Pointivity

Updated April 25, 2014
Updated April 25, 2014
2.6

Kent Erickson

Great place to work and grow!

Current Employee - Systems Engineer  in  San Diego, CA
    Current Employee - Systems Engineer in San Diego, CA

I have been working at Pointivity full-time for more than a year

Pros

The engineers here are brilliant and friendly. Management supports employees who want to improve the company and themsleves. I was able to get great experience and certification thanks to encouragement from the company and resources available. Beautiful location and office.

Cons

Crowded part of town. Fast pace might be turnoff for new or junior people.

401k and a less crowded location would have kept me there but I work for my cousin now so thats hard to compete!

worst place to work.....ever!!!! How are they still in business????

I worked at Pointivity full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Seems like it would be one of the great, up-and-coming companies/industries to work in.

Cons

The WORST management ever! They can't make a decision to save the company and treat their employees like crap. The CEO changes his mind every other week and thinks he is the only man who is right in the world. The COO (CEO's wife) is a push over by the CEO, also talks down to all staff, and is a passive aggressive. I honestly don't know who would give this company more than a one star rating because you either get fired, or people leave because they are that unhappy. Horrible benefits too!

Learn how to be a manager, improve the company culture, treat employees with respect, value family time, and don't assume that just because you don't have a life and you work all the time, doesn't mean that your employees have to do the same. Some of us have families and children too, but we actually care about our children.

Like Living In a Hurricane

I worked at Pointivity

Pros

Paul Scuba "is" the secret sauce; without him there would be NOTHING to sell. Clients are pretty nice and the ONLY real reason to get up and go to work in the morning besides the mediocre pay and the nice office space.

Cons

The head guy is all over the board; good news is you will know when you or somebody you work with is in big trouble or about to get fired because he won't show up for work until that person is fired; happens ALOT. The wife seems to make all the decisions. If she doesn't understand the question or know what to do then she just keeps asking more questions.

Take some management courses and learn how to treat people. Putting your employees down so you can feel better about yourself is no way to grow a business.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Great ideas. Poor execution on them by management. No leadership.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  San Diego, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

I have been working at Pointivity full-time for more than a year

Pros

Modern office in great location. 100% of this company's success is due to the brilliant CTO, Paul Scuba.

Cons

Owners (CEO and COO) do not enable or empower anyone else on their team to make decisions...all proposals, pricing, marketing, billing, etc. must be approved by them numerous times before deployment which creates a ineffective bottleneck. Very little if any leadership is demonstrated. No evidence they value the employees (poor benefits, few if any receive performance reviews....very amateur HR practices). No giving back to the community.

Decide on one key business plan....not several as in B2B sales, channel partnerships, and eLearning. Decrease the time owners spend working IN the business and find a sharp approachable, experienced leader to run your company better THEN let go.

Fantastic place to work

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  San Diego, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

I worked at Pointivity

Pros

Challenging work, supportive CIO, well rounded team, and a beautiful office. The CEO is brilliant and works with his management team very well. The plans that are made and come to fruition are always top notch.

Cons

The ideas behind our business directions can turn on a dime. Thats not unique to this company, that's often just the way it is in the IT world.

Very exciting and challenging position

Former Employee - Tier I Support Engineer  in  San Diego, CA
    Former Employee - Tier I Support Engineer in San Diego, CA

I worked at Pointivity

Pros

Newest hardware and software with many challenges to face everyday, training is provided and exceptional benefit to all that work here.

Cons

Management doesnt seem to recognize the ideas of tier one support engineers, despite the fact that they might have relevant experience that might help.

Clearly state the objectives needed to the employees and ensure that they understand the objectives required of them so they can accomplish the goals.

Fast paced, high stress constantly

I worked at Pointivity

Pros

Lots of challenging work going on at client sites. If you are a self starter who can work independently (which is required) then you can do well here. You can develop lasting professional relationships with clients and have a sense of accomplishment through projects performed.

Cons

Many employees reported receiving no praise or reward, even after working very hard for the company. You are expected to perform at a continuous high level all the time and there is no room for error in the eyes of management it seems. They have EXTREMELY high turn over here, which says a lot about a company and its management. All the good people have left and they continuously cycle through employees... it has always been this way. Everyone has a "worst place you've ever worked" story... well...

Advice to management would be to re-evaluate how employees are treated. If they work hard for the company they deserve to be at least given praise and made to feel appreciated.

Worked for Pointivity? Contribute to the Community!