Pop-A-Lock

Updated December 10, 2014
Updated December 10, 2014
3.3

CEO

Pop-A-Lock is an outstanding place to work, and financially amazing for those with strong work ethic!

Current Employee - Locksmith
    Current Employee - Locksmith

I have been working at Pop-A-Lock full-time

Pros

First, and most important, is the leadership quality. My franchise owner has taken the time to explain all of the aspect of the job, paid to send me to headquarters to learn the trade in an interactive classroom environment, and has made me feel like I am part of a family, and not just an employee.
    Another important factor is compensation. If you have a good work ethic and a can-do attitude, you can make money hand over fist in this career.
    I could go on and on about how great this place is, but i'll only touch on one more thing. The support network in place is so good that there is nothing a novice locksmith can't figure out. you have a national network of experienced locksmiths just a text away, as well as a national tech support number.

Cons

There are days where you will work long hours.

Nothing. Keep doing what you are doing and this will be the locksmith of choice in every home, car, and business in America and beyond.

Great Experience

Former Employee - Intern in Phoenix, AZ
    Former Employee - Intern in Phoenix, AZ

I worked at Pop-A-Lock part-time (less than an year)

Pros

Learned alot of knowledge about the locksmith industry and a about starting a start up company. My franchise was family owned so they really treated us well. They were very flexible when I had class or we wanted time off. compensation was average $8 an hour but working 40 hours a week allowed for nice checks for a college student. They did decide to promote us to manage each side of the business.

Cons

The weather was harsh, slow getting practices in place, lack of continuity, quotas, and not enough hands on experience.

I feel like there needed to be a packet that could have been given to business that were interested with pricing sheet, I-9, and other business protocols.

Untrained, stressful, unappreciated work environment.

Former Employee - Franchise Development in Lafayette, LA
    Former Employee - Franchise Development in Lafayette, LA

I worked at Pop-A-Lock full-time (more than an year)

Pros

The lower level staff works well together and appreciates each other. Owners do care and show their appreciation in many ways to the staff.

Cons

Upper level management does not train new employees to be productive at their jobs. Upper management do not follow policy in most situations, they do what ever works best for them in the current situation. They do not utilize the staff they do have properly. Departments are understaffed for the amount of new business being created.

Train new employees, utilize employees as needed, hire new staff in departments where needed.

It was a great experience that was one of the best jobs I've ever had.

Former Employee - Technician in Denver, CO
    Former Employee - Technician in Denver, CO

I worked at Pop-A-Lock full-time (less than an year)

Pros

The income potential is great. You get to meet some nice people and it can become a career. It's not another dead end job.

Cons

My schedule wasn't my favorite schedule ever.

Keep treating the employees awesome.

I love my job at Pop A Lock/ The people that give this company a bad review are workers that are lazy.

Current Employee - Emergency Roadside Technician in Tampa, FL
    Current Employee - Emergency Roadside Technician in Tampa, FL

I have been working at Pop-A-Lock full-time (less than an year)

Pros

I feel that this company has a good management team that are always willing to help out. I feel that the people I work with are dedicated to the employees. The pay is outstanding if you are willing to work. I am fairly new with the company and will tell you that the trainer Alex in Orlando was very helpful and guided us in the techniques of opening cars. The same pattern of management followed in Tampa when I started the position. The manager even offered a 3 day ride around to make sure that you were comfortable with all the paper work and safety of the job. All I can say is this is a company that is dedicated for you to succeed.

Cons

long hours and wear and tear on your car

Keep up the good work in Tampa,Fl.

Good company.

Current Employee - Marketing Manager
    Current Employee - Marketing Manager

I have been working at Pop-A-Lock as an intern (less than an year)

Pros

Good people.Good working environment and many opportunities. Management was very knowledgable. The management also cared about the employees and it offered many benefits.

Cons

Long hours with too much fork to put up with. You work on call but it all depends on the market you are in. There is too much multi-tasking.

Worst run company is pop a lock

I have been working at Pop-A-Lock

Pros

None. Worst ever experience with bad personalities!

Cons

Manangers do not manage well. They are not people oriented but the owner is a mirror of the same so what can you say of a poorly run business. Drips from the top!

Management are not looking out for your best interest nor help you to succeed. I have heard too many customers tell me how they are extremely rude!

Worst Job I've ever had

Former Employee - Emergency Roadside Technician in Fort Lauderdale, FL
    Former Employee - Emergency Roadside Technician in Fort Lauderdale, FL

I worked at Pop-A-Lock full-time (less than an year)

Pros

The only pro would be that sometimes you really get to help someone having a bad day. The gratitude you receive from parents after rescuing their children is pretty special also.

Cons

Long work hours 6 am - 10 pm in my case. You are technically "on call", but depending on the market you are in that could mean non stop calls all day long. You have to text and drive, use your own vehicle, and the list goes on and on.

Get a good legal team, because you are bound to get sued for a dangerous work environment.

A great company to work for...good job for stay at home moms!

I have been working at Pop-A-Lock as a contractor

Pros

Flexible schedule, work from any location as long as you have a landline phone, internet, quiet surrounding

Cons

Turnover....this type of work is not for everyone.

Keep up the great work and thank you for caring about your employees...the only advice I would give is to consider offering workers who do a good job and are steady with their schedule an opportunity to work full time as non contract employees

by the time you pay for your own gas you make less then min. wadge

Current Employee - Tech in Seattle, WA
    Current Employee - Tech in Seattle, WA

I have been working at Pop-A-Lock as a contractor (more than 3 years)

Pros

helping people in times of trouble

Cons

on call 24 hrs. a day and pay for own gas and repairs to car

gas cards for techs and oil changes

Pop-A-Lock Photos