Polo Ralph Lauren

Polo Ralph Lauren Reviews

Updated Jul 24, 2014

Polo Ralph Lauren Chairman and CEO Ralph Lauren

Ralph Lauren

Pros
  • Ralph Lauren has excellent employee benefits and offers a generous employee discount(in 36 reviews)

• Great customers; great product; great discount(in 31 reviews)

Cons
  • work/life balance, people who thrive at RL are people who make retail sales their career instead of a job(in 12 reviews)

• Full time seasonal, as well as part time managerial/supervisor positions are non existent(in 20 reviews)

Terrible Company

Sales Professional (Former Employee) Atlanta, GA

ProsGreat Employee Discount and Wardrobe Allowance

ConsLow pay + benefits, Low moral between management and associates, Little to no room for promotion.

Advice to Senior ManagementManagement Training desperately needed.

Great company, great discounts, cares about employees

ProsGreat brand name, great discounts, generally great co-workes

ConsPolitics, not enough time off

Advice to Senior ManagementLess political game playing and more political maneuvering will allow for processes to move faster; Pay is at sub-industry rates.

Rewarding.

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Greensboro, NC

ProsOpportunities are there, if you have the desire and drive to take advantage of them.

ConsNothing to report at this time.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

The company has great benefits however you have no time for personal life and they pick and choose who gets the better s

Sales Floor Supervisor (Former Employee) Nags Head, NC

ProsThe benefits are pretty good and would be even better if they added some type of gym membership. Online discount is %50.

ConsPersonal growth is limited, I was apart of management and management loved to gossip and separate themselves from the actual associates. I was the only one who really communicated with the associates which is why they loved working with me.

Advice to Senior ManagementBe constant with the schedule and get to know your associates.

Perfect retail job for first-time or beginner sales associate

Sales Associate (Former Employee) Aurora, IL

ProsWorking for an internationally recognized brand, opportunities in sales and cash handling as well as basic assistant management, working with a large retail team, very community based.

ConsTerrible hours, outlet mall setting gives way to less desirable consumers, MILLIONS of foreign tourists a year that do not speak ANY english, this is bottom of the totem poll at RL and upward movement takes a considerable amount of time.`

Advice to Senior ManagementNone at this time

great place

Sales Associate (Former Employee) New York, NY

ProsCo-workers & Management - the majority of the people I worked with were amazing. I am still close to one of my managers today and I consider her a mentor. If you work hard your managers will notice. This will make your experience better.
    Employee Discount
    Growth - I worked very hard during my time at Macy's and within six months had already received two promotions, which ended me working in the cosmetics department.

ConsThe Macy's I worked at forced us to join a Union. Being a part-time employee getting paid a quarter above minimum wage, a Union was something I did not want to pour my money into.
    The customers; management at Macy's has given the customer way too much freedom for too long. Customers now know that if they treat an employee like dirt by complaining about something completely out of the stores control, they will be rewarded with a coupon or "Macy's Money" to help them remain loyal customers. This causes the employees to be treated like dirt on a consistent basis, and it is more prevalent during the holiday seasons.

Advice to Senior ManagementBe more forceful with customers; the customer is not always right and it is time they were treated that way. Also, increase your starting base salary

Going downhill

Sales Associate (Current Employee)

ProsFriendly management, great incentives that follow down from higher up corporate, easy job, value customer service, allow for leadership from sales associates

ConsWe don't train anymore, so nobody knows how to fold. Since we value customer service so much our brand presentation has been suffering.. aka the store looks like a disaster. Gossip between managers/employees is obnoxious

Advice to Senior ManagementDon't gossip with/about your employees.

Great learning experience but very uptight management

Corporate Intern (Former Employee) New York, NY

ProsThe training program was great and they did a lot to help the interns. A very corporate environment in the fashion world

ConsVery high strung and stressful position during sales times. Little room to move if you did not enjoy your department

Short but sweet

Display Freelancer (Former Employee) New York, NY

ProsWorked as a window display fabricator, worked overnights, when the store was closed. Colleagues were good people, compensation was decent. Transport back (cab to brooklyn from UES) was comped, which was appreciated.

ConsCan't say I enjoyed setting up a Native American tent to display the latest RL patterns, but "fashion".

Advice to Senior ManagementNo criticisms, good job.

Great

ProsGreat place. i liked it a lot. great mobility, awesome people. wages were great. great company. polo ralph lauren is the best.

Conscustomers were annoying, stuck up, rich people, blegh. it was cool though. still ralph doe. time off was kind of wack, but its all good though.

Worked for Polo Ralph Lauren? Contribute to the Community!