Pocket Communications

Be The First To
Add Photos

Paul Posner

Pocket Smart Wireless

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at Pocket Communications full-time for more than 3 years

ProsFast paced, challenging and interesting work.

ConsLack of communication and training.

Advice to Senior ManagementBetter planning, communication, direction to employees.

I busted my hump for 5 years then got laid off.

Applications Developer (Former Employee)

I worked at Pocket Communications full-time for more than 5 years

ProsIT staff was top notch.

ConsToo much politics not enough cooperation.

Advice to Senior ManagementDispense with the politics and get on the same page.

Decent place where i made good friends, but as company grew it maintained small company politics

Call Center Representative (Former Employee)

I worked at Pocket Communications

ProsIn my experience I was recognized for my work and was given an opportunity to grow. Fast-paced environment kept me busy and I enjoyed the lack of downtime as I was always able to focus on the work assigned to me. I had a unique experience in promotion to another department where i was promoted again to a position where i felt was above my level and experience, but i believe i was recognized for my hard work and was given an opportunity to advance. decent benefits (not great, but i've been at other places where i didn't even have benefits).

ConsLack of training after i was promoted, but i felt my hard work sometimes outweighed that. Senior level employees (Directors and above) did not get along well with each other at times. A lot of power struggles, rants and raves, playing political games. Since all of them reported directly to the 1 owner of the company there seemed to be alot of fighting to see who had better results for the owner. Sometimes expected to be available at a moment's notice (I was guilty of this myself as well) if the company needed your department to work on something. I was ok with it for the most part because i embraced the company, but i don't think it was fair to expect this from employees with families or employees at non-management levels.

Advice to Senior ManagementWork better with each other. Stop fighting with one another. This is noticeable to lower level employees.

Overall the postion had too many holes in the whole scheme.Total disorganization working with limited resources!

Customer Support Specialist (Former Employee)

I worked at Pocket Communications

ProsPerks,hours,benefits,discount,attendence Theres really nothing more.

ConsAlot of back bitting, deceitful discourteous coaches & leads with no regard (thank god i have a strong stomach) unprofessional,excessive verbal abuse from customers,manangement getting away with anything! I could go on & on!

Advice to Senior ManagementLead by example and be less bi popolar, unfortunately my department for pocket was cut out after the merge with cricket 2-4-11! Hmm I wonder why just this department!

Great place to work.

I have been working at Pocket Communications

ProsGreat, dynamic place to work. The employees are some of the most talented individuals that I have ever had the pleasure to work with.

Consthe usual issues within a telecom company, the forever changing environment.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep up the good work.

Great startup, great energy!

I have been working at Pocket Communications

ProsThe people make a great team.

ConsOccasional long hours on tight deadlines.

District Manager

District Manager (Current Employee)

I have been working at Pocket Communications

ProsGreat People from the excecutive team on down, respectful, eager to grow, leadership allowed you to own your department and didnt micro manage

ConsStart up, communication needed a lot of improvement, one day it was do this and the othre it was not dont do this do that then the next it was go back to doing this

Advice to Senior Managementit was a great ride - the management did a good job with the available resources. communication and doing it right the first time

Worked for Pocket Communications? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Pocket Communications reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Pocket Communications CEO Paul Posner. All 7 reviews posted anonymously by Pocket Communications employees.