Polo Ralph Lauren

Polo Ralph Lauren Reviews

Updated Jul 8, 2014

Polo Ralph Lauren Chairman and CEO Ralph Lauren

Ralph Lauren

Pros:
  • "Ralph Lauren has excellent employee benefits and offers a generous employee discount"
    in 32 reviews
  • "Great customers; great product; great discount"
    in 29 reviews
Cons:
  • "work/life balance, people who thrive at RL are people who make retail sales their career instead of a job"
    in 10 reviews
  • "You can't really expect internal promotions if you are a part-time or contract at a retail"
    in 18 reviews
  • Show more review highlights

Reviews

For nothing

Temp (Current Employee)
    High Point, NC

ProsYou have a job. if you ever make it to full time it not a bad place to work, if you ever get that chance

ConsAs a temp. They keep most as temps and never give full time job ,because we are cheap and disposable. I have worked harder than most full time people there and still have nothing to show for it. Our pay never goes up, no days off and work much harder than most. Still yet can be let go any given time. The only way it seems you can get anywhere in the company if you are fake, kiss butt or screw/suck someone.... really unhappy with the company that has people over departments that have no common sense! truly just a meat house ! as far as customer satisfaction well lets just say they do a lot of things hoping the the customer don't notice........

Advice to Senior Managementpay attention to the little people they r truly the ones who keep the place going.

Stayed too long at a company too big

Merchandise Planner (Current Employee)
    New York, NY

ProsThere is a nice feeling of job security and a decent employee discount. The people that work there are generally nice but it doesn't offset the office politics.

ConsCompensation is poor when compared to similar companies in the field. Lots of turnover of the staff and management which leads to a low moral on the floor and departments disorganized.

Sales Associate at Ralph Lauren

Sales Associate/Cashier (Former Employee)
    Freeport, ME

ProsCoworkers were happy to come to work, often early as well as offering to stay late. The culture was warm, friendly, positive and constructive. Feedback was constant from peers and management. Structure allowed for in-depth learning and developing of merchandising skills quickly. Register Trained in 2 weeks. Coming into retail with no experience I felt fairly paid (by the hour). Company discount is huge. Asked to do in-house modeling, paid well. Breaks are incredibly flexible. Management was down to earth, supportive and assertive.

ConsTraining was simple. If you wanted to learn about each and every detail of the products it was up to you to really show you cared. It's a big ask of a company like Ralph Lauren because their brand is so diverse.

Advice to Senior ManagementI would encourage management to continue to do what they are doing, remaining consistent is difficult.

• We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Ralph Lauren has been the best company that I have ever worked for.

Sales Lead (Current Employee)
    Dawsonville, GA

ProsYou get really great benefits plus you have the chance to be promoted with in the company its all up to you.

ConsThe hours can be a real challenge sometimes.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep doing what your doing.

Sweat Shop, Slave Plantation !!

Katy, TX

ProsDiscount and some of the people are kind, none in upper management.

ConsThey work you down to the ground, they never have anything good to say to you, you can't talk, you have to be moving at ALL times, they treat the staff very poor, they don't really give you hours and they don't give people LAWFUL breaks.

Advice to Senior Managementtreat people with respect, and stop breaking the law with the 15 minute breaks and beating staff down with WORDS. I see why they hire kids, because they don't know any better.

Great learning experience for college internship

Public Relations Intern (Former Employee)
    New York, NY

ProsFriendly and focused environment. They really want you to be productive while having fun.

ConsYou always feel under dressed when you're walking in the mansion headquarters

Advice to Senior Management:)

Great experience & company

Anonymous (Former Employee)

ProsRoom for advancement. Great discounts & great days off.

ConsThe merchandise / products are expensive.

Not the place to be.

Sales Floor Supervisor (Current Employee)
    Allen, TX

ProsWardrobe Discount
    Fun co-workers
    Food provided at times

ConsLate night markdowns every week
    Overnight floor-sets every month
    Lack of communication
    Archaic operating systems

Advice to Senior ManagementListen to your team and implement what is necessary to be more effective.

Great company but not so great quality of staff.

Selling Manager (Current Employee)
    Miami, FL

ProsBenefits and discounts are great.

ConsOpportunities to grow are very limited.

Advice to Senior ManagementMore attention needs to be given to the talent within the company instead of outsourcing.

Best experience of my life

Creative Director (Former Employee)
    New York, NY

ProsIncredible family and most talented group of employees in the industry hands down.

ConsNo challenges, just learn the culture, love it, and you're in like Flynn.

Advice to Senior ManagementPay closer attention to regional upper management. Support them in becoming more effective leaders.

Worked for Polo Ralph Lauren? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Polo Ralph Lauren reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Polo Ralph Lauren CEO Ralph Lauren. All 382 reviews posted anonymously by Polo Ralph Lauren employees.