Polyclinic Reviews

Updated August 21, 2014
Updated August 21, 2014

2.2

Lloyd David

Good stepping stone position to gain experience

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Seattle, WA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

I have been working at Polyclinic full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

I felt that my starting salary here was fair for the work I did. I felt like I was able to network with other departments fairly well.

Cons

Although my position was a good first-job-out-of-college, I found it hard to move higher up within my department because of slow turn around time and lack of managerial positions. A supervisor could have as many as 3 titles, probably to save money.

Micro-managing would be my biggest complaint with management in my department. Also, management would also benefit from practicing an open-door policy with employees to feel more comfortable.

Management Team Has Retired - On the Job

I worked at Polyclinic for more than a year

Pros

Management rises to their level of incompetence

Cons

Management is the least efficient activity in this organization
    Someone quits each week (hmm)

Real leaders take the blame and give the credit – not the other way around
    Arrogance is not a positive leadership trait
    Funds being allocated to management should be used to pay a consultant to conclude your business is top-heavy

Good experience for someone starting out

Former Employee - Medical Assistant  in  Seattle, WA
    Former Employee - Medical Assistant in Seattle, WA

I worked at Polyclinic full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

I was able to gain experience in all aspects of a clinic from front office to back office in a variety of primary care and specialist care settings. The software training for new hires was by far the best I have experienced in any job. Not only did he take time to work with me, but made sure that I was doing okay during my first 90 days by checking in either by email or in person. I felt cared for and now I know EPIC which is used everywhere.

Cons

Working as a float you don't always know where you are going, or what you are doing, which can be difficult at times. I knew that when I accepted the job, but it was still challenging.

Keep up the good work!

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

There's a special spot in hell for this place

Former Employee - PSR  in  Seattle, WA
    Former Employee - PSR in Seattle, WA

I worked at Polyclinic full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

My paycheck never bounced. Although I am sure that's from the stability that the medical field offers.

Cons

I have never in my life seen such a disorganized, unprofessional, & just plain toxic work environment in my life. Administration has no idea what the actual worker bees go through on a daily basis & do everything half fast. One member of administration openly has an affair with his assistant. Most managers are unqualified, lazy, & run their departments on hear say & gossip. There is so much dead weight that gets high praises & employee of the month on a regular basis while the real hard workers go unrecognized. Worst of all, they cut benefits to cost employees more money out of pocket for less coverage all so they can pay for a new office. Its no surprise that doctors are frequently leaving.

Wake up & smell the coffee! You need to clean house & look at who/ what the real problems are.

Polyclinic employment is a sure disappointment due to phony management and blatant disregard for staff.

Former Employee - Medical Assistant  in  Seattle, WA
    Former Employee - Medical Assistant in Seattle, WA

I worked at Polyclinic full-time for less than a year

Pros

- a learning experience showing just how much a healthcare professional can take before quitting.

-the pay is average

Cons

The Polyclinic orientation is a façade. Outside vendors supply their onboarding literature - no originality, creativity or vision. There is awful buffoonery during Polyclinic attempted software instruction. During your orientation they ask you to sign their job description agreement, and it has two pages of medical assistant duties, and then at the end, there is a clause that basically says management can ask you to do what ever management directs. A medical assistant may be asked to: change your job title everyday, empty garbage everyday, perhaps they'll ask you to do something outside your scope. Who knows? They ought to make you write that part of their job description out in long hand to make sure you recognize it. It's wrong to take advantage of a new medical assistant by asking them to sign a document which states Polyclinic can ask a medical assistant to do anything. Polyclinic hoodwinks new medical assistants at most vulnerable time, and they really ought to be ashamed of that.

The folks who represent management run an obvious rigged game. You can tell by the way they speak to you, an hourly employee, and the way they speak with each other. These are folks who have no insight in healthcare, or care for their medical assistants, let alone the people who come there to provide revenue, or may really be looking for medical help. The management at Polyclinic is fake. It's best to speak with Polyclinic management like you are trying out to be in a toilet paper commercial.

If you expect to keep your job here: do maintain a blunted affect; do not look at anyone directly; do keep your smartphone in your hand to appear awake, but allowing you to avoid direct communication with anyone while your at Polyclinic, do not exceed a working vocabulary of 200 or so words; speak in fragments, blend out, become a fixture.

