Ply Gem Pacific Windows Reviews

Updated January 14, 2015
4 reviews filtered by
2.1
Marty Dennison

1. Great at first, bitter at the end!

Former Employee - Team Lead Shipping in West Sacramento, CA
    Former Employee - Team Lead Shipping in West Sacramento, CA

I worked at Ply Gem Pacific Windows

Pros

Good Hours in the summer, easy days in the winter. Good money.

Cons

Where do I begin.....Promised me raise for being team lead and annual raise, never got them. Hire fresh out of high school kids and their friends, which means more horseplay then actual work. No supervision during night shift so people clock each other out or leave and come back to clock out. Supervisor is rude and disrespectful when I asked to be transferred 2 day shift so I gave him a ultimatum or I would like to put in my 2 weeks, was even more disrespectful so I decided to quit with no notice. Gave them 110% for 2.5 years just to be treated like gum and their shoes.

The shipping supervisor needs to get his head out his rear and stop thinking he is alway right and that every one around him is an idiot.

2. Don't stay long!

Current Employee - Communications in Auburn, WA
    Current Employee - Communications in Auburn, WA

I have been working at Ply Gem Pacific Windows full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Experience, you can gain some very admirable experience , looks very good on a resume.

Cons

Un-competitive wages, their rate of pay is lower than most other companies in an alike position.
    Favoritism/Conflict of interest, they often hire family members of employees-- many people are in laws or siblings or even parents and children.
    Uncaring HR department, doesn't care about employees and is plainly obvious about it
    Attendance point system(7 points and your fired does not roll over, so through out your entire employment time if you miss 7 days you will be terminated, regardless of doctors note), no sick time!
    Foul and often perverted language used frequently by office personnel and managers
    Last but not least, LIARS they will not be honest where the company is headed, they will tell you about a raise that never comes

Pay your employees what they deserve and train them for success not failure.

3. Ply Gem Pacific Windows: A mediocre Company

Current Employee - Production Worker in Sacramento, CA
    Current Employee - Production Worker in Sacramento, CA

I have been working at Ply Gem Pacific Windows

Pros

We still have work as of 12/2008

Cons

Since Ply Gem bought out CertainTeed , Ply Gem has took away our quarterly bonuses, suspended matching 401K contributions , took away our annual cost of living raise. This happened before the economy went down the drain.

Its a job with very little potential to move off the production floor. Barely pays the bills.

If you buy a company know what you are going to do with it before you buy. Communicate with the rank and file, let them know what is happening with the company. Do not treat us like mushrooms. Who is Marty Dennison?????

Be carefull up and comming companies can chew you up and spit you out

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Auburn, WA
    Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Auburn, WA

I worked at Ply Gem Pacific Windows

Pros

The benifits package in my opinion for a small company is outstanding. the company as a whole is very family oriented and has no qualms in giving time off for family matters,wheather you have the time on the books or not as long as you don't take advantage.

Cons

The mid level managment is not always the most qualified to perform thier jobs at this company you must have a degree this is not allways bad provided it applies to thier job title. individuals are rarely acknwledged unless you fit into the good old boys club

Be aware of clicks and the lines of friendships that cross the employee / manager lines. beware that the mid level managers may have very limited skills in thier positions they hold and sometimes you have to look wiithin to find the best canidate. treat your employes like thier your most valueuable asset because they are. and you are not union seniority isn't allways the best way to deside who stays or who goes try looking at performance