Polaris FT

Polaris FT Reviews

Updated Jul 16, 2014

Polaris FT Chairman and CEO Arun Jain

Arun Jain

Pros
  • Stable long term projects and good work environment(in 14 reviews)

• Good work life balance, good scope for professional improvement, reasonable benefits(in 11 reviews)

Cons
  • Less pay , work life balance, HR Policies(in 13 reviews)

• Poor management makes the associates to stretch in the night & HR policies are not transparent(in 14 reviews)

Project manager

ProsOpen environment, lot of focus on trainings, open environment

ConsContract staffing project does not have much focus

An okay company

Senior Project Manager (Former Employee) New York, NY

ProsOnsite team are good to work with. Good Engagement manager and so the business development managers.

ConsOff Shore management people are egoistic and very selfish. They don't bother about employee situation. Very much based.

Advice to Senior ManagementIf situation goes on like this, you will be loosing excellent employees.

Unreachable management

Senior Consultant (Former Employee) Columbus, OH

ProsNo managers to monitor your work.

ConsNone of the managers or HR are reachable. If you have any grievance keep it to yourself

Advice to Senior ManagementDiversify management. 1 HR cannot manage 500-1000 employees and their requests.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Small Company Growth will be there; but need to have good managers but need to struggle lot to get that

Consultant (Current Employee) New York, NY

ProsSmall Company; Once if we proven our records, then based on managers grace we will get lot; Even if you did good; if manager don't like all the good things won't be highlighted and you will be sucked ... We can get visas if we prove our best.

ConsNo matching Salary as per industry standard; Take Home (Net Salary) will be less when compare to other company even though the Gross Income is same; Need to struggle lot to get the salary like putting paper and then they will consider; Recognition will not be happen if the resource is in R&A , T&M mode. Very few managers and seniors are Employee friendly.. will try to address our issues;

Advice to Senior ManagementNeed lot of scrutiny on Sales side; Need tracker for them what is the new accounts that they brought in .. whether are they sitting and enjoying in the old accounts which exists or not ... Need to step foot in all the areas like TCS, Infosys so that company may grow stronger ..

average place to work

Prosonsite opportunities ,good for learning

Conscompensation,average onsite opportunities for freshers

Advice to Senior Managementneed to improve relationship with client

review

ProsVery good company for starters

ConsLimited growth and not for long term

Advice to Senior ManagementCut down the Managers

bad

Prosnone, i really dont know what to say

Consa lot .. no money job satisfaction
    only politics
    5 ceos all puppets in hand of main ceo

Poor salary growth and very average career growth!!!

Team Lead (Current Employee) Iselin, NJ

Prosgood medical benefits
    Flexible work timings

ConsLimited scope and poor career growth!
    Worst salary structure for immigrant employees!
    rest all!!!!!!!

Benefits surely come if you stay longer with the company

Senior Consultant (Current Employee) Chicago, IL

Pros1. Company has a nice body shopping art of doing business which keeps it going and also keeps the clients happy.

2. Company will try its best to consider your aspirations and find a project matching your skills and needs. Not many companies do this.

3. Company offers job stability and at times rewards monetarily or provides encouragement through emails if you are doing well or you add value to the company.

4. The longer one stays with Polaris the more he/she is able to procure the cream from the cake or I should say able to cherry pick from the cake. Company treats such people well.

5. Company has a solid presence in key banking and financial domains such that one can develop both technical and domain skills at the same time.

6. Company gives you the platform to stand on your own feet and work independently as long as client is happy. Not many companies allow this. Ref - Account manager's ruthlessness in TCS, CTS, Infy etc

Cons1. Company seems to be unwell financially these days. Not enough volume of business.

2. Company was in news in 2013 for takeovers by other firms. This is not good for the long term image of the company.

3. In some areas of the company too much politics and too much time wasted on processes.

Advice to Senior ManagementPlease try to grow the company by adding new business from more banks/financial institutions.

Excellent Place to Learn

Lead Functional Tester (Current Employee) Warren, NJ

ProsGood Work Culture environment and worked as team member.

ConsNothing Specially negative about our company

Worked for Polaris FT? Contribute to the Community!