As an employee, its understood you have nothing to say. Don't expect your attempts at email with supervisors to be answered. Supervisors have no shame in flagrantly ignoring you. There is no honest "above-board" employee communication at Polyclinic.

If your intention is to professionally help people who need help, this is not the place for you.
    Polyclinic seems to be deaf (they don't want to hear or listen) and dumb (mgmt appears to not have real experience with people). Like other folks have said here, patient care is really an afterthought.

Constant circus

I have been working at Polyclinic full-time

Pros

Felt my job would not disappear during the recession

Cons

Benefits have been cut back yearly for the last 3-4 years. Less holidays came first (for me) then insurance costs and co-pays shot up. Have to stay employed through Dec 31st to get all of that year's part of profit sharing.

How is parking subsidized when it's on company owned property and still so expensive?

Then there's the working environment, it's a constant circus with constant knee-jerking. Too many people in management that don't know what's going on making decisions no one wants. I keep hearing "that's true everywhere", uh no not in my experience.

One particular example of poorly choosing managers was one was hyper and considered crazy being replaced by someone who is well known to be easily confused by anything more complex then the "got your nose" trick used on infants that involves your thumb between two fingers. The same senior manager hired both and how one can sit in a room with these two people and think they're it is beyond many.

Some doctors are wonderful people while some are outright nasty to all. I'm not sure how a doctor who is so well know as nasty with low patient numbers is not eliminated.

If you're in a position requiring ordering parts and supplies count on everything taking multiple times longer than it should. This is if the item(s) gets ordered and correctly.

I pretty much forbade my partner from working here.

This ship is staying afloat only due to being medical.

Hire an outside consultant to interview all management and analyze how the company functions. Follow the corrective recommendations presented.

Not worth the steady paycheck

I worked at Polyclinic

Pros

Paychecks never bounce and there are the few nice people that work there.

Cons

Management is horrible. Taking care of patients is an afterthought. This is not a place to work if you actually want to help people. No such thing as team work. If you can handle someone telling you how to work and how to think without having an opinion, this place has plenty of jobs for you.

Clinic

Former Employee - Nurse  in  Seattle, WA
    Former Employee - Nurse in Seattle, WA

I worked at Polyclinic full-time for more than a year

Pros

Polyclinic gave me a chance when I had to move up here from Santa Barbara.
    That's why I gave them a couple of stars.
    I liked most of my coworkers when I worked here, and a part of me misses the people here.
    However, I had to be satisfied with 2% raise every year for a cost of living adjustment which translated into $0.45 raise for me at the time of my employment.
    I now get paid way more working for a health plan.
    I am sad that I get treated better & make more money sitting in front of a computer all day rather than actually taking care of patients.
    I don't think this is Polyclinc's fault, but there is seriously something wrong with our healthcare structure here!

Cons

Horrible PTO plan unless you plan on working for Polyclinic for >20 years
    High copay for your medical insurance (you can easily spend $1,000 on copays alone each year)
    Crappy Dental Plan
    Employees have to pay to park at Polyclinic in order to work for Polyclinic which is a great profit generating system for Polyclinic.
    Polyclinic is very smart!

I don't understand how they can promote more MAs to upper management over nurses who work so hard at providing the highest level of care.

Well, my paycheck hasn't bounced

Current Employee - Clerical  in  Seattle, WA
    Current Employee - Clerical in Seattle, WA

I have been working at Polyclinic full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Co-workers are really great; location is close to transit; nice having doctors around in case you pass out; steady paycheck and a 401k.

Cons

Benefits have been slashed, this hurts since I don't make $100k a year; some doctors are borderline abusive to their employees, it appears to be tolerated by upper management; you will go nowhere here unless you have a college degree, even if it is a BA in Underwater Basket Weaving; COLA raises have been all but eliminated.

Institute a bonus structure for the little people actually doing the work.

Horrible medical benefits.

I have been working at Polyclinic full-time

Pros

I can't think of any. Steady paycheck.

Cons

For a medical provider the medical benefits they offer are a joke. Doctors wanted a shiny new building - screw employees by taking away medical benefits. They own their own parking garages and charge employees $130 + month to park in them.

Worked for Polyclinic? Contribute to the Community!