PointClear

Updated Jul 7, 2014

Dan McDade

A career with PointClear

Anonymous (Current Employee)

ProsIf business development is your talent, PointClear is the place to be. PointClear offers a professional environment where your hard work and results are rewarded and appreciated. PointClear is a top player in the business development and lead generation industry and provides services to some of the most recognizable clients worldwide.Full benefits, including a 401K, are offered.

ConsPointClear's success is built on a proven, time tested, structured formula that has provided results for it's clients and requires its associates to be able to apply their talent within its structure to be successful.

Extremely satisfied working for PointClear

Johns Creek, GA

ProsAlthough a smaller-sized company, everyone seems to enjoy working with fellow co-workers which leads to minimal office drama - a hard-to-find in many small southern companies. The managerial staff is very accommodating in regards to work schedule and taking vacation. In addition, the work-life balance is well appreciated as PointClear prides itself on understanding that many of its employees have other responsibilities (e.g., children, spouses, etc.). Very nice senior management whom make themselves available to employees with questions and concerns. Full benefits are provided to employees after a certain time with the company, and easy opt-out available for those not interested.

ConsMinimal company events and contests

Advice to Senior ManagementCompany events seem to be forgotten with the constant hustle of what we do, it would be nice to have more so that associates are able to get to know their co-workers on a personal level, as well as provide them with the opportunity to get to know senior management in a more casual atmosphere.

One of the most interesting and challenging job of my career

Business Development Associate (Former Employee)
    Duluth, GA

ProsThe majority of my time at Pointclear was spent selling Health Care solutions, which afforded me the opportunity to learn about the real life impact of the Affordable Care Act. The complexity of the solution required that I call on CIO, CFO, and CEO, I talked to more C level executives on these programs than I had in my entire 15+ year sales career, which gave me a lot of confidence. The fellow BDM were great to work with, I have made a few life long friends. It was a relaxed atmosphere, and all the training you could ever want. Management was very flexible and accommodating for a great work life balance.

ConsHaving to make 80+ calls a day is a challenge that requires you to stay focused and disciplined. compensation was on the low end.

Advice to Senior ManagementInvolve BDM in the decisions on which programs they are placed on.

• We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Great place to begin a sales career - great place to land later-career, too.

Atlanta, GA

ProsFriendly atmosphere - top-notch sales training (esp. inside sales methodology and telephone skill sets and processes) - approachable management - ability to learn about different types of businesses through PointClear's serving various clients. Dan McDade very well-respected in the lead generation/sales industry.

ConsNot a place to grow significantly financially, but still near-the-top pay for lead generation companies.

Advice to Senior ManagementContinue company communication events and client kudos and results.

Great for learning experience

Lead Generation (Former Employee)
    Norcross, GA

ProsPoint Clear will teach you how to quickly research other companies as well as finding the right contact. You will learn how to qualify leads and the SPIN selling technique.

ConsIf you are an experienced sales person, there's not much to learn here. Most of management has marketing experience, not sales experience.

PointClear teaches its associates to be professional and precise in uncovering market intelligence.

Norcross, GA

ProsRigorous sales training and indoctrination of best practices for market intelligence. The sales methodologies you learn while with the company are valuable to your career. If you are new to sales, working here will definitely teach you the grass roots of sales.

ConsCompensation is decent, but incentives could use some fine tuning.

Good Company, very professional

Atlanta, GA

ProsGood working atmosphere, small company environment, very professional, no ra ra boiler room attitude like some "telemarketing" firms. Top tier when it comes to work product and client projects. Base compensation good in the beginning. Not for beginners (ie good 2nd job) but a good middle level posting for great experience that will be more highly valued and compensated by other companies with inside lead gen departments.

ConsToo focused (regardless of emphasis on quality of work product/sales leads) on lead quantity and managing by activity metrics ( ie dials etc). Not enough focus on lead quality. This is a good middle level posting with very little opportunity for advancement or long term income growth due to small company size.

Advice to Senior ManagementNone that would be listened to. Either adapt to the system in place or take the experience and move on to a higher level position.

Worked for PointClear? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at PointClear reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for PointClear CEO Dan McDade. All 7 reviews posted anonymously by PointClear employees.