Pluckers Wing Bar Reviews

• Part-time
Employment Status

Reset
Mark Greenberg, David Paul, Sean Greenberg

1. Pluckers-Fast paced fun job with great advancement opportunities.

I have been working at Pluckers Wing Bar full-time

Pros

Great company that really cares about the employees. Very fast paced with great food and guests absolutely love to come to Pluckers. It is great to work at a place with such an awesome concept.

Cons

Very busy. Not a job where you get to stand around and do nothing no matter what level of employee you are.

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work. Sales are thru the roof and stores seem to keep getting better.

2. Manager

Current Employee - Manager in Austin, TX
    Current Employee - Manager in Austin, TX

I have been working at Pluckers Wing Bar full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great food and sports bar, intelligent experienced owners and upper management, fun company events, huge advancement opportunities

Cons

longer than normal hours, limited menu

Advice to Management

Keep developing staff, I worked my way up from a server to trainer to a manager, all because of great advice and leadership from those above me.

3. Manager

Current Employee - Manager in Dallas, TX

I have been working at Pluckers Wing Bar full-time (More than a year)

Pros

family feel, lots of learning and experience to gain.

Cons

MICRO MANAGEMENT EVERY AT EVERY TURN, Pay and hours

5. Manager

Current Employee - Manager in Dallas, TX

I have been working at Pluckers Wing Bar (More than a year)

Pros

family feel, lots of knowledge and experience to gain

Cons

TONS of MICRO managing everywhere!!! Pay is not very good and the hours can suck at times

6. Server

Pros

Coworkers were fun to work with; regulars were pretty nice for the most part. Their strictness in adharing to health safety codes was top notch, and actually better than some of the high-end restaurants I've worked at in Dallas.

Cons

Unpredictable pay; but this is typical regardless of which restaurant you work in. Got harassed a couple of times by managers who no longer work there. Also typical in the service industry. Not the place to work if you don't like the smell of chicken wings.

Advice to Management

Build a bigger location or expand your Dallas location.

7. cant get out quick enough

Pros

People are great to work with

Cons

Management is terrible Hard make consistent good tips. The store is always busy but the clientele is very low class

8. decent job

Former Employee - Upper Management in Dallas, TX
    Former Employee - Upper Management in Dallas, TX

I worked at Pluckers Wing Bar (More than a year)

Pros

Free food. the staff was great. very willing to help anyone at anytime.

Cons

worked 60-80 hrs a week. the pay sucked. everyone was out to get me. no mentor-ship

Advice to Management

rehire me

9. Manager

Former Employee - Manager in Austin, TX
    Former Employee - Manager in Austin, TX

I worked at Pluckers Wing Bar full-time

Pros

Very organized company and great bonuses.

Cons

Lots of hard hard physical work while in training but worth it

10. customer service

Former Employee - Accounts Payable Clerk in Cypress, TX
    Former Employee - Accounts Payable Clerk in Cypress, TX

I worked at Pluckers Wing Bar full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

you get to eat their food, which is over priced but good. you get to deal with new customers every day. the dress code is pretty laid back

Cons

they work you like a slave. make you stay at work even when there is no work to be done. working 8 hour shifts for $20. management is insulting. the amount of tests you have to take surpass any college course.

Advice to Management

get new management. the management was under educated and hostile and foul from the day I started. getting a job at a corporate company was easier than pluckers.

11. Scum

Former Employee - Coach In Training in Dallas, TX
    Former Employee - Coach In Training in Dallas, TX

I worked at Pluckers Wing Bar full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Good salary, good follow up on emails,

Cons

Hiring process was so over the top. It took a month and 3 different manager interviews to hire which is ironic because all of my coworkers are next to useless (show up drunk, kiss all over each other, can't speak english....). People call out often especially last minute and there is no one to cover and the managers will not show up to help at all. GM doesn't even close at all! Insane! They said I would have my own store in 6 months and here it is going on 8 months later and I still haven't even had proper training from my GM for any other shifts besides Kitchen shifts because he won't hire a kitchen manager so I'm stuck. I wasn't hired to stay in the kitchen! Additionally, GMs don't seem to be held accountable and can pretty much do whatever they want. I spend more time working here than I do with my family. I come home at 5 in the morning because they won't keep additional cooks to help close and I'm on my own past 1. Utter ridiculousness.

Advice to Management

Do a better job hiring people who aren't drug addicts or drunks and keep our restaurants staffed so that those who are there don't have to work 70-80 hours. You should really keep an eye on your GMs and make sure that they are not only working sufficient amount of hours but closing AT LEAST 2x a week and that THEY are the ones who cover when no one else can instead of leaving people to drown. All managers MUST get their 2 days off even if they get called in to work someone else's shift. Closing and swing should require at least 2 people in the kitchen.

RSS Feed </> Embed