Pomona Unified School District

Richard Martinez

Loved working for district

Former Employee - TLC College Tutor in Pomona, CA
    Former Employee - TLC College Tutor in Pomona, CA

I worked at Pomona Unified School District part-time (less than a year)

Pros

Very flexible scheduling, great teacher support, and fun position.

Cons

The first day can be the hardest, once you handle that you will be more confident in what you are doing.

None, already great relationships.

Great Team, Good Administration, Average Pay

Current Employee - Speech and Language Pathologist in Pomona, CA
    Current Employee - Speech and Language Pathologist in Pomona, CA

I have been working at Pomona Unified School District full-time (more than a year)

Pros

I enjoyed my time working at Pomona Unified School District as a specialist therapist. Overall I found the administrative support to be good, not great, but good. I felt as though if I needed assistance, I could better be supported by fellow therapists than administration, but never felt neglected or abandoned by administration. It should be noted that the caseloads can be very high and it can be a big challenge to balance work and personal life.

Cons

Again, great team of therapists, good administrative support, decent pay, but the teachers I worked with were awful! I worked within two of the higher SES schools and found most of the teachers to be "uppity" and indignant to many of my students or students who were not like themselves. The gossip in the teachers' lounge was atrocious! Again, teachers will vary on a school-by-school basis, but the ones I encountered were mostly mean-spirited and disrespectful towards other teachers and towards me.

Very good institution to work for.

Current Employee - Teacher Science in Pomona, CA
    Current Employee - Teacher Science in Pomona, CA

I have been working at Pomona Unified School District full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

Job securitry after you have tenure. There are possibilities to grow for those interested in moving to administration.

Cons

The academic achievement from students is not high at several schools. Although, there are a few schools within the district that are high achieving schools. You can choose.

The students were an experience I will never forget, they taught me so many things.

Former Employee - Adult Education Teacher/Adults With Disabilities in Pomona, CA

I worked at Pomona Unified School District full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

For 27 years there was job stability.

Cons

There are definite problems with personnel keeping accurate information and keeping track of that information on their employees.

Recognize and acknowledge those employees who showed devotion, sustainability, loyalty and a genuine love for the profession and the students.

Very flexible, great staff if you are a people person.

Former Employee - Instructional Aide
    Former Employee - Instructional Aide

I worked at Pomona Unified School District part-time (more than a year)

Pros

On call, work when you want type schedule.

Cons

Some teachers are still learning making it difficult at times to assist when they can't control the classroom.

Confortable

I have been working at Pomona Unified School District

Pros

Working independently was a reason for me to work at Pomona Unified School District. No pressure to meet deadlines for projects

Cons

the slow environment is very discouraging as it affects the atitude of the work place. to some, minimal contact with other employees can be considered con

improve employee monitoring to stimulate work flow and employee awareness of company goals.