Poornam Info Vision

Updated September 2, 2014
1.8

CEO

Amazing learning environment

Former Employee - Software Engineer  in  Cochin (India)
    Former Employee - Software Engineer in Cochin (India)

I worked at Poornam Info Vision full-time for more than a year

Pros

Take it as an institution to learn about latest technologies under the shadow training of experienced experts.
    Easy to built a very sound technical profile in 3 years.
    Employee friendly
    Team building activities
    Cultural programs
    Good alumni strength in Yahoo, Oracle, HP, RedHat, RMSI etc
    On a switch after 3 years to next organization, it is easy to excel in the interviews with good package

Cons

Hectic schedule
    Night shifts
    Cab service - Unreliable

Give good hikes in annual appraisals

Worst place to work

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative Tech I  in  Phoenix, AZ
    Former Employee - Customer Service Representative Tech I in Phoenix, AZ

I worked at Poornam Info Vision full-time for more than a year

Pros

I worked her for a year and a half. Gives work ethics.

Cons

You work on all holidays. No holiday pay most of the time except Christmas, Halloween and Labor day. No future in rising in the company.

Performed my job to the letter. Gave me a few cent raise said I needed to improve or take up management duties for no extra pay. I said "no" and the management was lazy and did not deal with the client in a business like manner so they lost them. In turn I got fired.

Good exposure to Linux, but no Work/Life Balance

Former Employee - Senior Software Engineer  in  Ernākulam (India)
    Former Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Ernākulam (India)

I worked at Poornam Info Vision full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Some seniors with good knowledge in server administration.
    Exposure to Linux and Open source.
    Good for freshers to get a hold on system administration.

Cons

No work/life balance. 24/7
    Bad compensation.
    Appraisal system is dead.
    Very less leaves. No holidays even on National holidays.
    6 days working, even during night shifts.

People working in 24/7 need some time to live their life. Increase leves and atleast give mandatory Govt. holidays. Unnecessary importance is given for non-technical stuff.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

"Finishing school, not a professional firm"

I worked at Poornam Info Vision

Pros

--> Good accommodation and food.
    --> Extensive training.
    --> Experience from this company is a heavily added advantage for a better job in another company.
    --> will help to improve googling and some Linux skills in web hosting Environment.

Cons

--> negative work culture. No professional manners
    --> Customer are considered as God's and employees as slaves.
    -->No value for employee time due to over shifts, qc meetings, seminars, etc.
    --> Feels like we are in school again.
    --> salary not enough for the efforts we take.

Keep some experienced business experts in top management.
    Give some respect and manners to employees.
    Losing large clients are due to poor employer employee relationship. Add some coolness.
    Stop asking blunders in qc and other poornam meetings.

Bad experience

Former Employee - Software Engineer  in  Ernākulam (India)
    Former Employee - Software Engineer in Ernākulam (India)

I worked at Poornam Info Vision full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Good Food, Accommodations and Travel : Hats off to it.
    We can learn a lot. Can become "puli" during probation period.
    Friendly atmosphere.

Cons

Less leaves. Only Customer and Customer empathy.
    Using Laptops and local desktop machines as GREAT servers.
    Top management bring their laptops to work with.
    Less amount of experienced guys. Existing are google researchers.
    Considering Admins as Excel-sheet managers
    No perfect bathrooms.

1. Hire experienced and talented MBAs instead of Current Top Management members. Experienced MBA will know how to make business and at the same time, how to keep Employee satisfied.
    2. Hire data entry operators for creating stats.
    3. Provide basic salary + performance based salary.
    4. Bring 5 day working scheme and leaves on Gigantic days; and work @ home in emergency situation.
    5. Provide good configuration systems for work.

Employee will love the job if the above prescriptions are satisfied.

hectic work schedule

Current Employee - Systems Engineer  in  Ernākulam (India)
    Current Employee - Systems Engineer in Ernākulam (India)

I have been working at Poornam Info Vision full-time for less than a year

Pros

-Can learn a lot in web hosting and server management

Cons

-Unmanaged work schedules
    -round the clock shifts
    -QC meetings makes you down to earth

- Dont just focus on customer empathy, we also deserve it...a bit

Good place to learn, unfortunately not to live

Former Employee - Senior Software Engineer  in  Cochin (India)
    Former Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Cochin (India)

I worked at Poornam Info Vision full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Good learning place. You can lean anything you like to. Eventhough on one is out there to team you, self motivated people can learn themselfs.

Cons

First of all, let me extend my heart felt thanks to Poornam for giving me opportunity to study and develop my carrier. I am writing this only with an intention for the management to correct their way and get back the good olden days of Poornam back.

Started by 2 fresh college students who do not have any experience with running a company. They followed their standards in selecting all the management board members who are simple college passouts and do not have ANY experience on how a company runs. none of them have any experience in management rather than completed distant MBA, except 2 (not worth for). It is hard to find such a company with very talented people in Kerala, but is facing a near death only due to utter poor management.
    Training is one good part with the company, but the effort the employee need to take for this part it un-explainable. Employees need to work out their normal working hours, then do the training, conduct test and publish the scores. Even after taking all these pains, the outcome for them is only the worst.
    Has got daily "QC" meeting, just to hares employee considering only the few issues they had committed, rather than taking and fixing the issue, this is just like a court room when all the top management team sits around you can keep on asking blunder questions, which you are not able to answer !(rather not meaningful enough to answer).
    Started this with the motto to improve quality and client retention, but due to mis-management, client cancellations and attrition has very much. Clients have cancelled only due to the reason that the attrition rate is too high and not due to the fall in quality !
    It is very common doubt that all the meetings introduced here;
    "QC meeting, escalated meeting, review meeting, training doc meeting, redmine verification meeting, QC coaching, trainer review doc meeting etc etc..." are only to keep some of the management side people engaged since they do not have any other work !

