Policy Studies Inc

Part of the Abiilene Workforce project

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Abilene, TX
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Abilene, TX

I worked at Policy Studies Inc

Pros

PSI was a good employer and afforded opportunities to stretch oneself.

Cons

Project funding and bidding process did not allow for job security.

There is good and bad

Current Employee - Analyst  in  Denver, CO
    Current Employee - Analyst in Denver, CO

I have been working at Policy Studies Inc

Pros

You get to work in an industry that helps out people. People are generally very nice and the company has a nice office.

Cons

The companies upper mngmt is not the greatest. I left because I was worried about the future of the company.

Upper management needs to get their act straight. Look to the future and stop out sourcing their IT division. yes.

The worst of the worst

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Policy Studies Inc

Pros

Employees for the most part are friendly and support one another. Benefits are good. Easy but repetitive work.

Cons

Cannot keep a Site Manager for long.
    Site Managers the company hires are usually MIA (missing in action) most of the time or the opposite, all in your face.
    Management does not appreciate or care about the employees.
    The title Manager does not warrant you authority to speak to people like they are children or constantly yell throughout the office making your employees feel intimidated.
    Manager does not give you the right to belittle employees.
    Come on, where is the thinking process of those hiring these people.
    There has to be someone out there who can come in and run this office in a professional manner without feeling they own a factory of toy robots. Someone who cares about the contracts but sincerely appreciates those who help you keep the contracts.

Obviously there is a problem at the management level across the board at Policy Studies. Hire a consulting firm to advise the company on how to hire effective managers and to train those that are presently with the company to be true leaders and not tyrants. How to keep morale up with the employees. Whenever the company loses a manager, the morale declines with the employees, extra money is being spent for managers to fly from other PSI locations to supervise this location. Money is spent on hotel, food, rental car. Hiring a consultant to train effective managers is an investment. It will cut down on complaints from employees to corporate regarding the ineffecient, unprofessional manner the present manager is performing. Words on paper can be persuasive but what can you do to keep a balance of good employees on board and deliver promised services without being a dictator.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

beware

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Austin, TX
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

I have been working at Policy Studies Inc

Pros

you will stay busy. you can stay in your own world. the benefits are really good. (apl, insurance etc)

Cons

twenty words wouldn't begin to portray my disgust on how things have been carrying on here. It's amazing that we're still afloat.

maybe stop playing and laughing all day long and pay a little bit more attention to the queues and your employees. they are struggling to cover your a**, while all you do is....well what is it exactly that you do?

I wouldn't recommend anyone work fot this company

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Atlanta, GA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

I worked at Policy Studies Inc

Pros

The DCU for Georgia PeachCare has excellent work atmosphere and employee morale.
    Easy work...allows you time to find a job that is really satisfying...outside of this company.

Cons

Management displaying favoritism among staff members.
    Management not holding all staff to same standards.
    Management allows people who are not meeting production standards to continue being employed without some type of performance improvement.
    Incompetent management who only work part-time when they are supposed to be full-time staff.
    Medical insurance benefits are the worst and high in cost, especially if you have family coverage.
    Great work is never acknowledged in reviews. The company leadership advises team leads not to give high ratings to staff, even if its deserved.
    No raises in the last two years, even though they were promised.

Do a better job vetting your management staff. Make sure your leadership team is knowledgeable of their position and that of their staff. How can a manager manage what he/she has no knowledge of? Manage your managers!! Improve your employee morale and focusing on the dollar. All the changes the company has gone through the last three or four years has caused a loss in a substanital amount of contracts. That should tell you something about your current processes.

Diverse Company

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Fishers, IN
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Fishers, IN

I have been working at Policy Studies Inc

Pros

Flexibility; Consideration is given to creative, positive suggestions

Cons

Below market wages
    Family Medical Benefits are unaffordable

I am uncomfortable responding to this question.

Proceed with caution

Current Employee - Manager  in  Denver, CO
    Current Employee - Manager in Denver, CO

I have been working at Policy Studies Inc

Pros

Work with human services agencies, the people at the project level are usually very talented

Cons

Sr. Management has driven off key staff, few opportunities for advancement, poor communication about important events, high spend on initiatives that are risky

Get back to the basics of what made PSI successful.

This company does not deserve it's current rating

I worked at Policy Studies Inc for less than a year

Pros

Location is cool and co-workers are nice
    The office is very nice / modern
    Good places to eat
    Close to the light rail
    They provide an eco pass to employees

Cons

Known as one of the worst places to work in Denver
    Arrogant, close minded IT operations people

If I were Maximus, I would consider your acquisition as "an investment into broadening our channel", and bring everything back home and dissolve the PSI Denver, CO office.

PSI is a terrible company to work for. Co-workers and Supervisors have no problem lying to protect their positions.

I worked at Policy Studies Inc

Pros

I think that the projects out in the field did good work and really cared about serving and helping the participants.

Cons

Management communicates poorly to the general staff population and as a result rumors are rampant. Compensation is unevenly administered. There is a total lack of accountability on the part of Director and VP level managers.

The board of directors should replace all executive and VP level managers. Or, they should just sell the company like they were planning to.

If I lose my current position and could not get a job anywhere else maybe I would re-apply

I worked at Policy Studies Inc

Pros

Hiring seems inconsistent. One very good entry level followed by terrible mid-level Leader.
    Met some exceptionally talented people in management.
    HR appears well informed of proper business practices.

Cons

Leaders culture seems as they are experts of everything regardless of field they are addressing.
    A few exceptional Leaders I met seem to look the other way or don't notice poor lower level managers.

The detailed evaluations on employees and the hiring process appear in the end to be fluff covering poor personal decisions. You are losing very talented people (and missing out on others).

Worked for Policy Studies Inc? Contribute to the Community!