Polaroid

Updated Jun 20, 2014

Be The First To
Add Photos

Mary L. Jeffries

Polaroid was an incredible wonderful company to be a part of.

Purchasing/Administration (Former Employee) Norwood, MA

ProsFeeling of empowerment, respected for who you are and what you do, diversity acceptance, no micro management of individual contributors, employee stock/ownership, 401K match, great health insurance package, on-site fitness centers at most locations, family oriented with events for the entire family planned throughout the year. Employees are made to feel comfortable in being themselves and affording themselves the opportunity of serving on varied and diverse committees if they chose to. Great internal application process to have the chance to be promoted from within. The culture was phenomenal and I knew of no one who did not look forward to going to work at Polaroid every day.

ConsOnce Dr. Land passed away all hell broke loose. All employees were employee owners and should have played a major role if there was no plan in place as to the future of Polaroid. Great technology/marketing ideas which took too long, for whatever reason to market, thereby allowing competitors to launch a very similar product first.

Advice to Senior ManagementOnce Dr. Land passed away, there should have been a plan in place. Employee owners should have had the opportunity to vote for Dr. Land's successor.

Great company to work for

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsExcellent people; excellent salary; excellent benefits

Conschange came too late at the expense of valuable employees

Group Marketing manager

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

Prosgreat people and innovative products

Consout of business, bankrupt, gone

Advice to Senior Managementtoo late

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

A bizarre ride with many ups and downs.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Salt Lake City, UT

ProsWorked with many hard working and dedicated people.

ConsAllowed some employees to create a hostile work environment and never did anything to fix problems. Morale was extremely low.

Advice to Senior ManagementNeed to openly communicate more.

No comment

Manager (Former Employee) Waltham, MA

ProsIt was a very progressive company with a very dedicated workforce before the bankruptcy. Things changed dramatically with new ownership.

ConsThe new ownership was not interested in running the company. Their concerns centered around squeezing as much money out of the company before they flipped it.

Advice to Senior ManagementConsider the impact you are having on the employees and their families.

Supply Chain

Supply Chain (Former Employee) São Paulo, São Paulo (Brazil)

ProsVery good place to work

ConsI do not have anything to say on this category,

Very bad experiance here at Polaroid.

Manager (Current Employee)

ProsMoney and benefits are nice

Conselitist engineers and managers at Polaroid

Advice to Senior ManagementGet new managers

OK place to work.

Shift Supervisor (Former Employee)

ProsPretty tough. A paycheck is about the best.

ConsSenior management is clueless about how to run a business let alone a technology business in an extremely fast paced environment.

Advice to Senior ManagementWake up and get some real views from people who are not yes people. There were a lot of really good dedicated hard working individuals who put all their effort and dedication into doing what they were supposed to do, but because of lack of direction and the ability of the company to shift gears with the real world, they lost an awful lot.

Worked for Polaroid? Contribute to the Community!