Note this company do not have any public holidays, working even for Republic Day ! There had been many cases filed for this reason, but do not know where all those have gone to !
    This company is functioning in a not yet completed flat, which is standing in a slanted position !!
    No need to just read this comment, but can check with any of the locals are anyone around the company to get a clear picture of the company. The above mentioned instances are only a very few of the most worse,in my opinion the most idiotic acts by the management, many you can know once you check with the surrounding people.
    Have you seen a company CEO (rather than an Institutes Principal) saying,"I am very much happy to know that people who go out from here are placed in good positions ! "
      -> do not know if their final vision is to make this company as a training school !!
    Do you need to be a team lead, lead quality checker are what all so called positions which need years of experience to attain within 2 months of experience, you can definitely be in this firm.
      -> Not this is only because there is that much shortage of senior members, and management is not even bothered to recruit one eventhough they conducts recruitment drives every weeks... For taking an experienced candidate is too too high issue !

To conclude, check for only one thing,
       "why is attrition rate too too high with Poornam Info Vision ?"

Even though the management is just like a radio service, do not hear what others days,I am still waiting my effort only with the love towards the company..
    . Change all the management team members,they are not worth for management
      some are worth for team leads, put them in such positions.
    . Employee management professionals who have proven experience in management, rather than school and college passout freshers.
    . Employee required no of experienced professionals for better growth rate.
    . Improve employee satisfaction, to control the attrition rate.
       Make the employee satisfaction survey and Infrastructure survey mandatory once in a month rather than just mimiking once just before the external audits!
    . Remove inexperienced and unworthy people from the Quality Check team. These people are one of the main reason for the down fall !
    . Employee interaction should be limited with people just above them.It is a waste of time and a large negative impression to waste time of top management team members to discuss silly issues in a team. Please do note, this is not a 10 member company !
    . Workout some solutions, that employee have considerable amount of time to rest (3 shifts, 6days working, employees are from too far distances etc..)
    . When new requirement and "Work Instructions" are issues, plan, analyze and study on all the sides of the same before issues it, rather than issuing a new WI suddenly in a meeting with a team without even being checking what is the case with majority of other teams.
    . Try to take roles that suits to the position that each holds. A CEO need not do the work of a team lead. I would like to quote one point that I had stated earlier, this is not a 10 member company !

Good for learning but compensation is poor, exit is a hassle.

Former Employee - Junior Software Engineer  in  Cochin (India)
    Former Employee - Junior Software Engineer in Cochin (India)

I worked at Poornam Info Vision full-time for less than a year

Pros

* Lots to learn
    * Approachable management
    * Fun atmosphere
    * Helpful seniors in technical stuff

Cons

* Low salary
    * Exit process is a hassle
    * Horrible food

Telling an ex-employee who is trying to communicate for 2 months over mail (30 mails) to get some details "I don't know or care who you are" is not a great thing to do.

Very demanding company with very less to offer except for Knowledge on linux and Server Administration.

Current Employee - Software Engineer  in  Cochin (India)
    Current Employee - Software Engineer in Cochin (India)

I have been working at Poornam Info Vision full-time for more than a year

Pros

You will get exposure to linux and Server Administration. If you love these topics then surely join this company. (Teams like googlers, installations,mastermind,bobsquad,websquad) can give you an edge in your career. Other teams are not that good. If you are put in any other team than the above mentioned then your career is doomed.

Cons

Very less salary,
    North Indian will find it difficult (food and language is a big problem),
    Management only care about them they will suck your blood,
    Head of the company will treat you very badly through skype chat,
    Even after 1 year they will give just 2.56 lac

Treat people well, don't treat us like animal,
    See why so many people left in the last 6 month (around 100 or more)
    (for readers it is not because people are getting jobs most of them left out of frustration and harassment) though very few got jobs also.

Poornam, a company Without any Aim, Vision, Mission. Just going on. Just go through company policy statements.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Barra Patuca (Honduras)
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Barra Patuca (Honduras)

I have been working at Poornam Info Vision full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Relationship between employees that simply happens, Food, Good Start for a fresher to Linux world.

Cons

No vision, Mission, Aim. Company ever says that they care employees or atleast listen employees. Golden theory of increasing frustration increases productivity (I would simply laugh on it). Top management is just like frog in well, they grew up inside the company so don't know how a management must me. Seems like they have never faced an answer 'NO' or challenges. They always hear 'Yes' from employees or make them say YES. So almost sure that they can't survive challenges or dare to meet it. No goal is set for the company. just Business and company runs because of luck and Dollar-Rupee rating. I was with poornam only because of relationship.

Try to make a mind to appreciate rather than criticize or harrase. Make employees feel that they must work to get appreciated than just escaping from harassment what you call Performance review meeting. Just study what actually managing is and reviewing is. Salary is not a concern in this review. If you can, make someone from an external company to be in the Management and try to get answer NO and work to make it Yes.

Worked for Poornam Info Vision? Contribute to the Community!