Polyvore Reviews

Employment Status

Reset
5.0
Jess Lee

1. Loved my job and my colleagues!

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I have been working at Polyvore (More than a year)

Pros

Great people to work with that motivate you to learn more and do better, great benefits and lunch!

Cons

If you don't enjoy having a great work life balance and working with intelligent yet fun people, this isn't the company for you.

great place to work

Pros

smart, ambitious people. nice work environment

Cons

can be challenging to work cross team

3. Great company with a great culture

Current Employee - Software Engineer in Mountain View, CA
    Current Employee - Software Engineer in Mountain View, CA

I have been working at Polyvore (More than a year)

Pros

The best reason to work here is the culture! Polyvore has successfully not hired any "difficult to work with" people and created a place where it's easy to be very results driven with minimum garbage. Everything is very transparent and there is a mentality of getting things done, learning things fast, and you're free to engage whoever you need to get your work done. On top of that, it's very metrics driven so results are based on moving important business metrics. That's on top of the usual Silicon Valley tech company style perks: catered lunches, standing desks, two monitors, happy hours etc… but really you can get that anywhere, what's unique is the culture.

Cons

Open floor plan. Everyone here is cool, and the open floor plan is essentially inescapable, but it's the one thing I don't enjoy.

5. I LOVE my job.. I think everyone should work at Polyvore!

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Mountain View, CA

I have been working at Polyvore full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Polyvore leadership cares highly about company culture and values their employees. Happy people make happy products! Everyone enjoys coming to work and is proud of their work. I'm surrounded by very intelligent people at all levels who ask the right questions. Fail fast and learn fast motto is stressed and urges experimenting. Polyvore makes sure that they support healthy work-life balances and take good care of their employees so that we can focus on creating good work.

Cons

I can't think of any!

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work!

6. Polyvore is Untouchable

I have been working at Polyvore full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The company culture at Polyvore is awesome! Everyone, at every level, is smart and genuinely good people! From the daily catered lunches, the great insurance benefits, the bi weekly happy hours, and the emphasis placed on work-life balance, Polyvore is a great place to work. We here know how to work hard, and play hard while upholding our core values - delighting our users, doing a few things well, and making an impact.

Cons

We have awesome benefits, and some people take them for granted.

7. Love my job ... love the culture.

I have been working at Polyvore full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Love the company culture and the vision. The internal motto is that revenue should follow the user experience ad that defines how the products are built. This is unlike some of the startups in the bay area. Probably the best management team I have worked under. Very down-to-earth and approachable and transparent. They truly appreciate feedback and product input from everywhere in the company. overall - great colleagues, great product and vision, good work/life balance and free lunch :-)

Cons

Though the company has been around for a while, it is still fairly small. Wish there were more engineering resources. But on the flip side, this allows /forces you to learn skills which would let you be self-sufficient.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work ! ( putting in extra words to hit 20 word min)

8. A positive, empowered place to work...I love my job!

I have been working at Polyvore full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Outside of the fact that I get to work on a fun and innovative fashion product every day, the culture here is great. The company is flat and transparent. We hire smart and motivated people who are empowered to make decisions. There is a lot of room to grow both personally and professionally. The Exec team walks the talk - they truly work hard to ensure that they are diligent about delivering on the promise they have made about culture.

Cons

There is a clear vision and focus that makes prioritizing easier, but like most companies our size, there always seems to be too little time and too few people.

9. No egos, no politics, no BS

I have been working at Polyvore full-time

Pros

- Everyone here just wants to do good things for the company and for the company to do well. - It's a pleasure to be able to have open discussions and truly collaborate on goals. - You are measured by what you do, not what title you have. - The hiring bar is high and under-performers do not last long. - A healthy prod/eng team with incredible gender stats for any tech company (brogrammers need not apply)

Cons

- Been through a couple of changes in prod/eng leadership and has taken a while to get on a good track with clear goals and rapid iteration

Advice to Management

- Esp. for upper management - it's hard as we grow but do your best to stay in touch with your teams and know them as individuals

10. Engineering

I have been working at Polyvore full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Culture is a fit for me, I like to work at place that move fast, including fail fast. Not just saying fast but doing things fast. Impact, with the current size of the company, each one of us can still make an impact. Location, Mountain View is just the center of everything.

Cons

If you are the typical 9-5 person, it could be a little difficult to start, I went through it and I have to adjust my kids/family schedule for it.. Wish I could have the work from home 2 days a week.

11. Polyvore is a great place to work.

I have been working at Polyvore full-time

Pros

Polyvore is a great place to work. The company values all of it's employees and empowers people to make an impact. The organization is flat and everyone has a voice. The leadership is very transparent and the environment is awesome. The best benefits and perks too!

Cons

With growth, comes growing pains. I believe there is room for better alignment across teams and continued clear communication around company goals.

RSS Feed </> Embed