Point B Reviews

• Full-time
  • Part-time
Employment Status

Reset

The firm to work for if you enjoy consulting.

Current Employee - Senior Associate in Denver, CO

I have been working at Point B full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Actual work / life balance, employee ownership, culture.

Cons

Few opportunities for upward movement, but not an issue if you are happy being an experienced consultant delivering to top companies.

Advice to Management

Continue the culture of employee owner input and a social / fun atmosphere.

For the benefit of our people (clients and associates alike)

I have been working at Point B full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Point B is a collection of dedicated, highly intelligent and driven employee owners. Flexibility in staffing and associate choice. Exciting and impactful client work with some of the most influential clients in the area. No travel required, work locally. Work-life balance.

Cons

As with any consulting firm you do not always know where you'll be (client) in the future. However, this also keeps things interesting.

Advice to Management

Continue to hold the Point B culture in the highest regard and make decisions based on what is best for the employee owners and our valued clients.

Can't imagine working anywhere else!

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at Point B full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Point B has a fantastic culture which promotes collaboration, fun and respect. I LOVE the people at Point B and am always impressed at how helpful everyone is and not at all competitive. I love the work I'm doing and get a great sense of fulfillment form helping to grow our market. The leadership team is a great role model for what a leader should be. All in all, I can't imagine working anywhere else and feel so thankful that I discovered a place like Point B.

Cons

It's an adjustment getting used to the flexible comp model.

Great Place to Work!

Current Employee - Senior Associate in Denver, CO

I have been working at Point B full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

I left Big X consulting to join Point B. It has amazing people who are passionate about helping their clients succeed and about their life outside of work! I love the culture - built around our core values, it connects associates within and across our markets. I can deliver outcomes that are critical for my clients' success while helping grow Point B through internal operational roles.

Cons

Point B has a self-service model where you can create your career path and opportunities. While I find this a big benefit, others may find it difficult for some to adjust to when coming from a traditional hierarchical firm. Another adjustment for some if that it is not title driven yet more of a network of peers.

A firm loaded with talent, choice, and a culture that will keep me long term.

Current Employee - Senior Associate in Seattle, WA

I have been working at Point B full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Experienced talent from diverse backgrounds - and that talent comes from pretty amazing (and fun) people. Feels far more like a family than a group of colleagues. Transparency, choice, and trust are everywhere - which is critical when employee owned. The freedom (and expectation) to do what's right for your client, Point B, and yourself. You don't have to worry why someone is asking you a question (read: no politics).

Cons

The plus play model is a perfect fit for our culture, but understanding long term increases and growth potential would be helpful. Those afraid of change and growth should take a deep breath and trust leadership to do things "the Point B way". Additional development planning and support is needed as the resource stack expands.

Advice to Management

Keep it up!

Hard to find this kind of great firm culture and flexibility in a company!

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

I have been working at Point B full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Flexibility - ability to work remotely Great culture - fun events, annual company retreat Give back programs - firmwide focus on community service Smart people Interesting work

Cons

Professional development and advancement opportunities aren't clear Sometimes too Seattle-focused

Advice to Management

I would love to see more opportunities for advancement and professional growth in all roles, not just the consultants.

Failed transition from founders to ESOP

Former Employee - Senior Associate in Seattle, WA
    Former Employee - Senior Associate in Seattle, WA

I worked at Point B full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

- Great people although many have left - Focused on providing client value and doing right by the client - Great client opportunities

Cons

- Lots of great people have left. Heads of major offices, lots of directors, all great talent true blue pointb. - The reasons for people leaving vary, but Pointb no longer has the culture and people you can't imagine leaving. - People aren't valued. The staffing model has shifted to picking up earlier career talent (read lower salaries) weary of travel and run them a few years before they vest.

Advice to Management

Pointb was something special and people were valuable. Now cash flow drives decisions not what's best for employees. How's that aligned with an ESOP?

Know what you are getting into

Current Employee - Senior Associate in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Senior Associate in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Point B full-time (More than a year)

Pros

They are the most flexible company, I have ever worked for and really prioritize you having "life" in addition to work. They also have an really strong culture that cares about their employees happiness.

Cons

They try and claim that they do more than they do. They are really just product managers and it is more like glorified staff aug then it is like consulting. While the culture is strong it can also feel a bit campy. if it fits your personality you'll really be on board but if not it may feel like you're part of a religion that you don't believe in.

Point B Response

Sep 11, 2014 – National Recruiting Director

I appreciate you taking the time to share your thoughts. As you know, we pride ourselves on our flexibility and work-life balance to improve the lives of our associates, and I’m happy hear that ... More

Wonderful place to have a career

Current Employee - Senior Associate in Seattle, WA

I have been working at Point B part-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

From day one, Point B has provided the opportunity to work on more demanding or less demanding client projects. I've had the opportunity to have a more flexible schedule when I needed it, and throughout my entire career, I've enjoyed working with really smart people, who also happen to be great human beings.

Cons

Some,(but not all) people find it challenging to get the development/growth opportunities they are looking for.

Advice to Management

This 100% ownership thing is so awesome, I just think we've got to find a way to thread how deeply meaningful that is into everything we do as we build an enduring firm. I think we are on track but maybe make the OVV II class mandatory?

You're lucky if you work at Point B!

I have been working at Point B full-time

Pros

Point B is full of smart, talented and overall pretty wonderful people to work with. Employees are offered flexibility, trust, great culture (including many fun team-building activities) and now - ownership. In addition, the work is challenging and interesting. I believe the future here will only be brighter and I'm one of many people at Point B who plan to retire here.

Cons

This isn't the place for you if title and hierarchy mean a lot it your world. Employees are seen as relatively equal contributors. Also, be prepared to be part of a community… for employees who prefer to do their work and scurry home, this may not be the best fit. Everyone is encouraged to communicate, network and contribute to the company and the local community (who could really complain?).

RSS Feed </> Embed