Plum District Reviews

Regional

Former Employee - Regional Sales Manager  in  San Diego, CA
    Former Employee - Regional Sales Manager in San Diego, CA

I worked at Plum District full-time for more than a year

Pros

The women I met at PD

Cons

Amazing. They claim to be a company built for moms run by moms. On Friday they fired nearly all their moms. No warning, no true reason, just poof, they were gone. Left a lot of moms in a bad place. The moms who truly built the company are gone! They called 2 moms and fired them the night before Mothers day. Wow, make moms day. The CEO is a fraud, and about as cold as an icecube. Buyer beware, they are almost out of funding.

Drive but No Respect

I worked at Plum District as a contractor

Pros

Management was unresponsive and difficult to deal with
    Slow to settle accounts
    Disorganized with poor communication skills
    Unreasonable expectations and requests

Cons

The company as a whole has a lot of drive and a will to succeed. Employees are hard working and dedicated to the cause.

Show respect to the people who work with and for you

What a horrible experience.

Former Employee - Regional Manager
    Former Employee - Regional Manager

I worked at Plum District full-time for less than a year

Pros

I'm struggling with anything positive about this company. I guess it would be the co-workers that I came in contact with. That is about it.

Cons

* What kind of company knows they are firing all of their Regional Managers, flies them out for a 'meeting', sucks all of the information out of these hard working professionals under the pretense of training- knowing they are going fire them later that week?
    *They hired people knowing they would fire them (within the month of hiring them) in order to make themselves look profitable.

You've ruined peoples careers. I know many think this type of stuff happens in all companies, but no- this is not your typical downsizing excuse- this is a poster child for an unethical 'corporation'.
    Beware of this company and Megan Gardner.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

I will never get the past year of my life back

Former Employee - District Consultant
    Former Employee - District Consultant

I worked at Plum District part-time for more than a year

Pros

Only the description of the position... we were supposed to be working WITH LOCAL business owners. Quickly, that changed and only those Consultants with national offers with big companies were praised and (financially) rewarded.

Cons

Waste of time
    Compensation plan was lowered again and again
    No training
    Constant turn-over of Managers.... I had five in less than a year.
    Treat business owners terribly... I was EMBARRASSED to be associated with Plum District. I would NEVER treat partners poorly.

Close down.

What a let down!

Former Employee - Upper Management
    Former Employee - Upper Management

I worked at Plum District full-time for more than a year

Pros

Forced to self teach and therefore learned a lot.

Cons

Most everything about company was a "con."

You have had the best of the best work for you. It is sad that you took advantage of them!

It was a great 12months, but it couldn't last

I have been working at Plum District full-time

Pros

As a sales rep, you gain experience in all aspects of the sales cycle and territory management:
    - prospecting
    - cold calling
    - business & market plan development
    - territory development
    - marketing events
    - working with business owners to craft a daily deal that works for their ROI
    - telecommuting
    - CRM
    It was exciting to be part of something new and growing.

Cons

It felt more like an internship than a real position as a full-time sales rep. There was little to no support for sales reps, and constant changing of the company mission. It was difficult to adhere to corporate strategies, as they were ever-changing. There was also minimal training, so unless you are a self-starter and motivator, you have no chance of succeeding or making money.

Inconsistent

I have been working at Plum District part-time for more than a year

Pros

Flexibility of schedule, low pressure sales, ability to work from home, offers moms a good work/life balance while using skillset.

Cons

Decrease in commission structure, you are required to not only sell and close a deal but then you are only paid if your offer sells in your area which does not always happen.

Maintain clear and consistent rules and regulations in all areas.

This is not a good group of people

Current Employee - District Consultant
    Current Employee - District Consultant

I have been working at Plum District part-time for less than a year

Pros

The only good thing about this company is the other employees. The connections that are made in your local communities with the businesses that you will partner with.

Cons

An ever changing (and not for the better) compensation package. Division Directors that are so money hungry and have been drinking the Kool Aid for so long that they don't realize or just don't care how they treat their sales people and all of their recently fired regional managers.

Stop abusing moms and get rid of your "for moms by moms" tag line as it is not a true testament of how you treat people. Do everyone a favor and file bankruptcy now so as to save more of your hard working employees the embarrassment of being let go suddenly and without just cause.

Complete and utter disaster

I have been working at Plum District full-time for more than a year

Pros

The amazing people I have met while employed and their wicked sense of humor

Cons

Lack of intelligent leadership; lots of meetings, and talking, and making power point slides but no action taken that will truly grow the business; CEO lacks loyalty or integrity and takes credit for founding something she did not; Using "moms" (the most loyal, well connected group of people in the world) to build a business, and then laying them off with no severance; hiring leadership that is completely clueless and inadequate; no training, no consistency and no idea how to market; basic lack of ability to run a successful business

Stop playing pretend. Investors, potential employees and other potential partners should be cautious. No matter what industry, loyalty and integrity matter and you have neither. You are taking a brilliant business model and ruining it.

Worked for Plum District? Contribute to the Community!