Polícia Federal

Computer Forensics Investigator

Current Employee - Crime Scene Investigator
    Current Employee - Crime Scene Investigator

I have been working at Polícia Federal

Pros

To be proud to give security to my country. To put in jail people with bad behavior, with no chance of social living.

Cons

Every job has some kind of problems, but here we can be proud to work in a job that our people trust.

Our leadership is one of the best in all our country. We are proud of our leadership and hope that it continue this way for long time.

Does not have meritocracy. Totally demotivating.

Current Employee - Agente De Polícia Federal in Piracicaba, São Paulo (Brazil)
    Current Employee - Agente De Polícia Federal in Piracicaba, São Paulo (Brazil)

I have been working at Polícia Federal full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

One would have the chance to travel a lot and to do different kind of jobs.

Cons

One cannot be promoted, you stay in the same post of your tender. Nowadays it has one of the worst salaries of the Federal Government. Have really archaic policies, based on hierarchy and discipline that does not encourage one's to get better and work better.

Need total reformulation.

It is very similar to the job of police officer, but you accumulate some functions of prosecuter.

Current Employee - Delegado De Polícia Federal in Brasília, Federal District (Brazil)

I have been working at Polícia Federal

Pros

The job as Delegado de Polícia Federal is something nice to do, mainly because you play several roles and has a dinamic routine.
    The salaries are great, compared to other job related with law.
    The stability is also very good.

Cons

lack of opportunities for professional growth or career advancement
    Poor Management;
    Lack of recognition for good works.
    Inexistence of feedback about job performance.
    Possibility of living several years in bad cities;

I think the Departamento de Polícia Federal don't have a real management of the human sources.
    There isn't opportunities for professional growth or career advancement and the management is very poor. Because of these, there is a general disaproving sensation about the leadership.
    i also think that the financial source should be better apllied, beause it is bought goods that are unnecessary.