Pop-A-Lock

www.popalock.com

Pop-A-Lock Reviews

Updated Jun 30, 2014
Pop-A-Lock – Lexington – “Key cutting”

Pop-A-Lock – Lexington – “Key cutting”

It was a great experience that was one of the best jobs I've ever had.

Technician (Former Employee) Denver, CO

ProsThe income potential is great. You get to meet some nice people and it can become a career. It's not another dead end job.

ConsMy schedule wasn't my favorite schedule ever.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep treating the employees awesome.

I love my job at Pop A Lock/ The people that give this company a bad review are workers that are lazy.

Emergency Roadside Technician (Current Employee) Tampa, FL

ProsI feel that this company has a good management team that are always willing to help out. I feel that the people I work with are dedicated to the employees. The pay is outstanding if you are willing to work. I am fairly new with the company and will tell you that the trainer Alex in Orlando was very helpful and guided us in the techniques of opening cars. The same pattern of management followed in Tampa when I started the position. The manager even offered a 3 day ride around to make sure that you were comfortable with all the paper work and safety of the job. All I can say is this is a company that is dedicated for you to succeed.

Conslong hours and wear and tear on your car

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep up the good work in Tampa,Fl.

Good company.

Marketing Manager (Current Employee)

ProsGood people.Good working environment and many opportunities. Management was very knowledgable. The management also cared about the employees and it offered many benefits.

ConsLong hours with too much fork to put up with. You work on call but it all depends on the market you are in. There is too much multi-tasking.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Worst run company is pop a lock

ProsNone. Worst ever experience with bad personalities!

ConsManangers do not manage well. They are not people oriented but the owner is a mirror of the same so what can you say of a poorly run business. Drips from the top!

Advice to Senior ManagementManagement are not looking out for your best interest nor help you to succeed. I have heard too many customers tell me how they are extremely rude!

Worst Job I've ever had

Emergency Roadside Technician (Former Employee) Fort Lauderdale, FL

ProsThe only pro would be that sometimes you really get to help someone having a bad day. The gratitude you receive from parents after rescuing their children is pretty special also.

ConsLong work hours 6 am - 10 pm in my case. You are technically "on call", but depending on the market you are in that could mean non stop calls all day long. You have to text and drive, use your own vehicle, and the list goes on and on.

Advice to Senior ManagementGet a good legal team, because you are bound to get sued for a dangerous work environment.

A great company to work for...good job for stay at home moms!

ProsFlexible schedule, work from any location as long as you have a landline phone, internet, quiet surrounding

ConsTurnover....this type of work is not for everyone.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep up the great work and thank you for caring about your employees...the only advice I would give is to consider offering workers who do a good job and are steady with their schedule an opportunity to work full time as non contract employees

by the time you pay for your own gas you make less then min. wadge

Tech (Current Employee) Seattle, WA

Proshelping people in times of trouble

Conson call 24 hrs. a day and pay for own gas and repairs to car

Advice to Senior Managementgas cards for techs and oil changes

Disappointing, dangerous work, low pay.

Roadside Technician (Former Employee) Colorado Springs, CO

ProsMake some extra cash while going to school.

ConsLow pay, company looks for ways to get out of paying you for jobs performed. Example: went on a door opening at 3:30am, customer paid cash and the company refused to pay me for the job, citing the zip code was not filled in on the invoice...for a cash payment? I could understand a credit card or check payment needing this info, but not for cash. Also, they charge a $1200. training fee, prorated if you quit or are fired within the first year. My "training" consisted of less than an hour of opening doors in a local junk yard. Inexcusable, perhaps that is why the company folded in my area.

Advice to Senior ManagementOwners: monitor your managers a little more closely.

Great pay, easy work, long workdays.

Tech (Current Employee) Tampa, FL

ProsGreat pay day work day

ConsLong days, often away from your home

Advice to Senior Managementnone. They do a great job.

– I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company

Great Company with excellent growth opportunities and knowledgable upper management

ProsWork from home with ability to complete personal tasks while working. Upper management is interactive and cares about employees as well as company. Offers full benefits (health insurance, 401K, paid vacation)

ConsHours are long and must use own vehicle for work. However, company compensates heavily for that and there is a program where you are able to get paid monthly for having your car display Pop-A-Lock logos

Advice to Senior ManagementManagement should continue working as they have been. The management in this company has allowed this company to grow substantially and they truly value their employees.

Worked for Pop-A-Lock? Contribute to the Community!