www.pontoonsolutions.com

Updated November 30, 2014
Updated November 30, 2014
3.7

Michael Wachholz

Pros
  • I love my job; I feel appreciated, respected and they truly get work life balance (in 10 reviews)

• Great Leadership/Management team (in 3 reviews)

Cons
  • It is very easy to be consumed with the work and lose the work/life balance (in 4 reviews)

• Still some growing pains from merging Adecco Solutions and Beeline MSP Programs (in 4 reviews)

More Highlights

I have been working at Pontoon Solutions

Pros

Great culture! I really like the great atmosphere and commradery.

Cons

Currently restructuring has caused a freeze on wage growth for the forseeable future.

A living wage is all anyone can ask for. Pay people their worth.

One Bad Company

I have been working at Pontoon Solutions

Pros

None. None. None. None. None. None.

Cons

No structure other than who knows who. Talent and experience plays no part with management. It's all about favorites.

Leadership is a toxic collection of manager wanna-bees who have been promoted 2-3 times above their skill sets. Senior leaders are not available and do not communicate. CEO is not a leader but is being led by this lot of fools.

Management listens and makes changes

Current Employee - Recruiter in Toledo, OH
    Current Employee - Recruiter in Toledo, OH

Pros

Cons

Continuous change management in leadership, performance management and bonus incentives but always seems to improve with each change

Hire quality recruiters that understand sense of urgency.

Unorganized Management Structure - Lowest Salary in the Industry for Recruitment - No Job Security

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Toledo, OH
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Toledo, OH

I have been working at Pontoon Solutions full-time

Pros

*Some friendly co-workers
    *Had a good manager (no longer there)

Cons

*Lowest salary range in the industry for recruiters/sourcers/recruitment consultants etc.
    *Very cliquish, office morale was constantly in a state of drudge
    *No job security
    *Will do anything, ANYTHING, to look good before their clients - even if it means at the cost to loyal and successful employees

*Provide excellent customer service to your clients, yet protect your best resource ~ your employees. People work best when they are not worried, at every turn, if they will have a job tomorrow.
    *Empower your associates, build on their strengths and provide training for weaknesses.

Not the Best Employer for Career Advancement

Current Employee - Program Consultant

I have been working at Pontoon Solutions full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Paycheck, work/life balance, and flexible schedule.

Cons

Low pay, no career advancement, not heard by upper management and very little appreciation for hard working employees.

Stop paying lip service to your employee and stop telling them things that sound good in order to pacify them. Be sure to give reward to your hardest workers and pay them a fair wage. Stop being misleading.

LIAR LIAR Pants on fire! Long road to get NOWHERE!!!

Current Employee - Recruitment Consultant in Toledo, OH
    Current Employee - Recruitment Consultant in Toledo, OH

I have been working at Pontoon Solutions full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

$.25 Pop Machine. Happy hours where management gets drunk and beligerant! $1 snack bar! Mmmmm! Free notebooks! There were some good people that worked there, but most of them have moved on to bigger and better things.

Cons

NO benefits! NO PTO or accrual process! NO paid holidays! When the office closes early for holidays, they don't even have the decency to pay the workers for the remaining time of the day. Management bullies workers. My boss threatened my job almost weekly for the 5 years I worked there. There is no consistency and leadership changes more than management changes their underwear. "Management" lies to pacify the few remaining good workers.

Get some real leaders, not managers! Quit changing the ORG structure all of the time and work on fixing the ineffective process. Listen to and make your employees happy and feel valued. Try to retain good workers and reward them before they have to put in their 2 week notice. Happy hours mean very little to parents that just want healthcare coverage and a yearly cost of living raise.

PASSION!

I have been working at Pontoon Solutions full-time

Pros

Pontoon is on the up and up in this industry. With visionary leaders , we have so many opportunities for growth. Work / Life balance is talked about, and given a very fair attempt. One understands there are times where we have projects that need completion.

Cons

Only con would be that the compensation ... They could be better, but then again , that is what everyone says.

Talk to your teams - Synergy!

As management changed, the changes did not last long enough to make an impact

I worked at Pontoon Solutions full-time

Pros

Hard working teams of people

Cons

business growing very slowly and no communication

Ok, but could be better.

I have been working at Pontoon Solutions full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Pay for responsibilities is pretty good. Sometimes you get to work on some interesting projects. Work/life balance is pretty good. My immediate manager is making an effort to help team members feel valued.

Cons

There's alot of "cloak and dagger" activity among members of my work team and seemingly little effort to stop it from our leadership. Benefits have gotten steadily worse over the last few years (higher premiums for less coverage). Questionable personnel decisions (hires & terminations) within work team over the past two years have had a negative effect on morale.

Be more careful with selecting the people you put into leadership roles (thin-skinned and/or mean people aren't good leaders!). Identify and mentor internal people who have potential for advancement.

Criminal - The staff that is onsite at customers are consistently forgotten and taken advantage of.

Current Employee - Program Consultant

I have been working at Pontoon Solutions full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Great medical benefits, thankfully they are not too expensive. I have received my 10% bonus a majority of my time here except for their first year as 'Pontoon'.

Cons

The best way to be successful here is to fly under the radar and do the bare minimum! Top performers are not allowed to have a bad day.

No room for growth, all opportunities are scattered over the US which require relocation.

Lack of proper training and guidance from corporate and tool administrators.

Clients are too involved in processes. I've witnessed huge co-employment risks yet Pontoon doesn't have the backbone to properly guide and educate their customer. The team experiences a rough workload simply due to an inefficient process.

No work/life balance. I've worked many days from 9a-9p including weekends with no recognition from management....unless I arrive at 9:02a then they notice and are sure to mention it. They can't afford to give me my 2 minutes back when I have given them many hours of overtime and my weekends.

They motivate with fear.....send subliminal messages that if you don't do what they ask they will find someone else who will.

Candidates for management and team lead roles should be thoroughly qualified and not just given a job because of who they know and where they know them from.

Spend time with your onsite teams. Every time we have visitors from corporate they simply say 'hi' first thing in the morning then hide in a conference room for the remainder of the day. Occasionally we get a free lunch but of course they don't eat with us.

Stop beating up your top performers! Reward a job well done! Instead, they pile more and more work on you and expect you to keep up.

Listen to your teams feedback! Just when there's hope and you think your ideas are being heard.....there's a change, a new manager you have to explain your ideas to again and so on and so on. What was once an open door policy quickly changed to 'leave me alone' and to go tell the next person.

Try talking to your team instead of AT them.

Pontoon Solutions Photos