Polo Ralph Lauren

Polo Ralph Lauren Reviews in Lyndhurst, NJ

Updated Jun 25, 2014

Polo Ralph Lauren Chairman and CEO Ralph Lauren

Ralph Lauren

Pros
  • Ralph Lauren has excellent employee benefits and offers a generous employee discount (in 37 reviews)

• Great brand name, great discounts, generally great co-workes (in 32 reviews)

Cons
  • work/life balance, people who thrive at RL are people who make retail sales their career instead of a job (in 12 reviews)

• Full time seasonal, as well as part time managerial/supervisor positions are non existent (in 20 reviews)

More Highlights
8 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

Great Company that is still growing in other parts of the work. Good oppurtunities

Senior Manager (Current Employee) Lyndhurst, NJ

ProsCan move internally and laterally to other departments. Interesting work and projects

ConsCareer Growth is tough although you can always do challenging projects

Advice to Senior ManagementFocus on people management not just project management

Disorganized and Frustrating Place to Work

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Lyndhurst, NJ

ProsGood work life balance (in certain departments), good employee discount, very casual dress code (jeans, etc.)

ConsCompany is overall very disorganized. Everyone directs you to someone else when you have a question and it's very hard to get any answers. The management in my department is not good at all and I don't feel like I am learning anything. Not a lot of vacation/personal time.

One of the worst place!

Internal Auditor (Former Employee) Lyndhurst, NJ

ProsGood employee discounts, no formal dress code.

ConsThe Internal Audit Department within Ralph Lauren is considered as a "revolving door" for a reason. The turnover of staff and managers is really high. The management do not care about the employees within the department and rather focus on politics to get the work done. All seniors and managers do the same exact work but they are just titled, and paid differently. No money is spent on training. The upper management only cares about their bonuses and lie to their employees if and when a valid concern has been raised. There is very little personal growth to speak about. I will never recommend the Internal Audit Department at RL for employment to anyone.

Advice to Senior ManagementListen to employees, provide appropriate training and provide them the growth they truly deserve.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Upper Management is Demotivating

Internal Auditor (Current Employee) Lyndhurst, NJ

ProsWork isn't very difficult
    Get to wear casual clothes daily

ConsThe upper management in my department is completely demotivating. They posses the characteristics that are the complete opposite of what makes a good leader. Constantly looking to blame someone when there is a mistake. Everyone above the manager level is extremely awkward and socially inept. Micromanagement. Unwillingless to listen to ideas/suggestions that go against how they think things should be working even if the suggestion can strengthen a control or provide increased efficiency to a project. They are extremely inefficient; would rather sit and speculate for hours on why something is done a certain way when it could just be answered with a quick 10 minute phone call.

Advice to Senior ManagementWhen you ask your employees "how we can make this a better work environment?" actually mean it! Don't ask just to say you asked and then not listen.

Finance Intern

Finance Intern (Current Employee) Lyndhurst, NJ

Pros-Great People to work with
    -Great environment that allows you to implement your own ideas
    -Learned alot

Cons-Tasks are sometimes dull and amount to nothing more than making copies

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep doing what you guys are doing, it fosters a great environment where you dont get punished for not knowing things

Meh

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Lyndhurst, NJ

ProsRecognizable name, good discount, leading edge on processes, possibility for international travel.

ConsTerrible pay, senior management is interested in cost cutting. Anyone below senior levels is treated as replaceable. Benefits are laughable, there is no tuition reimbursement. I cannot pay my bills with a discount on clothes. NJ is treated as the step child. I think Ralph has been in the NJ office MAYBE once and probably by accident.

Advice to Senior ManagementIf you dont pay your talent, you will not keep them.

Great company, Great place to work.

Assistant Buyer (Current Employee) Lyndhurst, NJ

ProsGreat company to work for, excellent benefits including vacation, sick/personal time, and Summer Fridays. This is a company with a fabulous brand that will stand the test of time -- job security is definitely an added bonus. There is opportunity for advancement once you have proven your competence in current position.

ConsPolitics, politics, politics. As with many companies, it's not what you know but who you know. During my tenure with this company (several years) I have seen many people unjustly passed over for opportunitites and promotions because someone's father knows the right VP. In the end, those who work hard and do a good job do get noticed and rewarded for their efforts, though.

Advice to Senior ManagementFocus on individual's contribution to the business reward on those merits.

Great Oppurtunities within your own grasp.

Senior Accountant (Current Employee) Lyndhurst, NJ

ProsIt is a well-recognized company with a lot of potential for growth. You need to speak up in order for you to be heard at times and get what you deserve. If you want the chance to advance within the company, you will have to go for it aggressively. Nothing in life is really handed to you. Another great reason is the opportunity to continue learning new things, whether it is a new process, new program to help with your job or maybe something outside of your career zone. At polo you continue to learn new tools that help you with your person goals.

ConsOne of the negative side of working at Polo is the long hours we put in daily in the Finance Department. It comes with the position but I feel some deadlines are not reachable during reasonable hours, this causes a lot of us to work later than others. Another negative is the lack of communication from management to the peers. In any company, news travels fast and management is always way behind on the news. Also some information that is important to our position sometimes is not communicated with us and this causes problems with our tasks. I think open communication is the more important trait to have in a company.

Advice to Senior ManagementThey need to be more open and communicate to us anything that will effect our role within Polo Ralph Lauren. This will help us out in advancing and keeping the respect that Polo deserves.

Worked for Polo Ralph Lauren? Contribute to the Community!