Plus One Holdings Reviews

3.3
Mike Motta

1. Customer Service Agent

I have been working at Plus One Holdings full-time

Pros

Customer care, pick your own shift, request scheduled time off, ability to customize service to customers orders, personal contacts, ability to pick overtime extra hours

Cons

supervision/management lacking, turnover for this reason, threat of employment regularly, change of wages, inconsistencies, safety or personnel in unsafe conditions.

Advice to Management

become more organized and keep set of requirements and rules, pay for required show up on days off

2. BJJ Instructor

Former Employee - Instructor in Hartford, CT
    Former Employee - Instructor in Hartford, CT

I worked at Plus One Holdings part-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Minimum Hours, Flexible Schedule. Avaiable to do private lessons for good money, A lot of time to spend with family.

Cons

Low Pay. working multiple times a day. early mornings late nights. working weekends. No benefits. no retirement,

Advice to Management

Pay your Instructors more and they wont leave

3. Horrible company.

Former Employee - Exercise Specialist
    Former Employee - Exercise Specialist

I worked at Plus One Holdings (More than 3 years)

Pros

Getting reimbursed for continuing education. I have no other pros to write about. I did not enjoy my time there at all.

Cons

Horrible shifts. Was told by my RVP that I was inherited and not wanted. Could not get a hold of HR for answers. Poor pay for being college educated. No work, life, balance for their employees even though that's what they stress that they are about.

Advice to Management

Take better care of your employees, they are the ones who are taking care of you.

5. Great place to work

Former Employee - Marketing in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Marketing in New York, NY

I worked at Plus One Holdings full-time

Pros

Great people who are very interested in your person and professional development. They are from a background of achieving goals for themselves and their clients, so that translates in to how they run their own business. One of the best jobs I've ever had. Senior management is very excited about their field personally. It makes them a great resource.

Cons

Payment is a little on the lower end of the scale.

Advice to Management

Don't lose the emphasis of quality of life in return for larger returns. Make sure you continue to be an active part of your staff's life.

6. Awesome company

I worked at Plus One Holdings full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Fun place to work. I had a great experience with management, coworkers, and clients.

Cons

You will need to work many hours to make money.

7. Part time personal trainer

Current Employee - Personal Trainer in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Personal Trainer in New York, NY

I have been working at Plus One Holdings part-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Good company in NYC to work for as a personal trainer, set your own schedule

Cons

NO help in advancing in company if a part time employee, no benefits, no career growth because it is all given to the full time people.

Advice to Management

Treat part time trainers equally, provide health benefits even if more expensive than full time. Enable part time trainers to get more work and pay them for their time. We can't work for free to find new clients.

8. Overall a very positive experience.

Former Employee - Exercise Specialist in Canton, MA
    Former Employee - Exercise Specialist in Canton, MA

I worked at Plus One Holdings full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great work life balance, management (at least my manager) cares about your personal and professional goals. Lots of opportunity to create new and exciting fitness programs. Very professional in terms of appearance and attitude (management and employees. Laid back atmosphere, my manager had a close personal relationship with me but was also able to draw the line and be a "boss" when needed.

Cons

Pay is not very good although there was a 401k plan in place when I left. 1on1 Training was not allowed at the sight I worked at, you could only create a workout, show the client and let them go off on their own. Sometimes had trouble covering certain shifts.

Advice to Management

Increase the pay and allow the staff to have clients. That was the only reason I left otherwise I would have stayed and continued my career there. Everything else about the company is great.

9. Great people and one of the better places to work in the industry!

I have been working at Plus One Holdings full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Work life balance, people, well run.

Cons

Poor benefits compared to larger organizations, limited room for advancement.

Advice to Management

Find new ways to promote people and provide certain types of incentive bonuses for lower level employees.

10. Good Company

Former Employee - Exercise Specialist in West Orange, NJ
    Former Employee - Exercise Specialist in West Orange, NJ

I worked at Plus One Holdings full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Good base salary, good commission, and room to grow. Access to continuing education online as well as educational stipends to be used for classes or certifications. The health benefits were also good. They included medical, dental, and vision. Overall, a very good company to work for. I enjoyed my time there.

Cons

There was a very high turnover in management.

Advice to Management

Train employees better. Keep management for longer.

11. Really nice company to work for

I have been working at Plus One Holdings full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

very nice locations to work at. the positions are good. The environments and staff themselves are great to work at and with.

Cons

no room for growth or salary increases, especially if you're a receptionist. No incentives to motive employees who aren't on the in-crowd.

Advice to Management

please create more opportunities and incentives for receptionist and other non E.S. staff.

RSS Feed </> Embed