Ply Gem Pacific Windows

Ply Gem Pacific Windows Reviews

2.5

Marty Dennison
1 Rating

Be carefull up and comming companies can chew you up and spit you out

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Auburn, WA
    Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Auburn, WA

I worked at Ply Gem Pacific Windows

Pros

The benifits package in my opinion for a small company is outstanding. the company as a whole is very family oriented and has no qualms in giving time off for family matters,wheather you have the time on the books or not as long as you don't take advantage.

Cons

The mid level managment is not always the most qualified to perform thier jobs at this company you must have a degree this is not allways bad provided it applies to thier job title. individuals are rarely acknwledged unless you fit into the good old boys club

Be aware of clicks and the lines of friendships that cross the employee / manager lines. beware that the mid level managers may have very limited skills in thier positions they hold and sometimes you have to look wiithin to find the best canidate. treat your employes like thier your most valueuable asset because they are. and you are not union seniority isn't allways the best way to deside who stays or who goes try looking at performance

Ply Gem Pacific Windows: A mediocre Company

Current Employee - Production Worker in Sacramento, CA
    Current Employee - Production Worker in Sacramento, CA

I have been working at Ply Gem Pacific Windows

Pros

We still have work as of 12/2008

Cons

Since Ply Gem bought out CertainTeed , Ply Gem has took away our quarterly bonuses, suspended matching 401K contributions , took away our annual cost of living raise. This happened before the economy went down the drain.

Its a job with very little potential to move off the production floor. Barely pays the bills.

If you buy a company know what you are going to do with it before you buy. Communicate with the rank and file, let them know what is happening with the company. Do not treat us like mushrooms. Who is Marty Dennison?????