PolyVista Reviews

13 reviews filtered by
2.6
Shahbaz Anwar

1. Frustrating and challenging, but very satisfying and rewarding.

Former Employee - Sales in Kalamazoo, MI
    Former Employee - Sales in Kalamazoo, MI

I worked at PolyVista

Pros

Astonishing product/service offerings, some amazing work with text analysis. Flat management structure removes micro-management. Rewarded for your successes. More recent focus on developing new products/services to meet market need. The best co-workers I've ever been around, or at least most of them.

Cons

Direction the company was going wasn't always clear - things changed more than they should have, and in result some great employees sought out work elsewhere. Benefits package is good, but not great. Didn't get rid of poor performers/toxic employees fast enough.

I left because of how good my resume had become because of what PolyVista experience had done for me in my personal and professional growth. My advice, is to set a clear overall vision for the company, and get the team to buy-in and every move you make, whether or not changes occur, is in the direction of the overall vision. Need more strong leaders to help develop and grow new talent and retain current talent. Things seem to be trending upward, but an influx of fresh talent could push you to the next level.

Please look elsewhere

I worked at PolyVista full-time

Pros

You will feel good with the pay in your first couple of months then you will get hit with reality. The reality is that the company cannot acquire a client and had not for the last 3 years. All operations besides sales are outsourced overseas. Us jobs are not valued as you are only valued if you can generate 10 sales a week. This is something that is garnered impossible as there are only to local techs.

Cons

Office culture is open but breeds redundancy. You will be held to booking meetings everyday that will not transpire into anything more than hurting the account strategy within your personal accounts. Upper management is hardly ever there and does not seem to really care. No work is done outside the office, meaning that everything needs to be done over the phone. Product is week in terms of visualization compared to other products and price point is unfair as it relates to the competition. Owner will not be supportive over the long haul as you are just a number.

Please look elsewhere

Beware. This is a dead end telemarketing job.

I worked at PolyVista full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Free lunch on fridays. You can basically come and go as you please. Performance is based on how many calls you make a day.

Cons

Management and ownership have no clue what they are doing. People are hired just to make a lot of calls and a few demos that go no where. There is no career path or opportunity at this company, unless you plan on telemarketing for the rest of your life.

Give up. Admit that you have no business running a company and move on.

5. not so frustrated after speaking with friend who left PV for greener pastures and misses PV

I have been working at PolyVista full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Have been given many opportunities to grow professionally, take on responsibilities and new roles that would have not have happened elsewhere.

Cons

It can be crazy at times. remote leadership and management so at times support and direction is weak. goals and measurements change too frequently. expectations are unrealistic.

Dead end job at a company going nowhere

Former Employee - Business Development Associate in Kalamazoo, MI
    Former Employee - Business Development Associate in Kalamazoo, MI

I worked at PolyVista full-time (more than a year)

Pros

When I started the compensation structure was really good.. but that changed.
    The other BDAs were great people to work with and I met some awesome people.

Cons

The compensation structure changes on a whim and continues to take away from your salary.
    There are absolutely no opportunities for advancement, regardless of what they tell you.
    The company is shrinking, rapidly.
    Management seems to have absolutely no direction or idea what they are doing. They operate on an out of date sales model and fail to close deals repeatedly. It is tough watching your hard work constantly get fumbled and then told lame excuses for why the prospect wasn't right.
    Suggestions or ideas for improvement fall on deaf ears, and at times threaten managements ego, no matter how helpful you're trying to be.
    Your job is constantly on the line, not because of your performance, but because they have to cut salaries from the budget.
    It shouldn't be so hard to have open lines of communication is such a small company, there shouldn't be the disconnect that exists

Honestly? Give up. Sell what you have left and exit the industry. You have no business running a company. The only real chance you have of saving this company would be to hire an actual industry professional, completely give up control to them, and hope on a wing and a prayer that they can save this sinking ship. But even that is a long shot.

7. The owner needs to bring on a business coach to help make better decision

Former Employee - BDA in Kalamazoo, MI
    Former Employee - BDA in Kalamazoo, MI

I worked at PolyVista full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Great office leadership and good people to hang around

Cons

Changed the compensation to an unworthy level. CEO makes random decisions in the immediate operations of the company

Bleeding Money

Current Employee - BDA in Kalamazoo, MI
    Current Employee - BDA in Kalamazoo, MI

I have been working at PolyVista full-time (more than a year)

Pros

You can make a lot of money

Cons

Launching a career here is not a resume builder
    Dealiing with the outsourced HR department is painful
    You are compensated for how busy you are, i.e. completing introductory meetings to sales leads no matter how useless you already knew that meeting was going to be because that person was not a budget holder, decision maker, influencer, or even in the right department; and not the value you bring to the company, activities including market research and qualifying leads
    It takes an astronomical amount of meetings for sales executives to close one deal
    Performance metrics are based on superstition and not on industry norms or historical data
    Compensation plan changes so often you will never know how much you are going to make
    Projects are never completed when they are planned over several days or weeks they are always abandoned
    Lack of coaching from senior staff, you are berated and threatened to perform at their standards but are not instructed on best practices to reach them or the advice you are given is so general that it is useless, cookie cutter advice
    No pricing model for the product, profit margins are non existent
    Anyone who has studied business can see that the PolyVista Kalamazoo office is reminiscent of ENRON. Financial stability of the company is kept secret, employees are bullied to reach unattainable sales metrics and ethics are questionable.

It would be possible to reach the the high expectations with better coaching and a market research department, that way BDA's don't have to go blindly looking for prospects and in the end costing a lot of money to the company. Many BDA's joined PolyVista to help build the company into a world class business, not just to collect a paycheck. Please treat your employees with dignity and respect because in the end you are all on the same team, the sales team, the team that is suppose to bring in money not waste it.

9. Great Opportunity

I have been working at PolyVista full-time

Pros

Sky is the limit. If you have ever wondered what it would be like to be part of a company that is quickly expanding and taking over the market, this is your chance.

Cons

This career is not for followers, only leaders.

Stop hiring for a while. We have a good thing. And if you do decide to hire, make sure they have confidence in themselves to lead.

10. Beautiful Product, Easy-Sell, Booming Business and Rapidly Growing Company

Current Employee - Business Development Manager in Kalamazoo, MI
    Current Employee - Business Development Manager in Kalamazoo, MI

I have been working at PolyVista full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

PolyVista has afforded me many great opportunities in an incredibly short amount of time that I know I would not have received from any other company. Within 2 years I’ve moved up to manager and will soon be moving again into a more analytical role. I talk to the most powerful people in the country on a daily basis and I can tell you that we work very hard at PolyVista but always as a team – very tight-knit crew. And while we do work very hard, they always reward it. Very exciting times…I’ll be buying a new car this weekend!

Cons

We work around client's schedules, which can sometimes be a little crazy - but I guess that's what you get when your clients are the most senior executives at Fortune500 companies.

Keep hiring.

Great software product with no one capable getting it to market leading the company

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Kalamazoo, MI
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Kalamazoo, MI

I worked at PolyVista

Pros

The product is developed and works great. If you are looking to get into a career in software sales where income is your only concern, then this is a company for you.

Also, they have Friday lunch catered in the office.

Cons

There are no other opportunities outside of sales. Management's hidden goal is a sell-out (though they would never tell you that) eventually so there will likely never be other opportunities outside of sales. Management has little to no experience in actually managing people with career progress ambitions, only software and sales. Corporate communication is non-existent from the top-down and you will never know what is going on. I don't recommend working there.

Feedback to management is useless. They don't listen.