Point B

Point B Reviews

Updated Apr 2, 2014

Point B CEO Mike Pongon

Mike Pongon

Pros:
  • "Great resources for client delivery, great work-life balance for consulting job"
    in 20 reviews
  • "smart people, a great culture, work and life are both appreciated, i feel like i am treated fairly and respected"
    in 7 reviews
Cons:
  • "The limited turn over within the firm inhibits taking on leadership roles"
    in 3 reviews
  • "Leadership inexperienced at running management consulting firm"
    in 4 reviews
  • Show more review highlights

Reviews

Best Place to Work for Entrepreneurs with an Ownership Mentality

San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Point B full-time for less than a year

ProsClient-focused colleagues who strive for excellence in everything they do. Strong life-work balance culture, and heavy emphasis placed on innovation and experimentation. Great fit for folks who are good at networking and business development. An energetic, start-up culture.

ConsNot the best fit for folks looking for lots of direction in your career. Here, you are your own destiny, you set the pace of your success-realization, and success depends largely on your drive, passion, and ability to influence.

Advice to Senior ManagementContinue facilitating and supporting the realization of employee's ideas.

Point B's 100% ownership is a game changer.

I have been working at Point B full-time for more than 10 years

ProsPoint B has always been focused on employees, but its move to 100% employee ownership is a game changer with respect to company growth and financial opportunity. If you haven't looked at Point B lately, look again.

ConsAn ownership structure is a long-term proposition - it's not a place for those who want immediate gains.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep up the management that has gotten us to where we are today, and let's take advantage of our new opportunities to grow.

Great culture, smart people, flexible work environment

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at Point B

ProsWorking at Point B was a great experience. Lots of very intelligent and highly motivated people. For the most part, people are very well aligned and understand the goals of the firm. Lots of opportunity to work in different areas of the business if interested.

ConsI had worked on the firm-wide (non client facing) team. Area leads tended to make a project out of every little thing instead of focusing on small incremental change where applicable. Most projects do not get completed and succumb to the typical failings of a waterfall type project methodology e.g.: projects take too long, run over budget and fail to meet the business requirements as they’ve changed.

Also – compensation is average to below average. It can be years before raises are given and cost of living adjustments year over year are not typical.

A company that cares about its people and community, and holds close to its values.

I have been working at Point B full-time for more than 10 years

ProsValues-driven culture; people care about each other and their clients; leadership has grown up with Point B, while this can mean some growing pains, it also means leadership cares and wants to do the right thing.

ConsEmployees get used to how good it is at Point B, and sometimes forget that we work for a unique and special company.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep caring about people and values; learn from mistakes and move on.

Sr. Associate

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at Point B

ProsGood consultants and very smart people

ConsLeaders actions not aligned with words

Focused on clients AND employee-owners

I have been working at Point B full-time for more than 3 years

ProsPoint B does a great job of creating and maintaining a culture of caring for people...internal employees as well as clients. This emphasis makes it a fun and collaborative place to work. The consulting projects are interesting and the range of client types is broad. Point B is growing and there is a lot of opportunity.

ConsConsultants work remotely at client sites and so sometimes you can feel disconnected to the company. But there are in-person events and parties during the year, which helps.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep up the growth and innovation.

Flexible, Great Culture, Interesting Work

I have been working at Point B full-time for more than 5 years

ProsGreat client list, great co-workers. Point Bers work hard but remember to keep a sense of humor. The firm respects associates and expects that they’ll “do the right thing” – this was a refreshing change for me from previous employers who overregulated every move.

ConsCompensation can be confusing at first, but the flexibility it offers is well worth it! No "PTO" also feels like a con, but again, the compensation works out better in my opinion because I can exercise discretion on how much time I take off - I'm not limited to a formula.

Exceptional colleagues and respect for the individual

I have been working at Point B full-time for more than 10 years

ProsCollaborative work environment, strong peer group, flexibility in staffing, interesting staffing assignments

ConsAversion to risk limits some of the great growth opportunities for the company and the individuals working for it.

Advice to Senior ManagementChannel the risk taking that was done in the early Point B years.

Very supportive environment

Associate (Current Employee)

I have been working at Point B full-time for less than a year

ProsGreat resources for client delivery, great work-life balance for consulting job

ConsFew opportunities to see and meet coworkers

Senior Associate

I have been working at Point B part-time for more than 10 years

ProsSmart, nice and fun people. Great job flexibility. Great culture. High integrity.

ConsI am not aware of any cons. I love the company.

Advice to Senior Managementkeep doing what you are doing

Worked for Point B? Contribute to the Community!

Point B Videos

Point B – Why Work for Us?

You Can Drive You can go along for the ride or your can drive. Drivers create their own road maps. Does yours look something like this? The Work You get to lead challenging initiatives with industry-leading clients. You… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Point B reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Point B CEO Mike Pongon. All 59 reviews posted anonymously by Point B employees.