Pomeroy IT

Be The First To
Add Photos

Pomeroy IT President, CEO, and Director Chris Froman

Chris Froman

Pros
  • Good company to work for if you like field contract work (in 3 reviews)

• First of all, its wages are thoroughly competitive - entry level started at 15/hour, and there were prospects for advancement (in 3 reviews)

Cons
  • work life balance hard to maintain (in 3 reviews)

• Low pay High hours, no notice when they terminated the contract, not a lot of knowledge in their organization (in 3 reviews)

More Highlights

Overall good experience

Account Manager (Current Employee) Hebron, KY

ProsAbility to set your own goals

Conswork life balance hard to maintain

Advice to Senior ManagementCompany vision lacks direction

Satellite sites serve as small fiefdoms.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsCorporate can seem concerned with employees.

ConsCorporate had no idea how local management mistreats employees.

Advice to Senior ManagementCreate processes that do not give local management leeway to be show favoritism. Example: one employee is allowed to work from home, while another is not.

Pomeroy IT Solutions is a WONDERFUL company to work for overall.

PC Tech (Current Employee) Deland, FL

ProsGood Executive and Service Managers and a Great sales team. Great policy and procedures.

ConsBig lack of advancement opportunities even for loyal and dedicated employees.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Unorganized, unprofessional

Deployment Technician (Former Employee) Benton Harbor, MI

ProsNot sure I guess they did pay expenses for travel

ConsLow pay High hours, no notice when they terminated the contract, not a lot of knowledge in their organization. They had managers who were managers who had limited experience but were one of the Directors kids.

Advice to Senior ManagementRe-Evaluate your current employees who are managing contractors, they treat them like they are surfs.

Backing up your employees when you have an irresponsible client

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsIn my experience with Pomeroy I have found they consistently provide service to their contractors that is in keeping with a professional organization in normal situations

ConsThe failing I have experienced with Pomeroy is, when the client is not providing a healthy environment to work in, the company does not go to bat for the contractor, they just take it and say nothing; Pomeroy allows even unsafe environments for their employees as long as they make money. This is not acceptable and I never have worked for them again.

Advice to Senior ManagementWhen you have a client that is mistreating your employees, allowing them to work in an unsafe environment, you need to defend them as you would your own family. Just because a "Right to Work" state allows employers to pretty much do whatever they want to people does not mean Pomeroy should allow it.

Not bad to start out with.

Tape Librarian (Current Employee) Kalamazoo, MI

ProsA fast interview period. Room to grow. The people I work with are all nice and more then willing to both help and accept help.

ConsFor an IT firm, the recruiters seemed a bit out of touch and were using very antiquated equipment. They couldn't open a 4 MB pdf. While the interview went well, trying to get all the paperwork finished was a pain due to a buggy website. Stick with it and keep checking in with them to make sure everything worked.

Advice to Senior ManagementManagement is just fine, zero complaints so far.

Get Experience, Move on

Service Desk Analyst (Former Employee) Hebron, KY

ProsIt gave me the experiences to put on my resume.

ConsNot allow do much technical stuff. They treat like you cannot be trusted with anything. Moral is low and so many people leave the company.

Advice to Senior ManagementThe management is horrible at communication. Told us a the day of a snow storm that we should stay at the Hotel down the street. If do not , cannot make it in the next day you there will be disciplinary actions. Please the management needs treat their employees with respect and listen to your employees.

Low pay, overlooking talent... Get Experience, Move on.

Analyst Level I Tier I (Former Employee) Hebron, KY

ProsAdd a line to your resume. A good place to start, get experience and move on.

ConsLow pay. No review or raises. You are sheep in a Level 1 Analyst Farm. Moral is low. Risk becoming jaded towards your passion.

Advice to Senior ManagementYour pay and sick time is a joke. You're hemorrhaging talent. No one wants to see you donate money to United Way when you can pay your employees a decent wage.

Much room for improvement.

Desktop Support (Former Employee) Bentonville, AR

ProsGood job opportunities and competitive pay rates.

ConsSevere lack of follow through in communication.

Advice to Senior ManagementBetter training for reps is needed. They do not understand processes and job responsibilities.

Good for the experience

Desktop Technician (Former Employee)

ProsIt was good for experience to add to my resume and I liked the people I worked with.

ConsThey are very disorganized and wasn't very good at keeping promises made at the time of interview.

Advice to Senior ManagementListen to your employees more, some of them do know what they are talking about.

Worked for Pomeroy IT? Contribute to the Community!