Polo Ralph Lauren Reviews

Reset

1. General Manager

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

I worked at Polo Ralph Lauren (More than 3 years)

Pros

icon brand, rich in tradition

Cons

working nights, weekends, and holidays

2. Retail/Sales

Pros

Higher pay in comparison to other similar positions. Flexible hours Great location Good job for students looking to start a career in retail

Cons

Becomes routine and can get boring after awhile Standing for long periods of time Store can get really busy at times

3. Associate Manager of Fabric Operations

I have been working at Polo Ralph Lauren full-time

Pros

-Great immediate team to work with. -There are many challenges that make you learn and grow a lot. -An amazing brand.

Cons

-Poor senior management with lack of clarity of direction. -They do not appreciate their junior team and all they do for them. -HR is to no assistance

Advice to Management

Be transparent with your actual business plans and be clear with communication

5. Great Place to Work

Current Employee - Retail Sales Associate in San Diego, CA
    Current Employee - Retail Sales Associate in San Diego, CA

Pros

So far, everyone that I have met who also works for Polo Ralph Lauren is very friendly and easy to talk to.

Cons

Honestly, so far I don't really have any reason to dislike the company or the people that I work with.

Great Company! Lot's of Growth Opportunity!

Former Employee - Brand Manager in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Brand Manager in New York, NY

I worked at Polo Ralph Lauren full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Thoroughly enjoyed my time at RL. I had been there for several years and met a lot of wonderful people throughout that time. Lot's of growth opportunity in my department. Co-workers were all great. We all love what we do, so it was always fun.

Cons

There were really no cons. Sometimes we worked long hours, but that is to be expected in any corporate role.

Advice to Management

My advice to management would be to really look at who they are recruiting. This company is amazing and attracts everyone in the retail industry. It's harder to pick through the bad eggs when there are just so many people who want to be a part of this company.

7. 4+yrs Polo Ralph Lauren Sales Associate

Current Employee - Sales Associate, Stock Associate, Cashier in Orlando, FL
    Current Employee - Sales Associate, Stock Associate, Cashier in Orlando, FL

I have been working at Polo Ralph Lauren part-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Strong company name which may give edge in future applications Offers upward growth opportunities Almost always hiring in Orlando Premium Outlets store Good entry level job to get foot in door

Cons

Inconsistent work hours (based off of season) High turnover (employees quit often) Either super busy or very slow depending on store location Poor management at store #001

Advice to Management

Leave personal issues outside of work Stop gossiping amongst yourselves while working Attempt to uphold a higher degree of professionalism

8. Poor Management

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Bal Harbour, FL
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Bal Harbour, FL

I worked at Polo Ralph Lauren full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great for your resume and relationship building. The company is known worldwide which is always a plus and can really help with improving sales skills and tactics with a global client. Met so many wonderful customers and had an exceptional experience customer/sales wise.

Cons

The company especially the Bal Harbour location which I worked in was a complete mess internally. The face of it is fabulous and edgy, sexy, classic, all American. Internally it's trashy, Bad mouthed sorority/fraternity fest. Most of the people there had landed their jobs because they were a friend. they missed the memo that work class and leadership is what you are looking for to build a team.

Advice to Management

Fire everyone and start over. This store really does have the potential to be up to par with the fashion capitals.

9. selling manager

Pros

Great managent team, advancement opportunities,

Cons

Its who you know. Long hours

Ralph Lauren

Current Employee - Product Development Manager/Technical Designer in New York, NY

I have been working at Polo Ralph Lauren full-time

Pros

Great access to heritage company. Good support from team members. Has great resources at your fingertips. Generous discount and perks. Will look good on your resume. .

Cons

Salary is below market rate. Slow at promotions. Mobility within company is not as easily accessible as HR claims. Long hours, stuck on old processes. Legacy employees tend to not embrace new ideas.

Advice to Management

Need appreciate new employee's ideas and what they can bring to the table from their previous experience. Need to be less upper management centric.

11. Great Company But Going Thru Changes...

I worked at Polo Ralph Lauren full-time

Pros

Great quality of clothing Easy to sell and make money

Cons

The brand is changing thus the regular clientele is no longer shopping.

RSS Feed </> Embed