Poliform USA Reviews

1. Poliform sales, service declining, management without a clue

Former Employee - Project Manager in Chicago, IL
    Former Employee - Project Manager in Chicago, IL

I worked at Poliform USA

Pros

Poliform sells a top-quality product. Brand recognition is still decent. Factory support is very good.

Cons

Sales have been down for at least 18 months and staff has been cut drastically.
    Unfortunately, management does not seem to have a clue about how to turn sales around.
    Top management seems unwilling to try out ideas that are not their own.
    Service to customers has been reduced and the company's reputation has suffered.
    Lots of brain-drain at this company due to massive staff cuts.

Advice to Management

Invest in a marketing plan.
    If you don't know how to market your product, pay someone who does.
    Come up with a plan to increase sales, and fast.
    Stop letting the bean counters make all of the decisions.
    You can only cut costs for so long. Sooner or later you will have to sell something in order to make a profit.
    Listen to the sales staff. They know the market and they know what will sell.
    Ignore them at your peril.

2. Micromanaging and underappreciating

Former Employee - Designer in Miami, FL
    Former Employee - Designer in Miami, FL

I worked at Poliform USA full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Salary and that's about it.

Cons

When I began working at Poliform Miami everyone from senior management, sales team and designers never acknowledged me. Never tried to train me or inform me about the products and the showroom/company's goals. I had to try and train myself, so my work/life balance was very poor. The work itself is very redundant and not accurate, people are never on the same page. It's just so strange to me, no one there was encouraging or welcoming. There is no genuine enthusiasm, management is selfish, unclear and very intimidating.
    I wasn't given a chance to prove myself and so I'm extremely glad I don't work there anymore; wasn't a positive experience at all. I'd rather accept a lower salary than work at Poliform Miami any day.

Advice to Management

Invest in training, consider being more positive, friendly and understanding to new staff. Work on your communication skills with everyone. Take responsibility for direction and open the showroom doors on time. Give good talent a chance. Stop mixing business with pleasure.