www.pontoonsolutions.com

Updated January 22, 2015
Updated January 22, 2015
3.8

Michael Wachholz

Pros
  • I love my job; I feel appreciated, respected and they truly get work life balance (in 10 reviews)

• Great Leadership/Management team (in 3 reviews)

Cons
  • It is very easy to be consumed with the work and lose the work/life balance (in 4 reviews)

• Still some growing pains from merging Adecco Solutions and Beeline MSP Programs (in 4 reviews)

More Highlights

Amazing People & Training Programs!

Current Employee - Recruiting Coordinator I in Toledo, OH
    Current Employee - Recruiting Coordinator I in Toledo, OH

I have been working at Pontoon Solutions

Pros

After recently joining the company, and having many previous jobs, Pontoon Solutions by far has the best training programs I've ever experienced. Each new employee is focused on with such great detail to ensure that everybody has the training and understanding necessary before getting into their projects. Even after you have finished training, the University of Pontoon is there to continue the training and education of all employees, new and old. The work environment is casual but business-oriented and everyone is nice and willing to help.

Cons

There is nothing bad about working here!

Awesome Culture, Even Better People!

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Jacksonville, FL

I have been working at Pontoon Solutions full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

Assembled a team of the best in the industry; a culture of openness, inclusion and winning; and a group of people that are fun to work with every day.

Cons

Growing so much globally that fast pace can be crazy and hard to keep up with.

Keep on keeping on...don't compromise on talent with every new hire!

I love my Pontoon Family!

I have been working at Pontoon Solutions

Pros

In the almost 4 years I have worked at Pontoon I have always been made to feel that I am part of a family. When I first came to work there I had just left a ling career in a totally different field. I came to this company in an entry level position. Management has always given me every opportunity to learn and to grow by providing me with the support and learning tools needed. Management has also always been very approachable and truly listens to any concerns I may have. These concerns are always acted upon in a reasonable time frame. Since coming to Pontoon I have received several promotions and am made to feel as if I am an integral part of the company.

My Pontoon Family not only helps me professionally, but also personally. Last year when I became very ill and needed to be hospitalized, they worked very closely with me to make sure I had everything I needed to take care of myself first. After hospitalization, I still needed several more months of flexible scheduling and additional support during my recovery. They were very happy to help make this happen for me. It was a win-win situation. The company helped me to get back to work as soon as possible, and (more importantly) I was able to get back to doing what I love quicker. I will always be grateful to my Pontoon Family for this.

Cons

The office building is older and can be cold in the winter.

Keep up the good work! I love the Town Hall Meetings and the availability I have to speak with you.

Great environment great leadership for the most part....

I have been working at Pontoon Solutions full-time

Pros

They know they are not perfect and don't try to be or act like they are, the company has a human quality

Cons

They are slow to Fire and often let go great workers instead of horrible management staff

Listen to your works and believe what they say the first time

This is a family

Current Employee - Lead Recruiter in Toledo, OH

I have been working at Pontoon Solutions full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

I call the people here my Pontoon Family. Not just my coworkers I sit with daily, but everyone from bottom to top.

When I first came to this company I had no experience in this field. I started at a very low-level position. In the last 4 years I have received several promotions and am now a team lead. Management has been extremely good about exposing me to opportunities to learn more about this industry and has helped me to grow immensely. There have been a few hiccups along the way, but the company was aware of the problems and has worked hard to fix them.

Not only has my Pontoon Family supported me professionally, but when I became ill last year they worked with me to provide me with everything I needed to remain successful in my position (flexible work times, added technology, etc.). I could not have asked for more support. They allowed me to put my health care needs first and gave me the emotional support to help me recover more quickly. Because of this support I wanted to be back at work (with my Pontoon Family) as quickly as possible. I am happy to say that after 4 months of being ill, I am back with my family full time again.

Cons

The building is old and can get drafty in the Winter.

Keep heading in the direction you are. I have always enjoyed working here, but it keeps getting better all the time.

Glad to be part of the team!

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Jacksonville, FL

I have been working at Pontoon Solutions full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Easy, open communication with managers. Constructive conversations about future and personal goals. Lively workplace atmosphere. Flexible work schedule and great benefits.

Cons

Have a better process for disseminating information to new hires (email set-up, concur, online benefits portal, etc.)

Continue to create an open communication atmosphere.

Best team I have worked for!

Current Employee - Vice President in Jacksonville, FL
    Current Employee - Vice President in Jacksonville, FL

I have been working at Pontoon Solutions

Pros

Great management team. All are willing to hear your ideas. Strong leader. Excellent work/life balance. Great opportunities if you are willing to work hard and invest the time.

Cons

Overall communication is good but could be better. More accountability at all levels could improve the culture.

Keep listening to the great team you have put together.

Unbalanced Workload, Lack of Recognition, Weak Management

Former Employee - Program Consultant
    Former Employee - Program Consultant

I worked at Pontoon Solutions full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Working onsite with great clients is a huge plus here. I had the opportunity to work onsite at a very big, exciting company, exposing me to some of the smartest people in the industry. I learned a great deal in working alongside those full time employees.

Cons

Work-life balance was non-existent, as I was often working 80 hours per week, and did not get the opportunity to take any time off. Pay was not very competitive, and I was told the my manager did not have time to do any coaching. So, moving up was not an option either.

My advice to management would be to build on the talent within the current workforce instead of focusing primarily on bringing in outside help. I would also suggest balancing the workload so that individuals have the ability to take time off or work somewhere in the vicinity of a 40 hour work week.

I have been working at Pontoon Solutions

Pros

Great culture! I really like the great atmosphere and commradery.

Cons

Currently restructuring has caused a freeze on wage growth for the forseeable future.

A living wage is all anyone can ask for. Pay people their worth.

One Bad Company

I have been working at Pontoon Solutions

Pros

None. None. None. None. None. None.

Cons

No structure other than who knows who. Talent and experience plays no part with management. It's all about favorites.

Leadership is a toxic collection of manager wanna-bees who have been promoted 2-3 times above their skill sets. Senior leaders are not available and do not communicate. CEO is not a leader but is being led by this lot of fools.

Pontoon Solutions Photos