www.pomeroy.com

Updated January 5, 2015
2.4

Pomeroy IT President, CEO, and Director Chris Froman
Chris Froman

Pros
  • Good company values and comparable benefits available to the employees of the company (in 4 reviews)

• Good company to work for if you like field contract work (in 3 reviews)

Cons
  • Work-life balance and trust is preached but with crossed fingers (in 4 reviews)

• Low pay High hours, no notice when they terminated the contract, not a lot of knowledge in their organization (in 3 reviews)

More Highlights

Great work experience

I worked at Pomeroy IT

Pros

Was well balanced with hand on training and teaching methods.

Cons

mostly temporary work,but still was enjoyable.

Shortsided, not looking past the next fiscal quarter.

I worked at Pomeroy IT

Pros

Most of the employees work hard.

Cons

Unwilling to spend money to train employees and upgrade systems for the good of the company. No employee career paths.

Spend more time and money as an investment into your employees.

Contract IT

I worked at Pomeroy IT

Pros

Easy work not too difficult

Cons

Management could be a little better

It was a great experience being able to do what I love to do as well as learn a new thing or two.

Current Employee - PC Tech in Brentwood, TN
    Current Employee - PC Tech in Brentwood, TN

I have been working at Pomeroy IT full-time (less than a year)

Pros

The company does a great job finding work you are experienced doing along with being flexible with you learning a new task and since they are pretty much a temp agency, they will put you with most likely a Fortune 500 company so you might get your foot in the door of a great company.

Cons

Don't seem to have enough work and their pay period is every two weeks so when you first start it might be three weeks before you get paid and that makes it tough on the employee, especially when you are worried if you got enough gas money to get you there and back everyday until you do get paid.

Try expanding in to more than just IT work that doesn't involve sitting in a cubicle 8 hours a day. I mean that's ok for most IT people but I like doing more like actually pulling, terminating, testing, labeling, and dressing cables. Those kind if days fly by and I feel better about myself at the end of the day and don't have so much energy that I can't get to sleep at a decent time.

Solid, growing company, which is moving in right direction

I have been working at Pomeroy IT

Pros

Pomeroy has been on a positive upswing from an employee satisfaction standpoint for the last couple of years.
    They have invested heavily in employee training, and employee engagement is up. The management wants the employees to feel like they have a say in the direction the company is going in. I had a pleasant experience, and would recommend Pomeroy.

Cons

The challenges at Pomeroy are the same as any large employer. There are chances for advancement, but depending on the area you are in that may be difficult. Pomeroy is also an IT staffing firm, so there are some limitations on what they can offer employees- which in turn creates negative reviews.

Continue to listen to employees, and create a more positive environment in sales

RUN!!!

Former Employee - IT Support in Cleveland, OH
    Former Employee - IT Support in Cleveland, OH

I worked at Pomeroy IT

Pros

I was on the job within a week of applying for the position. Other than that, the company didn't seem to care too much about keeping me working.

Cons

The position was grossly misleading. Severely underpaid for what I actually ended up doing on the job. I was lied to about my contract being extended, then left unemployed with 5 days notice.

Stick to contracts with employers in your local area. I was dealing with people whom I'd never met and who had never met the key players at the company I was contracted to work for.

Pomeroy IT

I have been working at Pomeroy IT full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Employees are smart, experience and friendly.

Cons

Lack of training, under use of talent and no encouragement of full potential. Managers are detached and afraid to implement change or stream line processes. Inner department conflict food chain hierarchy issues. Benefits are poor; pay not great but not bad. The company has great potential, but fails to make effective change. If you are looking for career with personal satisfaction sense of achievement, do not apply. If you are looking job as stepping stone, this will work for you.

Use your optimization group to streamline your company processes, the people there are smart and have ambition. Help them to help you.

Ok while it lasted. Don't trust them

I worked at Pomeroy IT full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

They offer decent medical, vision, and dental. They also offer discounts on their online retail store. The two managers I had were decent, and I liked them a lot. I would happily work with them again.

Cons

The company itself is sporadic and the decisions made are questionable. I've watched them time and time again knowingly and unknowingly breach or try and get around contracts in a sneaky way. My experience is that they'll run over customer or employee for a miniscule amount of money. Promises also also rarely kept. The HR department at the time of my employment was also sketchy. It puts Managers in a very awkward position. Hopefully I just had a bad experience and the business isn't run in the fashion I witnessed but the folks I know who still work there continue to have ongoing issues.

Instead of trying to promote "Pomeroy is the place to be" MAKE it the place to be. If your employees can't trust you, you'll never gain the goals you seek. Example: I was very disappointed to learn that the department I was in needed to loose a headcount. That happens, and that's life. I'm fine with that. What I'm not fine with is you telling me on a Wednesday evening, right before my vacation trip on Thursday and Friday that I will no longer get said paid vacation, and that my HSA account has been turned off as of "today" so I won't be able to use it for my doctor appointment I had planed, the week after vacation. (about $1,700 I had saved out of my paycheck for my use that they "absorbed" back into the pool) If you take anything away from this review; Please, PLEASE. Don't leave your employees high and dry. Be decent and be responsible. You have peoples lives in your hands.

A sad joke

Current Employee - Computer Operator in Saint Louis, MO
    Current Employee - Computer Operator in Saint Louis, MO

I have been working at Pomeroy IT full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

The only pro is the three-day, twelve-hour work week.

Cons

The sad pay, NO raises, NOWHERE to go, NO advancement, NO communication from management, uncaring supervisors, an all-around pathetic, OLD-technology data center.

Communicate with the actual workers, find out what THEY need and DO IT for them.

Not the worst, not the best

Current Employee - Business Analyst in Birmingham, AL
    Current Employee - Business Analyst in Birmingham, AL

I have been working at Pomeroy IT full-time (less than a year)

Pros

The staff is generally nice, facilities are clean and you have an option to work from home sometimes.

Cons

Time-off policies aren't great. Very few perks and pay is not great.