Plus One Health Management

Updated Jul 9, 2014

Be The First To
Add Photos

Chris Ciatto

Great place to lead group fitness classes!

Group Fitness Instructor (Current Employee) King of Prussia, PA

ProsThe scheduling is flexible and the policies are very corporate. That means the best of both worlds for fitness instructors. You get the benefits of a stable consistent pay with the flexibility of a freelancer. This gig is great.

ConsThe only real con is that shifts / classes are limited and available when the site gym wants them.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep rocking this! When I first started teaching yoga, I was all over the place. Grabbing some consistent classes, financial benefits, and feeling like I'm part of team is so rare with group fitness instructors. My classes with Pro1 are my favorites each week.

Exercise Specialist

Exercise Specialist (Former Employee) Century City, CA

ProsGet to work on the lot at Disney, Paramount, Fox and Sony. Fun clients, fun group fitness classes.

ConsPay is pretty low, and hours aren't flexible. Lot of towel folding.

Base wage was low, little incentive to stay with company

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsLocation was nice, I think the full time staff had benefits.

ConsWorking at a spa is the same everywhere, everyone is crabby and underpaid, no one wants their scheduled services.

Advice to Senior ManagementGive part-time workers something to care about.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Your experience will depend on who you work for and where you are placed.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsDaily interaction with members of the fitness center. Good pay and decent benefits.

ConsWork/life balance is not the greatest, especially if you have a family. No room for advancement. You typically max out once you become a general manager and can't go any further, as all of the RVP's have been with the company forever and aren't going anywhere. No bonuses, minimal raises.

Advice to Senior ManagementProvide more room for advancement by adding more regional management positions; negotiate with clients to allow better hours for fitness center workers because we have families too. Bonuses aren't expected but are appreciated, so providing a bonus for outstanding work every once in a while wouldn't hurt.

Great Experience

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsThis is the kind of company/ corporate environment that is very ideal. Very comfortable, your health is valued, great people, employees are passionate about their work. Lower stress, positive atmosphere. Good balance.

ConsPay is low, and is part of the reason I left, much better offer came my way.

Advice to Senior ManagementGreat environment, respected employees, but be more willing to provide a competitive, livable salary level.

Good company, low salary

ProsGood health benefits, free gym membership; discount on massage, personal and other services offered.

ConsThe salary is just too low. The standard yearly increase is 2%.

Worked for Plus One Health Management? Contribute to the Community!