelled at and put down even when you are doing a great job making a stressful environment unbearable. Think Gordon Ramsey's Hell's Kitchen.

Advice to Senior ManagementBeing an "a" hole is not a management style.

Tough environment

Cook (Current Employee) Austin, TX

Pros+ Flexible shift Scheduling
    + Amazing coworkers who are very bright, honest, and hardworking
    + Decent pay for the cooks
    + Free meals and holiday parties (including gifts based on the longevity of employment)

Cons- Malfunctioning equipment
    - Long hours
    - Extremely intense and fast paced environment where stress levels can get really high.
    - Difficult customers

My feet hurt

ProsFast paced, good product, family like

ConsVery long hours, low pay, lots of side work, heading in a poor direction

Alright

Server (Former Employee) Killeen, TX

ProsAs long as you are there on time and you get your work done you dont have to worry about the managers jumping down your back.

ConsLONG hours for a server. Crazy sidework.

Advice to Senior ManagementDont hire back people who have been FIRED!

Current Employee with over 4 years with the company

Trainer/Bartender/Server (Current Employee) San Marcos, TX

ProsFast paced, fun environment. Who wouldn't want to watch sports all day while they work? Always busy. Very flexible with schedule, which makes attending college easier. It is very possible to be promoted with in the company.

Consvery long hours. Management styles differ from manager to manager. You are required to do a lot of work for $2.13/hr (i.e. Clean Bathrooms, scrub kitchen drains etc.) side work takes at least an hour to do after you are cut and therefore no longer making money. It takes corporate way longer than necessary to implement promotions

Advice to Senior ManagementCreate more of a consensus of lower level management. Having worked at two locations I can say that there are substantial differences between the way different stores are run and even on a day to day/ manager to manager basis.

Worked for Pluckers Wing Bar? Contribute to the Community!