PlusOne Communications

Okay

Former Employee - Technical Support Representative  in  Akron, OH
    Former Employee - Technical Support Representative in Akron, OH

I worked at PlusOne Communications part-time for less than a year

Pros

benefits ,co workers, compensation, extra money,

Cons

Greedy company,young supervisors,no moving up

More respect

Needs TONS of Reform

I have been working at PlusOne Communications full-time

Pros

Hire you on the spot most of the time, Great Hours, Pay is Ok

Cons

treat you like children, unrealistic expectations, very strict

As you like to preach that everyone is accountable for our actions and that our experience is what we make out of it. You guys set the tone! Stop treating us like kindergartners and expecting us to be these robots who are never supposed to make errors and acknowledge the fact that we are Adult human beings who sometimes makes mistakes. There are plenty of businesses, especially call centers who run successfully without treating their employees like children. The respect needs to be mutual! You wouldn't want anyone to treat you as less of a person so you guys shouldn't do it to us! Stop having an excuse as to why you do what you do and listen for once! After all if you take care of your employees , they'll take care of you!

The demanding management wasn't desired, but the people were amazing.

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative  in  Akron, OH
    Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Akron, OH

I worked at PlusOne Communications full-time for more than a year

Pros

Lovely pay, full time positions available, overtime also available.

Cons

The management, working, repetitive work,.

Step off of your employee's. They're only human.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Newer company- still learning how to run

Former Employee - Management  in  Saint George, UT
    Former Employee - Management in Saint George, UT

I worked at PlusOne Communications full-time for more than a year

Pros

There is a family culture and not a huge separation between owners, managers, and entry level employees. Possibilities of growth within the company as they grow. Flexible scheduling.

Cons

poor benefits (no healthcare options, no reviews for bonus' or raises, no cost of living salary increase).
    stability of company is unknown.
    many employees are family members especially in management and top level executive team- regardless of qualifications or experience

Benefits are very important and could be a great way to show you value an employee

Easy in, easy out

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative  in  Akron, OH
    Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Akron, OH

I have been working at PlusOne Communications full-time for more than a year

Pros

Opportunity for promotion, especially if you are friends with someone who is already a supervisor or higher position (non-customer service rep). They claim to offer flexible scheduling but it is extremely difficult to get schedules changed at this 24/7 facility, and new people always get stuck with unfortunate late night shifts. Decent starting pay ($9/hr), although they claim the average call center rep makes over $12.50/hr which is simply not true.

Cons

Micromanagement is key here. Things change overnight and you are expected to just roll with it. Some shady business as well - policies will change without properly informing employees, then the employees are held accountable despite never having been fully informed of the changes, then management will sneak out a company email referencing a 'reminder' of a policy change from months back that was never announced. Employees are constantly getting swindled out of bonuses (they announced a change to the bonus plan AFTER the end of the month the bonus was earned, and expected employees to just be ok with it). It is easy to get a job there because they are desperate for call center reps (as they have gone though 2/3 of the folks in Akron by now), but be warned - you can just as quickly get fired from here as you are hired. This place is just bad news altogether.

Take a step back and let your employees do their jobs. Stop threatening to fire people over trivial things. Consider the fact that you can't keep your average employee past 90 days because the culture is terrible there, not because the supervisors aren't doing their job, not because the reps were improperly trained, and not because the wrong people were hired.

Internet Tech

Former Employee - Technical Support Representative  in  Akron, OH
    Former Employee - Technical Support Representative in Akron, OH

I worked at PlusOne Communications part-time for less than a year

Pros

Good pay, promotes witthin. good cofee

Cons

too much, get written up is 30 seconds late from 15min brake. by the time you get to brake room 5minutes have pass, then by the time you heat your food up another 5 minutes, just not enough time. have to raise your hand like a 5 year old to go to the restroom, To go to bathroom need to take your break. . do the math

Take some calls, come down and work how we work and follow the rules given to us atleast once every two months and you will know how we feel.

Great job for entry-level students!

Current Employee - Technical Support Representative  in  Akron, OH
    Current Employee - Technical Support Representative in Akron, OH

I have been working at PlusOne Communications full-time for less than a year

Pros

Good pay for little to no experience.
    Opportunity for bonuses.

Cons

Sent home early if call center had a low amount of calls.
    Supervisors were pretentious and undeserving.

Choose supervisors wisely.

Work Here if It's The Last Resort

Current Employee - Agent  in  Akron, OH
    Current Employee - Agent in Akron, OH

I have been working at PlusOne Communications full-time for less than a year

Pros

-The trainer I had was okay. He helped me for the most part.
    -Maintenance try to keep everything clean.
    -The coffee is great.
    -The receptionist is nice and helpful.

Cons

-You get wrote up for every little thing. If you're 30 seconds late from your paid 15-minute break, they'll write you up. I kid you not.
    -You have to make a sale in order to get out of TANK/Training. They lost the 3 I made and I got those a week before training was over. They pretty much said, "You have to ask the customer for it to count". Here I am starting week three in TANK because they was NOT clear about the parameters.
    -You can get fired out of training.
    -You can get fired for not selling. They CLEARLY said in orientation that this job was not about commission or selling, it was about make the customer happy and valued customer.
    -The lunch room is not big enough for the 300-something odd people on the floor. There's only one refrigerator and if they see open cans or bottles of liquid, they toss them out; even if they aren't open.
    -The bathroom is TWICE as small. Only two stalls to 300-something people.
    -The shirts they make you buy aren't worth the money that they take out of your check every paycheck.
    -You get paid every two weeks.
    -You work 38-40 hours a week; even in training and your paycheck doesn't show it...at all. How do you work that long and your check is only 250.00 - 300.00?
    -They hire anyone due to the high turn-over rate.
    -You cannot have both weekend days off, all agents must work a weekend day.
    -You can't have the two days you do get off back to back.
    -They say they're lenient, but they're not. They get mad when people call off, and write you up, but don't want to give people time during the week to do important things.
    -Overtime is MANDATORY. 8-hours of overtime because Cox shut down other call centers.
    -On my training/TANK sheet it says, "Automatic failure: death in the family, time off scheduled with HR. I can show it to anyone who reads this and wants to see it.
    -You're on a point system. That means if you take an unscheduled break - say, to the bathroom, they write you up and give you points. You can get those points taken off if you do overtime; on top of the mandatory overtime.

There are more cons than pros. Enough said.

This is a good place to work with entry level opportunities, room for advancement and they do promote within

Former Employee - Sales Representative  in  Cal Poly SLO, CA
    Former Employee - Sales Representative in Cal Poly SLO, CA

I worked at PlusOne Communications full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Decent pay and incentives for employees

Cons

Management needs an overhaul in tbe worst way

Start fresh!

I did not enjoy this job.

Current Employee - Tech Support  in  Akron, OH
    Current Employee - Tech Support in Akron, OH

I have been working at PlusOne Communications full-time for more than a year

Pros

They will hire almost anyone due to high turnover.

Cons

Very hard to get off the night shift, bonus structure constantly changing. They told me there were no sales at my interview, but before long sales were all they talked about. They promote friends, not hard workers.

Worked for PlusOne Communications? Contribute to the Community!